St Mirren V Queen Of The South Championship 12/3/16

shull

Solid win and good work rate from everyone. I know he gets a bit of stick at times, but I think Gow coming on changed the tempo of the game and thought he bossed the area between midfield and up front. Gave the ball away once or twice, but also had some very good touches and unlucky not to score with his volley. Webster was excellent at the back, and wouldn't really single anyone out as having played poorly. 5th place should be our aim now unless Raith collapse, which is unlikely.

You still here? ????

First half was pretty dire. Second half an improvement. Plenty effort but little skill on display. Cannot believe I am saying this but Gow was a vast improvement over Clarkson when he came on. Hopefully Goody starts the next game as his presence is badly needed.

Gow is a class player. You can see that today. Just cannot keep fit. Thought he made a big difference as did the half time dressing down l presume. Home record now not looking too shabby. If we could improve our finishing and commit more players into the box we would be far more comfortable in these games. Webster had a good second half and Gallagher was more effective in his runs

First half was crap apart for the run that got us a penalty and the penalty!

Clarkson did not look his self today and it was the right decision to take him off on 50 mins....

When I saw his replacement was Gow was not impressed BUT he did well had some nice touches and played in some balls that created chances that players should have done better with!

The goal that was chopped off should have stood!

Didn't think Shankland did much today sure unlucky to get flagged offside but not much apart from that!

Should we try Gow and Clarkson upfront?

Can't believe I have just said that...

over all it was a good display we should have scored more goals Queens goal was against the run of play and was badly defended to leave a player unmarked in the box!

Thought Watson was excellent again. I'd be well pleased if we could keep him next season.

Gow was also pretty decent when he came on and certainly helped turn the game our way.

Shankland was hopeless, his run into the box for the penalty excepted. I just get the impression he can't be arsed and doesn't want to be at the club. Can't pass, can't header but does score goals. Frustrating in the extreme.

A good win though, especially with Hen Broon the linesman doing his level best to give QOS a few points....

Next 3 games

Livi. A

Raith home

Alloa away

3 winable games

Raith next 3

Hibs

Us

Morton.

3 games they could easily lose could be down to 2 points with 5 games left

If only we didn't get best last week

Next 3 games

Livi. A

Raith home

Alloa away

3 winable games

Raith next 3

Hibs

Us

Morton.

3 games they could easily lose could be down to 2 points with 5 games left

If only we didn't get best last week

You would get pretty long odds on that I would say.

Season is most likely over, hopefully we are far enough away from Livi now.

Just need to concentrate on finishing ahead of Morton and starting to build for next year.

Thought Watson was excellent again. I'd be well pleased if we could keep him next season.

Gow was also pretty decent when he came on and certainly helped turn the game our way.

Shankland was hopeless, his run into the box for the penalty excepted. I just get the impression he can't be arsed and doesn't want to be at the club. Can't pass, can't header but does score goals. Frustrating in the extreme.

A good win though, especially with Hen Broon the linesman doing his level best to give QOS a few points....

Getting Watson signed up would be a massive boost, there will be plenty of clubs interested in him come the end of the season if he keeps performing the way he is, he's a quality player.

Getting Watson signed up would be a massive boost, there will be plenty of clubs interested in him come the end of the season if he keeps performing the way he is, he's a quality player.

Sadly I think there will be teams that are in a better position in terms of league position and financial status that will be willing to take a chance on him next season.

Possibly Dundee United when they inevitably reach our level and have to do a clear out of their current bunch of overpaid wasters.

That was absolutely atrocious.

Never seen such dire Football.

How we won that I'll never know.

The whole place needs gutted .

Miracle worker needed.

We won because the opposition were worse than us. Don't feel bad about it, enjoy your team winning :-)

We won because the opposition were worse than us. Don't feel bad about it, enjoy your team winning :-)

This.

I wasn't particularly pleased with our performance, but winning is what it's all about, and compared to our previous manager's tenure we're in a far better position.