Livingston V St Mirren (19/3/16)

Wasn't the greatest of games in terms of quality , but the result was all important .

To well taken goals from Shankland . The 2nd especially showed great technique .

Would love to keep a hold of him for next season , but unfortunately can't see it .

As i said on the way home from the game, three points - job done!

I would be interested on the thoughts of those who regularly attend regarding how our defence through to midfield perform each week. Reason i ask is that yesterday there was no real set-up or evidence of a midfield.

Why doesvRae persist in playing Agnew, only to hook him after we have been carved open and conceeded at least two??? He adds nothing going forward, and regularly contributes to goals conceeded and general bomb-scare play with his pass backs.

As seen last season Mallan is only effective in open play when he is given the freedom to get firward offered by strong midfielders around him.

And this point I know will get some heated but please if you know something or can shine a light on it, why is Rae persisting in his policy of not playing Goodwin when the man would still probably win player of the year if he doesnt kick another ball this season?

I Was being a bit tongue in cheek when I first mentioned it, but the fact Rae picks, plays, hooks or sticks on for ten more fruitless minutes everyone on the books who ever played for sevco in some capacity.... But like his ill -fated predeccessor wont play our best,mmost influential and effective player... Goodwin!

Can someone please explain?

As i said on the way home from the game, three points - job done!

I would be interested on the thoughts of those who regularly attend regarding how our defence through to midfield perform each week. Reason i ask is that yesterday there was no real set-up or evidence of a midfield.

Why doesvRae persist in playing Agnew, only to hook him after we have been carved open and conceeded at least two??? He adds nothing going forward, and regularly contributes to goals conceeded and general bomb-scare play with his pass backs.

As seen last season Mallan is only effective in open play when he is given the freedom to get firward offered by strong midfielders around him.

And this point I know will get some heated but please if you know something or can shine a light on it, why is Rae persisting in his policy of not playing Goodwin when the man would still probably win player of the year if he doesnt kick another ball this season?

I Was being a bit tongue in cheek when I first mentioned it, but the fact Rae picks, plays, hooks or sticks on for ten more fruitless minutes everyone on the books who ever played for sevco in some capacity.... But like his ill -fated predeccessor wont play our best,mmost influential and effective player... Goodwin!

Can someone please explain?

Totally agree that without Rocco Quinn in the middle we are lightweight in the middle and it exposes our defence. I don't understand why we play both Mallan and Agnew in the middle they're creative but we lack a bit of dig.The midfield is crying out for Goodwin to replace Quinn. However I think that the gaffer wants him out for some reason or other and is setting up the team with players that are in his plans. Agnew got a 2 year deal. That's the only explanation I can think of.

A good day/night out.

Few beers just outside Edinburgh, dropped of at the game, few drinks, settled down and, apart from a poor crowd, enjoyed the basic football on show.

Sure we're not great but it was a good contest.

Pleased Shankland rattled in a couple, seen him 3 times this season and always believed if he got decent service he would score.

Back to Edinburgh for a wee celebration and home late.

Safe now, never thought 4th was achievable, just concentrate on building confidence.

A lot of interest in this game .

Maybe if some showed as much passion to the football , as opposed to where the board are going wrong ,

we might be doing a bit better than we are (MIGHT) .

Plenty of passion shown yesterday by many of the folk who think the board are going wrong, and i see them at almost every game. I don't know anyone who goes to our games and is not passionate. Do tell me though, who on earth goes to our games and doesn't care as much about the football as they do about complaining over board decisions. I think you'll find that the most passionate of our support will complain about poor decisions because they are very passionate about what happens at our club.

Would say we were definitely safe ,still got the finish above Morton thing to go for.

Cheers punk.gif now that our play off chances are fùcked I was looking for

a new reason to justify the journey up for the morton game.

Thats me chuffed tae fùck today, all I need is for shull tae

drag up some poor cùnts death to round off the day.

Can understand why Rae plays the 2 creative players (Agnew & Mallan) in the middle, he's obviously got a game plan in his head and needs the correct type of players to fit into that system.

I imagine come summer, he will know the areas he wants to strengthen - but at least by then, most of the players staying post summer will be comfortable with the system he wants to implement. Bring in 1 or 2 players who can play that role better than Agnew can, and we'll be a much stronger team for it next season.

Can understand why Rae plays the 2 creative players (Agnew & Mallan) in the middle, he's obviously got a game plan in his head and needs the correct type of players to fit into that system.

I imagine come summer, he will know the areas he wants to strengthen - but at least by then, most of the players staying post summer will be comfortable with the system he wants to implement. Bring in 1 or 2 players who can play that role better than Agnew can, and we'll be a much stronger team for it next season.

He might have a game plan but whatever it is why does he constantly pick Agnew, then hook him when the damage is done? It doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Just like Murray did before him, he has sidelined the best player we have, and it would seem in the abscence of any other reason for pure petulance yet again!

These ex sevconians really dont like Goody.

He might have a game plan but whatever it is why does he constantly pick Agnew, then hook him when the damage is done? It doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Just like Murray did before him, he has sidelined the best player we have, and it would seem in the abscence of any other reason for pure petulance yet again!

These ex sevconians really dont like Goody.

I quite like Goodwin but up until his injury we had won twice in the league while drawing four times and losing seven..........since then we have won seven, drawn three and lost eight. It could be argued we've done better since Goodwin was out of the team although a lot of those games were played after the manager changed.

I don't believe for a second that Goodwin not playing has anything to do with who our managers formerly played with and lets not forget he was also removed from the coaching set-up previous to any of those managers turning up.

I quite like Goodwin but up until his injury we had won twice in the league while drawing four times and losing seven..........since then we have won seven, drawn three and lost eight. It could be argued we've done better since Goodwin was out of the team although a lot of those games were played after the manager changed.

I don't believe for a second that Goodwin not playing has anything to do with who our managers formerly played with and lets not forget he was also removed from the coaching set-up previous to any of those managers turning up.

^^^^^^^^^ This.

Let's not forget Goodwin was the target of considerable abuse when he WAS playing, although I've always thought he's an important player for us.

Results, as quoted above, are the ONLY thing that matters, especially as we were in with a shout of relegation.

My personal view on Goodwin doesn't matter, as with any other supporters, it's the mangers opinion that counts as as we're getting results it's easy to see who's point is winning any debate.

Wasn't the greatest of games in terms of quality , but the result was all important .

To well taken goals from Shankland . The 2nd especially showed great technique .

Would love to keep a hold of him for next season , but unfortunately can't see it .

There is a majority of fans on this forum that hate Shankland I knew that kid had something special in him and he showed it on Saturday. He has scored 8 goals now that's 13 points gained by him playing in the team.

The crowd were so encouraging must have been the sun shining in our end. The negatives ones stayed at home obviously was a great wee day out apart from getting trailed to that shopping centre next to the stadium cost me a fortune Mrs got me in a good mood.

Well done boys and lets see the same Tomorrow ball to strikers feet and we could get some more wonderful goals. And all the haters stay in and watch Coronation Street and let the real supporters enjoy their team good or bad.

Well done boys COYS.

Pardon, Agnew creative! I've got one or two players at Everton Boys Club who can play that role better than Agnew can.