Maximum Admission Price For Away Fans

shull

For the next 3 years in the English Premiership away fans will pay no more than £30 per match.

Still a rip off.

Hopefully up here in Scotland, it will be no more than a fiver for any Fan.

We are served shite football.

Edited by shull

There should be a maximum price for all fans be they home or away. Whilst shull's fiver idea is great in principle, in the real world I would say that in the league we currently play the maximum should be around £15.

There should be a maximum price for all fans be they home or away. Whilst shull's fiver idea is great in principle, in the real world I would say that in the league we currently play the maximum should be around £15.

agree £15 for an adult and £5 for a child would be about right for most folk ,that excludes shull who still lives in caveman prices ,reality these prices are fair for every supporter

It's easy for the EPL clubs to do this when consider see the size of their TV deal. Gate receipts make up a very small proportion of their income.

Meanwhile at our level, the tv deal we have is relative peanuts. The majority of a clubs income is gate receipts.

If you reduce prices from 20 to 15 you're cutting the gate receipt per punter by 25%. Will the amount of punters increase by 25% to make up the shortfall?

Unlikely, so the clubs are out of pocket. Then we become even less competitive when it comes to holding on to players or enticing players to come here.

Personally I think a cap of 20 would be reasonable for away fans at our level. I think its value for money, if I didn't I wouldn't pay it.

It's easy for the EPL clubs to do this when consider see the size of their TV deal. Gate receipts make up a very small proportion of their income.

Meanwhile at our level, the tv deal we have is relative peanuts. The majority of a clubs income is gate receipts.

If you reduce prices from 20 to 15 you're cutting the gate receipt per punter by 25%. Will the amount of punters increase by 25% to make up the shortfall?

Unlikely, so the clubs are out of pocket. Then we become even less competitive when it comes to holding on to players or enticing players to come here.

Personally I think a cap of 20 would be reasonable for away fans at our level. I think its value for money, if I didn't I wouldn't pay it.

Indeed.

The basic "sums" just don't add up to the simpletons.

The vast majority will pay, within reason, what is asked.

You have the biggest moaning cnut on the forum, Shull, who forks out every year for a season ticket, then moans like feck about it every season.

You have to ask, is it a real moan, or just moaning for the sake of moaning?

Indeed.

You have the biggest moaning cnut on the forum, Shull, who forks out every year for a season ticket, then moans like feck about it every season.

Do you have any evidence of that? How can you be sure that it's a "vast majority" without knowing how many potential customers have refused to pay what is asked whether they deem it within reason or not? I would have said that the "vast majority" of the 5.25m population of Scotland is not going to Scottish senior football matches every weekend. Or maybe, and I haven't done the sums here, maybe this is yet another example of a forum user believing that 9 people out of every 100 is the "vast majority" :rolleyes:

They obviously don't since it would actually take a 33% increase in attendance to make up for a 25% decrease in ticket price.

Feeling simple, FS? :)

Oh dear! Another belter from TC. :-D

Indeed.

I must be imagining all those empty seats at virtually every single ground in the country.

Leaving aside your hilariously bad grip of arithmetic, 20 quid for away fans is a great idea. If your idea was to maintain the situation where we have less than 500 away fans and no atmosphere at matches that is.

Do you really believe a significant reduction in entry would fill all these seats

Amongst other things yes of course.

We also need people running the game who actually have experience in filling arenas in other sports once considered to be dying on their arses.

What is NOT needed is the short sighted buffoonery and questionable arithmetic skills of the TC and FS comedy double act.

Edited by oaksoft

Leaving aside your hilariously bad grip of arithmetic, 20 quid for away fans is a great idea. If your idea was to maintain the situation where we have less than 500 away fans and no atmosphere at matches that is.

Any time I can't make it I struggle to give my season tickets away for feck all.....

Here's what football is up against.

But, as you don't get football, you don't have a clue. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Amongst other things yes of course.

We also need people running the game who actually have experience in filling arenas in other sports once considered to be dying on their arses.

What is NOT needed is the short sighted buffoonery and questionable arithmetic skills of the TC and FS comedy double act.

Not a fecking chance. 1eye.gif

You don't understand football, so your opinion doesn't count. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Just to clarify, I didn't say I agreed with the figures that TC posted, I agree with the view that reducing the entry fee would see no significant increase in attendance, therefore the clubs would be in a worse financial state.

Picking holes, and focusing, on an arithmetical error shows you have no real point to make.

As for an anecdotal story, your view is more in the realms of a fairy story.

I do hope this helps.

You quoted TC's post and then started yours with "Indeed.". Looks like you were agreeing with his whole post, seeing as you didn't highlight a a specific part if it.

As for your second sentence, you were either showing yourself to be a "simpleton" by agreeing with his %s or you knew he was wrong and you were calling TC a "simpleton". Which one was it? It doesn't matter to me, neither option is "wrong". :)

Splitting hairs.

You don't have a clue. ????