Mcginn And Mclean

Drew

Well deserved, just a pity it took them leaving us to get their call up.

Too much to hope we get more cash if they get a Scotland cap?

Anyone want to guess when there were last two former St Mirren players in the same Scotland squad? Not actually that long ago.

Charlie Adam and Craig Samson?

Well that was always going to happen? Tommy C, and Teale, basically killed their Saints careers. Great to see both reaching their potential. we have a habit to kill and stifle players ( Harkins, McGowan et al) But its good news and McGinn in particular may make it

Well that was always going to happen? Tommy C, and Teale, basically killed their Saints careers. Great to see both reaching their potential. we have a habit to kill and stifle players ( Harkins, McGowan et al) But its good news and McGinn in particular may make it

Tommy C and Teale killed McLeans Saints career? :lol:

The summer before that season McLean re-signed for us cause no one else was interested. The months between then and the end of January were his best in a Saints jersey by a mile, and he got his move to Aberdeen as a result. They didn't kill it at all, quite the opposite.

Good to see them getting called up incidentally. I would be surprised if either of them ever plays a competitive match for Scotland, but it's good that they're being given a chance in a friendly.

Yeah, although that wasn't who I was thinking of when I posed that question. Originally had Broadfoot and Iwelumo in mind.

Tommy C and Teale killed McLeans Saints career? lol.gif:

The summer before that season McLean re-signed for us cause no one else was interested. The months between then and the end of January were his best in a Saints jersey by a mile, and he got his move to Aberdeen as a result. They didn't kill it at all, quite the opposite.

Good to see them getting called up incidentally. I would be surprised if either of them ever plays a competitive match for Scotland, but it's good that they're being given a chance in a friendly.

Sorry TC, my bad. That's meant to read they killed their career with us

Teale MADE McLean's career. Teale in a stroke of genius pushed McLean further forward and allowed him to shoot from the edge of the 18 yard box instead of the half way line where Danny and TC played him. This led to an increase in goals, confidence and performance and his subsequent transfer. His last six months with us was the best of his time in the stripes.

I'm surprised to be honest. I would have thought there were a good number of midfielders ahead of both in the queue.

A number of rather odd selections. Tony Watt ahead of Jordan Rhodes and Ross McCormack who've both scored far more goals than Watt in the English Championship? Strange. Gordon Greer? Isn't he the poor man's Grant Hanley? wacko.png

A number of rather odd selections. Tony Watt ahead of Jordan Rhodes and Ross McCormack who've both scored far more goals than Watt in the English Championship? Strange. Gordon Greer? Isn't he the poor man's Grant Hanley? wacko.png

Greer is 35 now. Hardly one for the future. He wasn't that good when he could run back in his days at Clyde.

Mcormack has 18 goals and 7 assists in the Championship for a Fulham team who are 19th, what does he need to do to make the team.

He needs to be one of Strachans boys to get in the team. If your face doesn't fit you don't play.

It's no wonder this is the worst Scotland team in memory.

Yes, we finished 3rd under Levein.

Under Strachan we have finished 4th twice in a row.

You have to take into account the opposition rather than throw meaningless stats around.

If you'd watched all of the qualifying games you would see we are far from the worst Scottish team in memory, although some have short memories. whistling.gif

Teale MADE McLean's career. Teale in a stroke of genius pushed McLean further forward and allowed him to shoot from the edge of the 18 yard box instead of the half way line where Danny and TC played him. This led to an increase in goals, confidence and performance and his subsequent transfer. His last six months with us was the best of his time in the stripes.

Hold on let me pull myself off the floor- Teale / stroke of genius / in the same sentence how funny that is ha ha. Just like Teales "Aye I'II dae it" appointment, he also said I need a striker who fancies a shot.

St Mirren used to develop talent, we played McGinn out of position then stuck a spaer in his leg, McLean we made the new Charlie Adam, as in free role do what you want? And how many games did we win with that tactic... eh 3 out of 20.

FFS

You have to take into account the opposition rather than throw meaningless stats around.

If you'd watched all of the qualifying games you would see we are far from the worst Scottish team in memory, although some have short memories. whistling.gif

Meaningless stats like the position we finished in in the group?

That's the only stat that matters! :lol:

If we had finished 3rd under Strachan as we did under Levein maybe we wouldn't be sitting at home all summer when the rest of Europe has a party in France.

Strachan is an awful manager and needs punted post haste.

Meaningless stats like the position we finished in in the group?

That's the only stat that matters! lol.gif:

If we had finished 3rd under Strachan as we did under Levein maybe we wouldn't be sitting at home all summer when the rest of Europe has a party in France.

Strachan is an awful manager and needs punted post haste.

You're funny.

When Levein left (was punted) we were sitting at a mighty 72nd in the world rankings, Strachan has taken us to 34th, currently at 45th.

You don't know what you're talking about and obviously don't watch Scotland games.

How's them for stats. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You're funny.

When Levein left (was punted) we were sitting at a mighty 72nd in the world rankings, Strachan has taken us to 34th, currently at 45th.

You don't know what you're talking about and obviously don't watch Scotland games.

How's them for stats. :lol:lol:lol

They're stats TC won't like.