Mcginn And Mclean

Drew

Is there really a debate about whether Strachan or Levein produced the worst Scotland team in living memory? If so, can I have whatever it is you've used to wipe away any recollection of Berti Vogts?

Vogts team finished 2nd in their group behind Germany and his team beat Netherlands in the home leg of the play offs for the Euros 2004. During the qualification campaign he also managed Scotland to a very credible home draw v Germany. Vogts also inherited an extremely old squad from Craig Brown and had to build the National side from the ground back up. When he left after 2 years he handed over a very good side to Walter Smith. Strachan hasn't achieved anything like what Vogts achieved in his two years in charge.

In fact on checking - Strachans last 5 games in charge have seen Scotland draw with Ireland, lose to Georgia away and Germany at home , draw with Poland at home before finally beating the mighty Gibraltar in the final match. I quite like some of the stuff Strachan has said in terms of the context of Youth Development but as a National Coach he's failed to put his words into action and I'm struggling to see why there are so many Scots willing to defend his record.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Vogts team finished 2nd in their group behind Germany and his team beat Netherlands in the home leg of the play offs for the Euros 2004. During the qualification campaign he also managed Scotland to a very credible home draw v Germany. Vogts also inherited an extremely old squad from Craig Brown and had to build the National side from the ground back up. When he left after 2 years he handed over a very good side to Walter Smith. Strachan hasn't achieved anything like what Vogts achieved in his two years in charge.

oh ffs... if ever stats could be used to skew the reality!

Stuart... you know fine well that I try hard not to join the line of assassins you attract... but ffs... do you so readily forget the players who were capped under Vogts? Do you truly think that was a golden era for Scottish football? Should I call the nurse now or have you simply taken it too far in an attempt to be controversial? I truly hope so... medication can't counter that level of stupidity!

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You, conveniently missed out the return game with the Netherlands, an embarrassing 6-0 shagging.

He also left Scotland at their worst FIFA ranking ever.

Could you please tell us Vogts record over the 31 games he was in charge of?

I'll save you the time, he's got a 25% win record, Strachan currently on 48%...................

Really Stuart, this is pish, not sure if your at it or just being a dick.

Never mind, you did make me laugh. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

PS Vogts also lost an astounding 16 games from 31, that's some record right enough.

Edited by faraway saint

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You, conveniently missed out the return game with the Netherlands, an embarrassing 6-0 shagging.

He also left Scotland at their worst FIFA ranking ever.

Could you please tell us Vogts record over the 31 games he was in charge of?

I'll save you the time, he's got a 25% win record, Strachan currently on 48%...................

Really Stuart, this is pish, not sure if your at it or just being a dick.

Never mind, you did make me laugh. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

PS Vogts also lost an astounding 16 games from 31, that's some record right enough.

Strachans figures are conveniently boosted by wins against the mighty Gibralter yet if you look at competition only and ignore the friendlies the two managers win ratios are very similar despite Vogts side having come across much better competition.

Today Vogts is a technical advisor to Jurgen Klinsmann and his excellent US national side. Gordon Strachan will never achieve those heights in his career.

oh ffs... if ever stats could be used to skew the reality!

Stuart... you know fine well that I try hard not to join the line of assassins you attract... but ffs... do you so readily forget the players who were capped under Vogts? Do you truly think that was a golden era for Scottish football? Should I call the nurse now or have you simply taken it too far in an attempt to be controversial? I truly hope so... medication can't counter that level of stupidity!

Oh I do BinEK - only too well. Lee Wilkie FFS.....yet strangely it never felt as bad as it does today where Scott Brown is deemed a star turn, where Liam Bridcutt can get selected despite being utterly shit for Sunderland all season, and where Gordon Greer can be selected as squad captain at the age of 35 despite having only played one senior match in the last 3 months. I mean Tony Watt FFS - does he have some juice gossip on Strachan or what?

Strachans figures are conveniently boosted by wins against the mighty Gibralter yet if you look at competition only and ignore the friendlies the two managers win ratios are very similar despite Vogts side having come across much better competition.

Today Vogts is a technical advisor to Jurgen Klinsmann and his excellent US national side. Gordon Strachan will never achieve those heights in his career.

Away and don't talk a load of shite.

Cannie be arsed looking through all the teams both managers played but off the top of my head Strachan has played Germany, current world champions, twice, and played Gibralter twice, in competition.

You really try hard to be "controversial" or an arse at times.

Hard to tell if you really believe some of the shite you post or are close to a complete arsehole.

Ah why not.................here we go....................

Our Euro qualifying group when the magnificent Bertie was in charge was against Germany, (Lost/draw) Faroe Islands (Draw/won) lol.giflol.giflol.gif Iceland (won/won) and Lituania (lost/won)

You have the cheek to mention Gibralter when we drew with the fecking Faroe Islands? bangin.gif

The following World Cup qualifying games went like this...........Slovenia (draw) Norway (lost) Moldova (draw) and that was when Bertie was told to turn the lights out on the way out the fecking door. bye1.gif

Stuart, please, no fecking more, you are looking like a clown.

Again, thanks for the laugh. lol.gif