Stronger Team Now Available

With players returning to fitness, perhaps now we will see a far stronger team lining up against Livi and Raith in the coming weeks.

A strong selection suggestion could be :-

Langfield

Naismith Webster Irvine

Watson

Gow Mallan Goodwin Gallagher

Clarkson Thompson

Subs Stewart, Shankland, Gilks, Carswell, Cooper, Baird, McAllister (or Agnew)

I suspect there will be a few suggestions otherwise, but here is some of my logic behind this proposal.

Shankland needs a gee up and coming on as a sub is likely to make him hungrier to score and to be 1st choice.

Thompson's getting paid and not being used much - I think a good 45 - 60 minutes from him would be great for us and bad for the opposition. (We would hardly be quick up front, but more dangerous in the air and potentially better at laying it off for the midfield to strike)

Stewart and Baird are good back up for defensive changes although Naismith might be better playing an hour fitness wise at this time.

Better to have Gow on and let him do what he can to create, and maybe even score, then sub him if he runs out of steam or takes a knock.

Goodwin is the rock and additional leader we need in the middle of the park. Like Thompson, he is collecting good money and we are not utilising him. He will organise the midfield and add steel - something we have been lacking.

(I am assuming Quinn and Kelly are not available - if either were I'd have Quinn on the bench since he's missed a game and 2/3rd)

I think we really ought to have a serious go at Livingstone - last time it was awful - PAYBACK time awaits.

Edited by Sweeper07

You want to start a match with three guys that you know you are going to have to sub at some point? Doesn't leave much "wriggle room".

Yeah - you are spot on - that is the weakness in my suggestion above.

There is no guarantee they will all need substituted though and I am not sure if Naismith is at least a week or 2 short of fitness yet.

To be honest Stewart had a good game on Saturday also - so to minimise risk - He could be at LB and Irvine at RB.

There is no point is saying folk are not match fit, if they are not getting some match time. Question is whether it is better to give them a start or bring them on later.

Thommo has retired

AY - he was on the subs bench on Saturday - have I missed an announcement - OR are you speaking metaphorically?

I know he is nearly finished - but it would be better for everyone if he goes out with a goal or 3 - I think he still has it in him.