Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Proof if proof were needed that the BoD at SMFC do not give a damn about families, children, the fans of the future, or indeed giving disabled Saints fans an accessible viewing point out of the rain.

This BoD will take anyones money, from any source and stick two fingers up at the very people who finance this club...US!

We cant sell our stake in the club despite each putting in thousands over the years, so anyone still believe they are looking after the best interests of a community club?

Re -branded for money from the club most prosecuted by UEFA for sectarian, violent and disruptive supporters, now taking money from the club whose support are heard on TV every week blasting out sectarian, bigoted bile...

It is time to stop this, stop them, making our club look like a shameless, hollow money grabbing sham. How can they continue to emblazon the club website or publications with the strap lines "A Community Club' or the even now more cringeworthy 'One Town, One Team' (except where theres a chance of taking money from sectarian filled support of two clubs in Glasgow).

If there is any appetite to give a public show of the loss of faith we have in this out of touch board then I would suggest boycotting the home game before the Sevco one against Morton....

That will send a real message of how strongly the support feels at yet another betrayal they believe we will just roll over and take up the ronson, and also hit them in the only place they care about... In the gate receipts!

A full/big boycott of the Morton game will inflict a financial penalty that they will not be able to offset by their pandering to their best mates at Ibrox.

Its a big ask, it would be something that goes against the very reason we do what we do, but tell me what else would make them listen or change their ways? The Police Scotland guff is just them trying to cover up the big reddy of embarressment they should feel about this.

With a heavy heart I will not attend anymore home games this season, this lot have taken the piss and spat it back in our faces, question is are you just as they expect you to do, just take it..... Or are you going to mark their card?

Good luck selling what we now know are worthless family season tickets, for the family stand next season, I am sure your new customers from Govan will abide by the advisory notes on the reverse of the adverising hoardings. Oh and well done for managing to squeeze this kick in the baws to the support just in time for the third anniversary of St Mirren's Day.... You are not fit to represent this club.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Like others I thought Saintgaz was on the wind up when he started this thread.

I am now really quite angry and will not be attending this match.

I think we should mark our disgust in some way and I think this should be at the next home game -Raith - where we should have a mass exit ( unfortunate choice of words) .

I think the 77th minute would be appropriate as we would see most of the game and still make our views known.

Thoughts.....

Am I not correct in saying Rangers fans said previously that any future games involving trips to Paisley and Dingwall would be boycotted by them due to Gilmour and Mcgregor going public with their vote to deny Rangers to remain in SPL after their liquidation.

Like others I thought Saintgaz was on the wind up when he started this thread.

I am now really quite angry and will not be attending this match.

I think we should mark our disgust in some way and I think this should be at the next home game -Raith - where we should have a mass exit ( unfortunate choice of words) .

I think the 77th minute would be appropriate as we would see most of the game and still make our views known.

Thoughts.....

Not sure this would have any impact on the Board - possibly mildly embarrassing but only if their media chums pick up on it. Lord Pityme ' s suggestion about the Morton game would be a ball grabber. Edited by magnus

Am I not correct in saying Rangers fans said previously that any future games involving trips to Paisley and Dingwall would be boycotted by them due to Gilmour and Mcgregor going public with their vote to deny Rangers to remain in SPL after their liquidation.

They couldn't remain anywhere.

They died.

Yes, but that was fans of the former cub.

Can't see how the board will be able to offer me equivalent tickets elsewhere for children so I will be writing asking for a refund. Not holding my breath though. I feel this decision may backfire on board as it will further diminish goodwill and the value of their investment in club. I wish they would just give up their seats and allow fresh blood in.

Not sure this would have any impact on the Board - possibly mildly embarrassing but only if their media chums pick up on it. Lord Pityme ' s suggestion about the Morton game would be a ball grabber.

He only wants to boycott the Morton game to watch the Celtic v Rangers semi final.

Can't see how the board will be able to offer me equivalent tickets elsewhere for children so I will be writing asking for a refund. Not holding my breath though. I feel this decision may backfire on board as it will further diminish goodwill and the value of their investment in club. I wish they would just give up their seats and allow fresh blood in.

Agreed a refund should be on offer for family stand season ticket holders. Families sit in that section because it is a tame section for language etc. I don't feel other fans who do swear at football in west stand for example should be asked to change their behaviours either. They sit in that stand and are free to shout what they want. In family stand it is accepted there will be no such language and fans sitting there deal with it, find it hard myself sometimes as we have been all kinds of pish this season and last few. I don't know how the club will combat this and seems unfair to ask families to do it. General poor decision all round.

Firstly I can see the attraction in maximising revenue for what will almost certainly be a dead rubber game for us.

An extra 2000 fans in the South stand on the day could make a real tangible difference to our budget for next season.

I also think the chance of Rangers fans taking up home end tickets could potentially lead to trouble on the day, and whilst the club can't say that in print I assume that is what they mean by the "in consultation with police scotland".

HOWEVER.................

The statement that has been released today is very poor. If I was a South Stand season ticket holder I'd be more than a bit pissed off. It basically reads along the lines of "we're doing this whether you like it or not and you're probably too stupid to understand why".

There is also no mention of what is happening with W6 & W7, If they are selling those to Rangers too then the home fans really are being completely and utterly shafted.

I don't think this is one of the boards finer moments.

What a joke. South stand holds 1654 according to wikipedia so if it is full of rangers fans at £25 that’s £41350 extra money we’ll make. We could still in theory be in with a shot of 4th place yet we give up our ‘family’ stand to sectarian bigots and let them surround the park and take over home advantage for just over £40k.

Firstly I can see the attraction in maximising revenue for what will almost certainly be a dead rubber game for us.

An extra 2000 fans in the South stand on the day could make a real tangible difference to our budget for next season.

I also think the chance of Rangers fans taking up home end tickets could potentially lead to trouble on the day, and whilst the club can't say that in print I assume that is what they mean by the "in consultation with police scotland".

HOWEVER.................

The statement that has been released today is very poor. If I was a South Stand season ticket holder I'd be more than a bit pissed off. It basically reads along the lines of "we're doing this whether you like it or not and you're probably too stupid to understand why".

There is also no mention of what is happening with W6 & W7, If they are selling those to Rangers too then the home fans really are being completely and utterly shafted.

Div the income from an extra 2000 Rangers supporters will not offset the loss of goodwill from loyal Saints fans. The Board should look closely at the fall out from the Kilmarnock Board's sell out. Watching Saints is rarely a dead rubber as it's nearly always a roller coaster of emotion and it's never a dead rubber against this lot or the other cheek of that sectarian arse.

HOWEVER.................

I don't think there's any doubt that the away fans will be allocated the North Stand and W6 & W7 as normal, and that the South Stand is an added extra for them. I'll not be attending the game with my West Stand season ticket, as I can't imagine it'll be much fun either inside or outside the stadium on the day. Still, it'll be business as usual in the Boardroom.

If this isn't one of the board's finest moments, that'll go alongside the baffling decision to appoint Tommy Craig, and allowing another club's signage to go over the club shop.

It's hard to have pride in a club that doesn't seem to have any pride in itself (other than empty slogans).

If I was on the Fans Council and hadn't been consulted about this, I'd be pondering giving up my time to help the club.

And nobody has even touched on the lack of segregation outside the ground now!

I thought Police Scotland were intent in keeping rival supports apart?

If the mutant hoardes are at both ends of the stadium, what home support that is brave enough to turn up will be surrounded.

Parking?

I always park at the back of the South stand.

If I go, I will either have to walk past their support before and after the match... If I am lucky or unlucky enough to get parked there at all.

This decision has truly angered me.

I realise the family stand is usually sparsely populated when that lot visit.

Are the board too thick to realise that it is because of the poisonous atmosphete and that increasing the venom and hatred is like trying to put out a fire with petrol?

They will just blame it on the new CEO and Police Scotland.

Every post you have made on this thread is laying blame on the police. Can you explain why as I don't see how the police are to blame for a business decision made by the club.

If anything the police would be against the extra support coming to Paisley surely?

The club have likely contacted the police and informed them of their decision and that the police would have to get extra resources in at the club's expanse.

Really can't see how the police are at fault. The police don't have the right to cancel events due to who a person supports.

Genuine query btw as I may be missing something.