Rangers To Be Given South Stand

The business decision is sound mate, I don't think anyone disagrees that the club will make more money by doing this than by not doing it.

Had they explained the difference it might make to the club going forward then that might have helped persuade people that it was worth it.

They haven't though. They've basically said "the police made us do this so blame them". It's a pretty piss poor statement about something that was always going to piss off the most loyal St.Mirren fans.

Not sure where the blame the police angle is coming from. I read the statement as the board decided to give them the South Stand then consulted the police to see if this was OK for segregation, policing etc.

I haven't trawled through the entire thread so apologies if this has been brought up earlier.

Come the last game of the season, there is still a real possibility that this game may well be a decider as to whether we finish up in the bottom two of the Championship. I desperately hope that this isn't the case but it is a possibility. Would the board really be happy to give up any kind of home advantage we may have just for a few extra sheckles?

Not sure where the blame the police angle is coming from. I read the statement as the board decided to give them the South Stand then consulted the police to see if this was OK for segregation, policing etc.

"we have decided after careful consideration and consultation with Police Scotland, to allocate Rangers fans full access to the South Stand"

I read it the other way but see what you are saying bud. It's open to interpretation either way.

still cannot believe this decision by the board the loss on gates for rest of season will be down and season ticket sales will be down and for fans paying per game pricing at £20/22 for home games in championship is shocking no wonder gates are down board should have consulted with fans piss poor from Gilmour and co time for them to go as are dragging the club down and by no means are we safe we could need something to avoid last playoff place as have sold our soul to the new club from govan as we did celtic at start of season pissed right off

I was thinking back to pre-seating days. The entire Love Street end was cordoned off for OF fans at every visit. This sort of thing is nothing new.

Before they started officially giving them the Love Street end, it had already been happening unofficially for years anyway.

The best one was when it started chucking down with rain, and there was tannoy announcement asking us to move along a bit to let the Celtic fans from the Love Street end into the Northbank. laugh.png

Would it not be easier to give them W6,W7,North Stand and the two end sections of the Main Stand nearest the away end ,or do they not want the bigots near the Directors box or padded seats.The fact they would rather risk our fans safety to make a few £'s is a disgrace ,Shame on whoever came up with this idea.

Edited by linwood buddie

"we have decided after careful consideration and consultation with Police Scotland, to allocate Rangers fans full access to the South Stand"

I read it the other way but see what you are saying bud. It's open to interpretation either way.

Let's be clear here, the police don't run football clubs.

The board are 100% responsible for this decision. The club could quite easily have limited the away tickets to 2000 and the police would have been happy.

The board have created this problem for themselves. Season ticket holders should never have been allowed to reserve a seat then there's no issue. You'd simply reassign an area for families and let the rest fill the remainder of the stadium.

Season ticket holders get reserved seats at every stadium in the country.

I will not be spending any more money at St Mirren Park apart from my ST.No more scratch cards,no more merchandise,no coke from the refreshment bars.......nothing.I was also thinking of moving from the Flying Scot Airport Car Park over to the Stadium Car Park but I'll stay put.

The sooner the BOD are out of my Club the better.Yes they may have saved us from Reg many years ago but their many cock ups in the last few years make that meaningless.

CHASE YERSELL GILMOUR + CO.

Oh goody. Here's an open goal for me. How can I miss? I'm three yards out, the keeper is beaten, the balls trundling along the goal line, all I have to do is make contact.......so here's where I'm going to decide to pass up the opportunity and to let the ball roll away.

The board have made a rod for it's own back here with their crass stupidity and it all comes back - not to their desire to fleece this game for all the money they can get - but the one made much, much earlier where they allowed anyone purchasing a season ticket to reserve a seat. Had they not been so stupid in the first place then there wouldn't have been anywhere near this level of furore. If no-one had an allocated seat then all the board would have needed to do is to relocate the family section to the main stand and announce their arrangements for segregation. Job done.

Instead they've got themselves into a position where season ticket holders appear to have a belief that a particular seat belongs to them. That sitting in that seat is their entitlement. And that any attempt to relocate them - even to seats with a far better view of the pitch - is always going to be met with a huge amount of histrionics.

Because of the boards crass stupidity over seat reservation they've put themselves into a position where they should have "sold" this idea to those customers being decanted. I agree with Div and Stu - if the board had said any extra income from this match would be given immediately to funding the construction of a proper facility to cater for ALL wheelchair fans and to create a facility that would cater to those in the community who suffer from autism it would be an initiative that could have won great plaudits. Instead the ham fisted approach taken by the board has alienated just about every St Mirren fan who will rightly see it that the board have chosen the option to pick on the weakest and least vocal section (at least in a complaint sense) of the St Mirren support - the family section.

Typical St Mirren, huh!

I read that as the club pleading "I know this is a car crash waiting to happen but gonnae let us dae it? Eh? Eh? Eh? Gonnae, gonnae, gonnae?"

"And that any attempt to relocate them - even to seats with a far better view of the pitch - is always going to be met with a huge amount of histrionics."

Would argue against the better view due to season ticket holders in other stands it will be the corner of west or two in main stand and lower down. not the best view. also now that the rangers fans will be in both north and south. these corners might be areas for abuse received by rangers fans. Not complaining about abuse part of football, but is this a section where we should be housing the usual family section members with young children etc.?

"And that any attempt to relocate them - even to seats with a far better view of the pitch - is always going to be met with a huge amount of histrionics."

Would argue against the better view due to season ticket holders in other stands it will be the corner of west or two in main stand and lower down. not the best view. also now that the rangers fans will be in both north and south. these corners might be areas for abuse received by rangers fans. Not complaining about abuse part of football, but is this a section where we should be housing the usual family section members with young children etc.?

Any view along the side of the pitch is better than a view from behind the goal but you also aren't following my point. If you have no reserved seats those decanted could sit anywhere they wanted in the two remaining stands. You could put the family section right in the centre of the West Stand if you wanted because no-one would have reserved a seat.

There would have been a very easy/cynical way for the board to avoid the uproar.

Announce what they did this morning but add that the extra income will be ringfenced and used to provide first class facilities for disabled fans.

...Until they personally take the handbrake off their wheelchairs and hurl them down Greenhill Road to allow 20 wheelchair bound Sevco fans to take their place.

Any view along the side of the pitch is better than a view from behind the goal in

Bollocks.

Are you suggesting that the lowest rows, close to the corner flags are better than a higher position centrally behind the goal? FFS, that isn't even taking exposure to the elements into the equation.

Subjective, at best.

I wouldn't be going either, but it bothers me intensely. Its quite simple, really. Loyal, long-suffering St Mirren supporters are being treated like shite in order for the BoD to make a few extra quid from the most repellent supporters in the country. The fact that it is our so-called 'family stand' would be laughable if it wasn't so sickening.

I suggested a boycott earlier. I can't recall ever suggesting this, or supporting such a notion, but if ever the shower running our club needed a message driven home, it is now. That said, I suspect that that wouldn't give a flying f**k.

I can't say I feel as strongly as this as it has no direct impact on me but if I was a South Stand season ticket holder planning on going to the game I'd be pissed off.

Not criticising you or anyone for feeling as strongly as you do and I'm not supporting this decision made by the clubs either.

I just personally don't feel that strongly about it but do feel sympathy for anyone forced to move seat.

Bollocks.

Are you suggesting that the lowest rows, close to the corner flags are better than a higher position centrally behind the goal? FFS, that isn't even taking exposure to the elements into the equation.

Subjective, at best.

I wouldn't think so. I've sat in the North Stand at St Mirren Park and in a number of seats in the West and Main Stand. I'd prefer to sit in the Main Stand every time - even in a front row seat being hammered by the rain if it came to it. When Fitzpatrick said the same thing not one person took issue to it Drew. Watching football from the sidelines is far better than watching it from behind a goal. If it wasn't then TV companies would do all their coverage from two behind the goal cameras. :rolleyes: