Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Don't forget the new supporters bar. May as well let them put up their own HoF boards to cheer up Poz.

Sounds good. Three players per board. Anyone got good photos of Gascoigne, Laudrup and Baxter? Got to replace our own South Stand hall of fame panels with something more suitable to the BoDs guests.

I wouldn't think so. I've sat in the North Stand at St Mirren Park and in a number of seats in the West and Main Stand. I'd prefer to sit in the Main Stand every time - even in a front row seat being hammered by the rain if it came to it. When Fitzpatrick said the same thing not one person took issue to it Drew. Watching football from the sidelines is far better than watching it from behind a goal. If it wasn't then TV companies would do all their coverage from two behind the goal cameras. :rolleyes:

Ah well, you, me and Tony Fitz will have to agree to disagree.

I wouldn't think so. I've sat in the North Stand at St Mirren Park and in a number of seats in the West and Main Stand. I'd prefer to sit in the Main Stand every time - even in a front row seat being hammered by the rain if it came to it. When Fitzpatrick said the same thing not one person took issue to it Drew. Watching football from the sidelines is far better than watching it from behind a goal. If it wasn't then TV companies would do all their coverage from two behind the goal cameras. :rolleyes:

Better get Liverpool to move the Kop then.

Personal preference.

You are old enough to remember fans swapping ends at half time to stand behind the goals... Did they do that because given free choice, they preferred an inferior view?

I agree with unreserved seats... but stands are a different thing completely.

Which set of supporters will be stopped from exiting the match on the final whistle since Saints fans will encounter the opposition now whichever way they leave the West stand?

Ah well, you, me and Tony Fitz will have to agree to disagree.

Ok. It's not the first time that's happened.

Drew, be honest though. If it wasn't for the fact that you have a "reserved" seat would you have been the slightest bit bothered about the two behind the goal stands being handed over to away fans? Surely it's better for the stadium to be as close to capacity as possible. Isn't it?

Ok. It's not the first time that's happened.

Drew, be honest though. If it wasn't for the fact that you have a "reserved" seat would you have been the slightest bit bothered about the two behind the goal stands being handed over to away fans? Surely it's better for the stadium to be as close to capacity as possible. Isn't it?

Technical detail - I don't have a ST....

Personal preference.

You are old enough to remember fans swapping ends at half time to stand behind the goals... Did they do that because given free choice, they preferred an inferior view?

Which set of supporters will be stopped from exiting the match on the final whistle since Saints fans will encounter the opposition now whichever way they leave the West stand?

Exactly. Personal preference. I hate Accies stadium but the view is good behind that goal. Falkirk too when we took big supports there. Sometimes you cannae' wack a big Saints support behind the goal. Motherwell 2-3 game? Brilliant.

Dicko also needs to accept that the seats ARE reserved, and many people like having a reserved seat. He can mump his gums all day long about a Utopia of unreserved and unsegregated stadiums and it means Jack Shit. It ain't happening pal. Nae' luck.

Edited by pozbaird

I can't say I feel as strongly as this as it has no direct impact on me but if I was a South Stand season ticket holder planning on going to the game I'd be pissed off.

Not criticising you or anyone for feeling as strongly as you do and I'm not supporting this decision made by the clubs either.

I just personally don't feel that strongly about it but do feel sympathy for anyone forced to move seat.

I think its more to do that we have to go cap in hand to these taxdodgingbilldodgingEBTbluepishflappricks FC

Dunno what happened there. I must have posted before I finished my point.....

Yeah they do - and it;s f**king stupid. It's a practice that really should stop.

Yeah you've said that a few times.

So what you're doing is berating St.Mirren for being "f**king stupid" for doing something that all the other 133 senior clubs North & South of the border do?

Call me mad but maybe, just maybe, you are the one who is "f**king stupid"?

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

Email message -

The only stand we have freed up is the family stand for the following reasons, please remember the guys on the Board are trying to do their best for the club as a total entity.

1. We only have just over 200 actual paying Season Ticket Holders in that stand.

2. The actual numbers of these that actually attend Celtic and Rangers games is very low as well.

3. They have all been offered other tickets in either the Main Stand or West Stand for this Match.

4. Given the low numbers of our support in this stand it was anticipated that many Rangers Supporters would try and purchase tickets for this stand, so on a security basis it was best to have our supporters in our stands with fellow St Mirren supporters.

5. It is really important that we try to give Alex Rae the best budget we can to try to get us back into the top league and this is at least another player if not 2 for next season.

I trust from my transparency and quick answer to your e mail you will see the Board are acting in the best interests of the club as a whole.

I look forward to your continued support of our team

Regards

Stewart

And nobody has even touched on the lack of segregation outside the ground now!

I thought Police Scotland were intent in keeping rival supports apart?

If the mutant hoardes are at both ends of the stadium, what home support that is brave enough to turn up will be surrounded.

Parking?

I always park at the back of the South stand.

If I go, I will either have to walk past their support before and after the match... If I am lucky or unlucky enough to get parked there at all.

This decision has truly angered me.

I realise the family stand is usually sparsely populated when that lot visit.

Are the board too thick to realise that it is because of the poisonous atmosphete and that increasing the venom and hatred is like trying to put out a fire with petrol?

Don't think I will attend that day,I have parkinsons and the thought of getting through the hordes would make my symptoms unbearable. Would be in serious danger of collapse.In fact next season I will be applying for a disabled ticket as I need someone with me as a carer

I personally don't have a big issue with this but that's just my opinion on the matter. I don't have a season ticket in the south stand so it doesn't directly affect me.

The flipside could be that 500 rangers fans buy tickets for the south stand and it all kicks off in front of families. Would people be blaming the club then for selling tickets to non st mirren fans for the home end?

Would it be the same public outcry if Falkirk or Hibs were coming to town and the club thought they could sell 4000 tickets to them?

The board are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Just my opinion.

I personally don't have a big issue with this but that's just my opinion on the matter. I don't have a season ticket in the south stand so it doesn't directly affect me but I wouldn't think moving to West stand would upset me.

The flipside could be that 500 rangers fans buy tickets for the south stand and it all kicks off in front of families. Would people be blaming the club then for selling tickets to non st mirren fans for the home end?

Would it be the same public outcry if Falkirk or Hibs were coming to town and the club thought they could sell 4000 tickets to them?

Just my opinion.

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

Email message -

The only stand we have freed up is the family stand for the following reasons, please remember the guys on the Board are trying to do their best for the club as a total entity.

1. We only have just over 200 actual paying Season Ticket Holders in that stand.

2. The actual numbers of these that actually attend Celtic and Rangers games is very low as well.

3. They have all been offered other tickets in either the Main Stand or West Stand for this Match.

4. Given the low numbers of our support in this stand it was anticipated that many Rangers Supporters would try and purchase tickets for this stand, so on a security basis it was best to have our supporters in our stands with fellow St Mirren supporters.

5. It is really important that we try to give Alex Rae the best budget we can to try to get us back into the top league and this is at least another player if not 2 for next season.

I trust from my transparency and quick answer to your e mail you will see the Board are acting in the best interests of the club as a whole.

Regards

Stewart

Would have been good to have these points made in the original statement though.

Personal preference.

I'd presume the "Rangers" fans will stay behind Brian since they'll be the ones wanting to have a bit of a party. But regardless, how do you segregate fans of both clubs in the approach to and from the stadium? "Rangers" fans will have just as much right to use the car park and the pavements and parking spots outside the stadium as anyone else.

I remember the swapping of ends Brian but most fans didn't stand behind the goal they went round into the covered areas under the shed. You did so so you could watch your team attack. Good times, happy memories. Ofcourse if you went back to those days of no segregation there'd be even less of an furore regarding where Rangers fans sat.

I personally don't have a big issue with this but that's just my opinion on the matter. I don't have a season ticket in the south stand so it doesn't directly affect me.

Just my opinion.

Too much common sense in this post.

Where's the seething outrage?

Exactly. Personal preference. I hate Accies stadium but the view is good behind that goal. Falkirk too when we took big supports there. Sometimes you cannae' wack a big Saints support behind the goal. Motherwell 2-3 game? Brilliant.

Dicko also needs to accept that the seats ARE reserved, and many people like having a reserved seat. He can mump his gums all day long about a Utopia of unreserved and unsegregated stadiums and it means Jack Shit. It ain't happening pal. Nae' luck.

You're probably right Poz, but in that case fans are culpable in this whole unholy mess. The board have clearly f**ked up in their PR but the fans appear to have assumed an unreasonable position of wanting to reserve huge areas of empty seats denying other customers the opportunity to pay to watch a game of football.

Oh and I enjoy New Douglas Park too, but the best seating position by far is as close as possible to the centre line in the Hamilton Accies end.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Thought this was on the cards as soon as it was posted as a mere suggestion on here, there is potential for trouble at both ends of the ground now.

With our league position uncertain, we could possibly be needing a home win or draw in this game, so to allow the opposition the chance to maximise their support and deny our fans the chance to turn up and cheer us on is absolutely baffling, their is no excuse that is acceptable for the contempt shown to our fans in this.

It is a complete "we are doing it and we do not care what you think" decision.

Fans Council

Email message -

Regards

Stewart

I can smell the shite fae' Cumbernauld.

Edit to add: Here we have the Fan Council trying to ask the BoD to possibly be consulted in future regarding such prickly issues, and offering to help in the communication and understanding before such statements are released in future. The Fan Council would also have liked to have been included in this particular discussion... FFS. One of the biggest stated aims of the Fan Council was to aid the communication channels between the club and supporters, yet the BoD don't even give them a heads-up before this latest fcuk-up. Anyone would think the BoD saw the Fan Council as a way to get other folk to come up with some decent ideas such as golf days, seeing as how they couldn't be arsed coming up with any.

Edit again: I feel for the guys on the Fan Council. I know a couple personally. How the fcuk can they aid communication between club and fans when they are being excluded themselves!? Must be like battering your fcuking head against a brick wall that Fan Council gig.

Edited by pozbaird

Fans Council

Email message -

Regards

Stewart

Point 1, 2, 3 & 4 contradicts what we do all season and it all boils down to point 5.

Saints fans with saints fans?

Why not have the West Stand open for home fans only?

Only 200 South Stand season ticket holders and a half empty west stand. Why not try and fill them on days like QOTS on Saturday instead of the away end.

Already said I'm not that bothered about giving the South Stand to Sevco but I can't get my head round some of the decision making.

If they're were really that concerned and wanted to prevent Swvco fans entering the home end they could easily restrict ticket sales to people who registered before a certain date. This is the procedure down south and I'm sure our online ticket system could cope with that.

Edited by davidg