Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Point 1, 2, 3 & 4 contradicts what we do all season and it all boils down to point 5.

Saints fans with saints fans?

Why not have the Weat Stand open for home fans only?

Only 200 South Stand season ticket holders and a half empty west stand. Why not try and fill them on days like Saturday instead of the away end.

Already said I'm not that bothered about giving the South Stand the Sevco but I can't get my head round some of the decision making.

If they're were really that concerned and wanted to prevent Swvco fans entering the home end they could easily restrict ticket sales to people who registered before a certain date. This is the procedure down south and I'm sure our online ticket system could cope with that.

Is point 4 not the responsibility of the club not to sell tickets for the home sections to away fans?

I'd presume the "Rangers" fans will stay behind Brian since they'll be the ones wanting to have a bit of a party. But regardless, how do you segregate fans of both clubs in the approach to and from the stadium? "Rangers" fans will have just as much right to use the car park and the pavements and parking spots outside the stadium as anyone else.

I remember the swapping of ends Brian but most fans didn't stand behind the goal they went round into the covered areas under the shed. You did so so you could watch your team attack. Good times, happy memories. Ofcourse if you went back to those days of no segregation there'd be even less of an furore regarding where Rangers fans sat.

We aren't going back to the days of no segregation. How many fcuking times?

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

Email message -

The only stand we have freed up is the family stand for the following reasons, please remember the guys on the Board are trying to do their best for the club as a total entity.

1. We only have just over 200 actual paying Season Ticket Holders in that stand.

2. The actual numbers of these that actually attend Celtic and Rangers games is very low as well.

3. They have all been offered other tickets in either the Main Stand or West Stand for this Match.

4. Given the low numbers of our support in this stand it was anticipated that many Rangers Supporters would try and purchase tickets for this stand, so on a security basis it was best to have our supporters in our stands with fellow St Mirren supporters.

5. It is really important that we try to give Alex Rae the best budget we can to try to get us back into the top league and this is at least another player if not 2 for next season.

I trust from my transparency and quick answer to your e mail you will see the Board are acting in the best interests of the club as a whole.

I look forward to your continued support of our team

Regards

Stewart

That is complete tosh on a par with the Armageddon scaremongering.

What attempt was made to increase the Saints support for the game?

If the net additional income ultimately gets us a player, I reckon we will be lucky if it is one as useful as Mo Camara.

Ooohhh.... Bad fans... You might cost your own club a player... How can you be so selfish!

Stop the emotional blackmail Stewart and start actually caring about our club and our support once more.

I ask again... What attempt was made to increase our own support?

You managed it against Queen of the South... Why not again in a game that might matter.

If we fcuk up and end up doing a Hibs... In a playoff without a home support... Then you get what you deserve but the supporters don't!

Sanctamonius shite playing on the loyalty of supporters.

But thanks for taking the time to write it. We should be grateful!

That is complete tosh on a par with the Armageddon scaremongering.

What attempt was made to increase the Saints support for the game?

If the net additional income ultimately gets us a player, I reckon we will be lucky if it is one as useful as Mo Camara.

Ooohhh.... Bad fans... You might cost your own club a player... How can you be so selfish!

Stop the emotional blackmail Stewart and start actually caring about our club and our support once more.

I ask again... What attempt was made to increase our own support?

You managed it against Queen of the South... Why not again in a game that might matter.

If we fcuk up and end up doing a Hibs... In a playoff without a home support... Then you get what you deserve but the supporters don't!

Sanctamonius shite playing on the loyalty of supporters.

But thanks for taking the time to write it. We should be grateful!

If, and it's less than unlikely, this game means anything to us, surely there's plenty of time, and space, to drum up some home support?

Don't see this as a issue as there will be plenty of spaces for the board to fill up.

Better get Liverpool to move the Kop then.

In fairness if we were regularly packing out the Family Stand this wouldn't be an issue.

We are not.

It's usually fairly empty in there.

The board could have explicitly written that this was for money but TBH I would have thought that anyone with half a brain would have been able to realise that this would cover a decent players wage for next season and would welcome it given it's only one game and the very strong likelihood that this game will be meaningless to us.

Stuart is right about the season ticket holders "owning" seats.

Encouraging a sense of unreasonable entitlement amongst your customer base is a recipe for disaster as we are now seeing.

In fairness if we were regularly packing out the Family Stand this wouldn't be an issue.

We are not.

The board could have explicitly written that this was for money but TBH I would have thought that anyone with half a brain would have been able to realise that this would cover a decent players wage for next season and would welcome it given it's only one game and the very strong likelihood that this game will be meaningless to us.

Encouraging a sense of unreasonable entitlement amongst your customer base is a recipe for disaster as we are now seeing.

There's also a fair chance that this game could see us still in with a sniff of fourth, or embroiled in a trouser troubling tussle with Livvy.

We are not.

Unreasonable entitlement? To watch what you've paid for in the seat you selected. Oh aye, stupid fans.

"We hate having them in the boardroom...but they'll be back with the attitude of being able to do just what they want."

How prophetic you were Stewart. Although, you did miss out the part about inviting them in quite so readily.

The Rangers gloat has begun. "Some clubs can't fill a dug out. Rangers quite simply are Scottish football. Ready." A view shared by our Chairman.

I'm not normally bothered by the our support is bigger than your support pish but this money at all costs move is completely embarrassing. Let's hope that we are as safe from relegation as the BoD seem to think and the team doesn't need it's 12th man. Possibly the most stupid and short sighted 35 grand the Board has earned.

I've had a ST for years, but I'm waiting to see who the appoint as manager, who the playing staff will be, not paying up front for the BOD to make the same mistakes as they did this season. TBH won't really be struggling to get a ticket, pay per game this season.

Are we really surprised at our BOD doing this? I'm not, think I'll be giving this one a miss plus think I'll be giving my ST a miss next season too.

Get away. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

The only show in town blah blah

Our wee club blinded by bigot coin

They want more so we will give them more

I'm surprised we have held out for so long

Why change now?

Years of the Family Stand lying almost empty any time we played the gruesome twosome

Lets face it they aren't Family friendly as they act like animals outside the ground and getaway with it as the Police turn a blind eye to it

Different rules to different fans

They should have sold the season tickets for that stand with any games against them not included

Very few take their weans to their games away

The BOD doing their usual cack handed way of things

Point 4 in SGGs email hits it bang on the head, if we don't lie down and give them everything they want they will misbehave.

What a defeatist attitude and a reward for years of disgraceful behaviour from old firm fans.

That aside this could still be a very important game for us but that does not seem to part of the decision making process by the board.

If anyone believes that the extra money will allow a decent extra player (or two!) to come in then they need their head examined. If this pulls in an additional £30k after VAT and costs then the board will be doing well, that translates to a player on less than £20k basic by the time you take NI, pension costs, bonuses etc into account.

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

Email message -

The only stand we have freed up is the family stand for the following reasons, please remember the guys on the Board are trying to do their best for the club as a total entity.

1. We only have just over 200 actual paying Season Ticket Holders in that stand.

2. The actual numbers of these that actually attend Celtic and Rangers games is very low as well.

3. They have all been offered other tickets in either the Main Stand or West Stand for this Match.

4. Given the low numbers of our support in this stand it was anticipated that many Rangers Supporters would try and purchase tickets for this stand, so on a security basis it was best to have our supporters in our stands with fellow St Mirren supporters.

5. It is really important that we try to give Alex Rae the best budget we can to try to get us back into the top league and this is at least another player if not 2 for next season.

I trust from my transparency and quick answer to your e mail you will see the Board are acting in the best interests of the club as a whole.

Regards

Stewart

That's their opinion and they are entitled to it, I have emailed the club (pointless though it may be, as they did not reply to my last email) i have not had any reply from them as yet, they seem to pick and choose who to reply to these days, going by the fact that you have had such a quick response i would expect the same.

What will stop opposition fans from buying tickets in any area of the ground never mind the south stand, are they all going to just buy tickets for the south stand - very thoughtful of them if that was their intention. But in reality they will not be so thoughtful and that reason given by Mr Gilmour is as poor as the decision to sell out to them in the first place.

I read Mr Gilmours email and took the meaning of each of the points as follows,

Synopsis We have only freed up another stand that now equates to now just under half the stadium. Ohh BTW it our club we will do what we want. = CASH

Means – We picked the path of least resistance to hand over the stadium. = CASH

Synopsis We don’t understand why families don’t come along to a family atmosphere when the old firm are in town nor do we intent to do anything about it to improve the environment.

You’re welcome to the ground anytime when the big boys are not playing. = CASH IN

Synopsis We have absolved our moral responsibility by offering them a seat that they did not want in the first place when they handed over their hundreds of pounds at the start of the season. = Moral issued sorted, more CASH

Synopsis Rather than ask the police and security to do what they are paid for and keep the fans safe we are asking St Mirren fans to give up sitting with their fellow SMFC fans and sit elsewhere with their other fellow St Mirren fans to feel safe = Safety issue, CASH

Synopsis We are happy to prostitute ourselves for any source of income under the guise that it’s for your benefit. = Its for the greater good, CASH GRAB

Synopsis hope you can see from my explanation that we had no intention of engaging with the fans and merely decided to make a quick buck rather than look at the wider business ramifications.

Synopsis – We treat you as a fan and not a customer because we know you will keep coming back.

We have always been skint and never sold out so why now and not before, and will it happen again ? I expect when the begging letters come out at the end of the season they will be a note saying the BOD have the right to move you to an other stand if they deem it for the good of the club. Or maybe it was the manager who suggested it to make him feel more at home whistling.gif

The supporter who received Gilmour's email has effectively been patted on the head and told to run along now.

Could it have had a more patronising tone?

For once, it would be good to hear him acknowledge that they might have miscalculated things, could have opted for a better approach, or would have been better consulting first. Just once?

So why are you getting so worked up about it Drew?

The fact that you even have to ask this speaks volumes.

Guess what - I don't always operate on the basis that everything has to be about me.

You should try it sometime. You might be surprised to find that it can be quite rewarding.

One last thing though. The amount of abuse given to Rangers fans on this thread is , in my estimation, well over the top. They are fans, same as us, who are there to support their team and quite frankly if I was one of them I would also feel like boycotting a team who regularly increase the entry price to take advantage of a large travelling support.

No they are not.