Rangers To Be Given South Stand

SG to rest of board: 'Listen guys, with the flak we took over the Sellik shop sign, before we go breenging in here with taking it up the arse for the other half, I think we should run this past the Fan Council first, see if they can sweeten up the keyboard warriors and soften the language, what do you all think?'

Board: 'What's the Fan Council?'

SG: 'Christ almighty, the group we set up to ease the flow of communication between us and them, you know, the knickerwetters'.

Board: 'I thought they were for golf days and bands in tents in the car park'.

SG: 'No, no, no, fcuk sake guys. Wake up.'

Board: 'Are they going to put loans in to fund our mistakes? Like f**k...so, why ask them?'

SG: 'Now now Bryan...'

Board: 'Rangers get the South Stand, sorted! We really don't see the problem, it's our club. Let them spend the 20th, wait 30th maybe, wringing their pants out.'

SG: 'Right, let's get Fitzpatsy in to go over the plan.'

Never thought I would see the day when I would be considering if / if not I buy a season ticket next year. Not just this PR disaster but seem to remember 5 or 6 games moved away from 3pm Saturday to suit the TV. Some I could have stayed at home / in the pub and watched for free in the warm and dry ! Have not done the sums yet but it hardly makes sense any more. This after 40 years of season tickets. South stand shifting is a short term money grab with no thought of the feelings (especially of young fans). "Daddy why is the angry man in the orange shirt, waving a union flag in my seat ? What is a feenyin" ? Scottish football is in a state. Getting 2000 to 3000 at our home games but I hear there are 4000 going to Braehead to watch the Ice hockey and not at £22 a head either !

Customer care ??? I don't think so What other business would even consider moving loyal customers.

I have a lot of time for SG but I think he would be a bit annoyed to be asked to give up his seat for a Rangers director.

Maybe its time he gave up his seat on the board.

Board: 'Are they going to put loans in to fund our mistakes? Like f**k...so, why ask them?'

SG: 'Now now Bryan...'

Board: 'Rangers get the South Stand, sorted! We really don't see the problem, it's our club. Let them spend the 20th, wait 30th maybe, wringing their pants out.'

SG: 'Right, let's get Fitzpatsy in to go over the plan.'

To be fair i don't think Fitzy was in place when this idea first came up, this will have been planned for a long time, it just beggars belief that it has been set up before we know whether we need to get something from this game or not, i'm not buying the notion that the blue lot asked for more tickets - they don't make any money off our ticket sales so why would they ask for more ?

If you aren't interested in getting the yearly begging letter that will be hitting your doormat days after this monumental sellout where our board will turn the ground willingly into a sectarian cesspit, then email them just now and insist they remove your details from their customer contact list.

There's also a fair chance that this game could see us still in with a sniff of fourth, or embroiled in a trouser troubling tussle with Livvy.

No I dont think so. 4 th place is too far away realistically and it would take a catastrophic meltdown to be relegated now.

TBH if we were facing relegation then the extra money would certainly be needed for the following season.

No I dont think so. 4 th place is too far away realistically and it would take a catastrophic meltdown to be relegated now.

TBH if we were facing relegation then the extra money would certainly be needed for the following season.

Catastrophic meltdown? Are you aware of the current points gap between us and Livvy?

I've had a thought, can we rig the family stand up so, at random intervals, they have urine or hot bovril poured over them? Would give them a taste of what it's like for us going to ibrox.

If we do that I'll change my mind about going.

What a pish suggestion.

The sad thing is that boycotting this match will not give any message to the BoD whatsoever... in fact, it might help them as it will deal with the segregation issue.

I will be writing to the club to inform them that if this goes ahead, I will NOT be renewing two season tickets for the family stand for next season. Why should I when they no longer guarantee me access to the family stand?

Happy to move seats... but not stands to accommodate opposition support.

I will also be contacting Police Scotland to express serious concerns about the lack of segregation and resultant parking problems on the day caused by having their support at opposite ends of the stadium.

RAGING!

Dear Raging,

We've got your money. f**k you & f**k off.

We couldn't give a monkeys chuff how long you have supported the club and we certainly don't give a flying f**k when you've supported the club through thick & thin.

Have we told you yet, go f**k yourself.

Best Wishes

the board

Mystified that the Board could even contemplate this but then again, they took it up the shitter from Celtic in the preseason when they rebranded the stadium for a few dollars more.

I think the appropriate thing to do would be for as many season ticket holders to go to the game with those from the Family stand asking to be relocated into the main stand {for the inconvenience}.

Get into the stadium nice & early, make a lot of noise and the moment the match kicks off, walk out.

That would make a more meaningful statement of GIRFUY to The Board.

They read these forums don't they? Perhaps, the strength of feeling on this may persuade them they've f**ked up and they reserve the decision.

I said in some other thread when this kind of scenario was brought up, switch it to their ground, let as many of the cunts in as they like but St Mirren keeps the gate.

a f**king shower of shite.

Do you know, strangely, that's not the truth at all. I doubt they actually know who i am but I can't remember the last time I was at a game at any club where I didn't have at least one stranger trying to strike up some sort of conversation. It used to be a bit of an ongoing joke with my mates....if there was some sad loner anywhere at an event I'd draw them in. Even at the Scotland v Poland match a while back I had a Polish supporter I couldn't shake off. He didn't even have a ticket for a seat close by and he resisted loads of attempts by stewards to shift him to stay there too. At one point he was taking selfies with me and he had me talking on his phone to his wife

Well that is what happens when you look like the guy out of Little Britain.

Catastrophic meltdown? Are you aware of the current points gap between us and Livvy?

Yes. I am also aware we have 8 games left and Livi would need to win three more games than us.

I am also aware that in our last 8 games we have taken 13 points with no sign of us appearing to do anything much different than that in the final 8.

That would leave Livi needing 20 to catch us from 24.

Even if Livi do well and take 15 points, we would still only need 3 more wins to be safe.

I am pretty confident the arent enough games for an Alex Rae Saints to collapse like that.

What a hilarious thread!!lol.gif You would think the board were going to kill the second born of every St Mirren supporter!!! Get a life guys FFS. Even a suggestion the hopeless fans council should have got involved. lol.gif I would admit St Mirren's PR has been non existent for years and this could have been handled a bit better but take a deep breath count to ten and realise no one has died. The over reaction from the usual suspects is embarrassing. If ever there was a thread to suggest fans should not be involved in the running of a football cub this is it. One even suggesting this game may be important cause we an still finish 4th!! lol.gif What planet are some of you on!!

To me this is the best solution as Rangers fans would have bought tickets for the family stand in large numbers. Moving ST holders(a few dozen at best) and the Panda club into the Main Stand where the vast majority will be St Mirren fans seems perfectly sensible to me.

Is what the club doing legal ? Surely when the fan pay his money up front and the club give him/her a card with a seat number, row number and a specific stand would not mean they have entered into a contract and the club would not be allowed to resell that seat again ?

Sorry but I am also in the camp of finding these BOD communications (and corrections/clarifications) both condescending and patronising,

Hate the often used standard line 'but that could be another player for next season". Such short term thinking. What like Ball, Marwood and all the other duff players we have signed in recent times?

Think the Board have lost touch and should leave. As they can't sell it, just give it away to a fans trust or similar.

Is what the club doing legal ? Surely when the fan pay his money up front and the club give him/her a card with a seat number, row number and a specific stand would not mean they have entered into a contract and the club would not be allowed to resell that seat again ?

I have emailed them and asked for a proportionate refund on two seson tickets as they have changed the terms and conditions of our agreement without any consultation.

The club could have easily restricted ticket sales for the South stand to those on the database. Stewards and police throwing out **** who sneak in as well. Pressure from the blue vermin and we bend over!

Don't go giving the board a reason to look like the victims in this sellout. They are more than happy to shit over their own supporters without pressure from others.

[quote name="Mr Optimistic" post="1352498" timestamp="1458078476"

To me this is the best solution as Rangers fans would have bought tickets for the family stand in large numbers. Moving ST holders(a few dozen at best) and the Panda club into the Main Stand where the vast majority will be St Mirren fans seems perfectly sensible to me.

And what's to stop the blue mob from buying tickets for the other stands?