Rangers To Be Given South Stand

I hate what this club stands for old club and new , but personally I say - take their filthy lucre .

If it does as SG stated , improve our playing squad for next season , well I think it's worth putting up with .

I think you've got to look at the bigger picture here .

I hear you mate, but I think the handling and communication of the decision has been crass and without class.

Had the board chosen to at least consult with the fan groups on this (SMiSA & The Fan Council) they would at least have paid lip service to the supporters.

Had they chosen to outline the benefits of the decision to the fans (we're going to finance the new disabled platform, we're going to spend it on the dome etc) then we would have least have had SOME sort of positive in the statement to cling on to.

As it is they've rushed out a pretty poorly thought out statement that says it's happening, and hence we have this sort of reaction.

The comms from the club has been piss poor in the last few years. I totally appreciate the directors are fire fighting every day and have to do what's right for the club, but sometimes they don't do themselves any favours with the way they release information to the fans.

At the end of the day the fans are as important to the club as the directors. The young ones even more so. If you don't have fans you have no club. You just can't keep treating the fans as the arseholes that will come every week regardless of how many times they are shit on.

I hear you mate, but I think the handling and communication of the decision has been crass and without class.

Had the board chosen to at least consult with the fan groups on this (SMiSA & The Fan Council) they would at least have paid lip service to the supporters.

Had they chosen to outline the benefits of the decision to the fans (we're going to finance the new disabled platform, we're going to spend it on the dome etc) then we would have least have had SOME sort of positive in the statement to cling on to.

As it is they've rushed out a pretty poorly thought out statement that says it's happening, and hence we have this sort of reaction.

The comms from the club has been piss poor in the last few years. I totally appreciate the directors are fire fighting every day and have to do what's right for the club, but sometimes they don't do themselves any favours with the way they release information to the fans.

At the end of the day the fans are as important to the club as the directors. The young ones even more so. If you don't have fans you have no club. You just can't keep treating the fans as the arseholes that will come every week regardless of how many times they are shit on.

Unless you view tv income as more important than gate receipts, which is now the case at our club Div.

SG has chased the tv cash cow at every opportinity rather than try to build up the core support.

Fitzy wants to build up the support... But what chance does he have with a cash-cow chasing employer that will undetmine him at a heartbeat?

Fans council are taking a heck of a lot of flak on their facebook page, mainly for trying to defend this decision, they didn't make the decision so it's not fair to slate them, but they should not try and defend the decision to deny Panda club members and adults who sit in the south stand their normal seats, how many parents will have to tell their children they cannot go to this game because they will not be sitting together as a group in their normally safe environment ?

Stop trying to defend the indefensible, and just accept that after the extra police and steward costs there will not be a huge amount of money made and this decision is a slap in the face to SMFC fans young and old.

Quell surprise...

Go on smart arse.. Show me where I said I would buy Rangers fans a bovril?

I do believe the offer was open to fans of Hibs and the Doonhamers... somebody else too but not being a pedant like you I really can't be arsed looking back! Certainly NOT Rangers fans.

Jings... Not like you to selectively quote and inaccurately at that!

I didn't say you called for the scrapping of kids clubs.. More selective misquoting.

I said you are supporting the BoD in this decision which WILL affect the kids club.

Do me a favour though... If you cannot respond without fabrication and misquoting, hows about a dignified silence?

I promose not to shout about your sheer hypocrisy! Just this once.

You support kids attending matches.... And support the BoD in doing away with. Akids club and seating area for the last game of the season!

I hope I've quoted you accurately enough this time....:rolleyes:

As a kid, when you watched Scooby Doo, at the end, did you think old man Jenkins from the scary amusement park said 'I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that pesky reserved seating....

Again, can you please, please, in the name of fcuk, when mentioning for the one-millionth time that you 'voted down' Gilmour in the boardroom that night, why do you never ever mention the scenario we were asked to consider at the show of hands? Gilmour asked us if we would still refuse to 'go easy' on Rangers if it meant people working for St Mirren losing their jobs. This is the sole reason I reluctantly (and I suspect others there were in the same boat) changed their stance. We would change our view if it meant people we knew by name being made redundant.

You resolutely fail to mention this any time you paint yourself as some sort of unwavering hammer of the cheating h u n.

Utterly tedious fcuking bore.

Did I say I voted him down? If so I was wrong. I didn't vote him down. I was voted down by others in the room who had decided to back Gilmour in wanting to "go easy" on Rangers. You are right - he fudged the issue with his claims about clubs in administration and about redundancies. The STV website link I've provided shows he was still doing that long after the meeting. I believed and I expressed my belief that if you treat Rangers differently from how you've treated Gretna, Airdrieonians, and Third Lanark just because they've got a decent support and a bit of cash you'd be as well issuing the P45's straight away cause football in Scotland would have died that day. Fortunately there were loads of other people around Scotland with similar views to mine and they were able to influence their club Chairmen to do the right thing. They had the morality that was sorely lacking amongst many in Paisley that night. Thank f**k for Turnbull Hutton.

Did I say I voted him down? If so I was wrong. I didn't vote him down. I was voted down by others in the room who had decided to back Gilmour in wanting to "go easy" on Rangers. You are right - he fudged the issue with his claims about clubs in administration and about redundancies. The STV website link I've provided shows he was still doing that long after the meeting. I believed and I expressed my belief that if you treat Rangers differently from how you've treated Gretna, Airdrieonians, and Third Lanark just because they've got a decent support and a bit of cash you'd be as well issuing the P45's straight away cause football in Scotland would have died that day. Fortunately there were loads of other people around Scotland with similar views to mine and they were able to influence their club Chairmen to do the right thing. They had the morality that was sorely lacking amongst many in Paisley that night. Thank f**k for Turnbull Hutton.

More verbose deflection Stuart.

Nauseous repetition too.

You obviously are to be commended for your dignified silence in all the other points raised... even if you felt the need to prove me right with this rather silly quote which 100% vindicates what I said. Silly billy!

What other point Brian. I'm obviously not being hypocritical in any way - even though there would be an obvious benefit in me setting aside my beliefs just to be yet another person taking a kick at the board. I have been absolutely consistent, as ever and as a result you clearly believe I'm now backing the board - which is simply not true. The decision to allow as many people as possible in to a football match as possible is what I am supportive of. I have always been against segregation and the reservation of seats by season ticket holders. I've stated from the very first post I made on this topic that had there not been segregation and this absurd reservation of seats there would have been absolutely no issue. The board f**ked up years ago when they allowed season ticket holders to continue to reserve seats in the new stadium.

Sadly, too many St Mirren fans have been happy to forgive, forget and even completely rewrite history to cover for the many mistakes this board has made. Going on previous form I dare say that by July time when the season ticket begging letters are issued, some on here will claim that Gilmour was the St Mirren equivalent of General Custer trying to hold out from the Rangers hordes as they laid siege to the North Stand.

Thank f**k for Turnbull Hutton.

A genuine football man who unlike his compatriots at Killie, Aberdeen etc had the stones to stand up to them and their vile followers!

Scottish football could have done with a lot more like him, maybe if we had, we wouldn't still be stuck with the voting system and cartel that existed the day Rangers died and still exists to this day.

Context Stuart... You said "if segregation was scrapped"...

Not remotely connected to the example I gave.

Aye...i object to the addition of pies too.

Indeed, you've had enough bloody pies.

Get tae yir bed !!! lol.gifbye1.gif

As a kid, when you watched Scooby Doo, at the end, did you think old man Jenkins from the scary amusement park said 'I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that pesky reserved seating....

Again, can you please, please, in the name of fcuk, when mentioning for the one-millionth time that you 'voted down' Gilmour in the boardroom that night, why do you never ever mention the scenario we were asked to consider at the show of hands? Gilmour asked us if we would still refuse to 'go easy' on Rangers if it meant people working for St Mirren losing their jobs. This is the sole reason I reluctantly (and I suspect others there were in the same boat) changed their stance. We would change our view if it meant people we knew by name being made redundant.

You resolutely fail to mention this any time you paint yourself as some sort of unwavering hammer of the cheating h u n.

Utterly tedious fcuking bore.

And here we go again..

Yet more personal abuse and foul language.

Why isn't this guy banned from the forum?

I really don't get people who are saying it's good business.

I've got a shop, and the first rule is look after the people putting the money in the till. That would be like me cancelling or moving a clients appointment because another client spending more money wants in at the same time, even though the client spending more money is unlikely to visit again for a few years.

It's nothing like that at all. No St Mirren fan "appointment" is being moved or cancelled. They will still see the game at the same time, with arguably a better view. It's the equivalent of you moving a client to a different part of your shop and giving them exactly the same service at exactly the same time while fitting more clients in.

What's funny is that if you have a look at a few Rangers forums a lot are saying, F'k them... The trophy will be won by then.... Meaningless game... lets just have a party at Ibrox....

I'd laugh if they only got a few hundred Rangers fans in the South Stand.

What's funny is that if you have a look at a few Rangers forums a lot are saying, F'k them... The trophy will be won by then.... Meaningless game... lets just have a party at Ibrox....

I'd laugh if they only got a few hundred Rangers fans in the South Stand.

Imagine if it was only rangers fans who decided this was unacceptable and declined to buy tickets for the south stand?

How would that make us look?