Rangers To Be Given South Stand

A very large proportion of the Celtic and the new Ran£ers support are scum .

Always have been and probably always will be .

They are the lunatic fringe .

I thought we ll had made a stand against the tax dodgers, as in GTF to League 2. Now we give them a stand, as the BOD will decide its their last big pay day for a while

Well BOD why the fk did you appoint such Muppets, give no money and watch us slide out the top division.

Seems far to little way to late to buy in to their so called points.

They don't deserve us

I think you are mischief-making, here.

If you are content with the current standard of PR and communication from within the club, I fear you have very low standards. Its strikes me that this is what BinEK is getting at (though i wouldn't seek to speak for him).

No-one is under any illusions as to the requirement for the club to maximise revenue streams, but not at any cost - specifically when it has the effect of alienating a substantial number of its core financial contributors. That is simply poor business practice.

Not sure about substantial number Drew. Couple of dozen on here and how many of them are directly affected?

I thought we ll had made a stand against the tax dodgers, as in GTF to League 2. Now we give them a stand, as the BOD will decide its their last big pay day for a while

Well BOD why the fk did you appoint such Muppets, give no money and watch us slide out the top division.

Seems far to little way to late to buy in to their so called points.

They don't deserve us

Where they f**k do you get this shite?

St Mirren didn't make a stand against anyone. The only reason "Rangers" were forced to start from the bottom of the pile was because the Chairmen of many of our smallest, poorest and worst supported clubs were prepared to put their business interests and their reputations on the line to uphold justice and fair play in Scottish Football and they did so against the demands of shite hawks like Stuart Gilmour and Martin Johnston.

St Mirren were actually more lilly livered than most because when other club chairmen addressed their fans at meetings they were told in no uncertain terms to vote "Rangers" out of the top leagues, and to try setting up an SPL2 at their peril. At St Mirren we actually had fans that fell into line with the Chairmans wishes and who sent him off to the SPL meeting with a mandate from the support to keep Rangers in the top flight so long as it preserved the ticket office ladies job. Gilmour even had the temerity to phone the press from his foreign holiday to cast aspersions on the SFL Chairmen he claimed had lost their marbles and who were going to put at least 5 SPL clubs into administration with St Mirren "very likely to be the 6th"!

Gilmour should have been hunted, castigated, vilified, ridiculed, despised, and tormented over his ridiculous behaviour at that time as a representative of the club.....but no. Time and time again any critics were told that Gilmour was a safe pair of hands who had saved the club in it's hour of need and who should be trusted completely and absolutely - to appoint Tommy Craig, Gary Teale and Iain Murray as manager I guess. rolleyes.gif

It's utterly bizarre that a decision to upgrade the seats of 200 season ticket holders for one match has led to so much gnashing and wailing when the previous crimes of the board were allowed to pass. The board can resolve this complaint very easily. Announce to all season ticket holders that their seat reservations for the Rangers game have now been cancelled; that the Panda Club and family section will be moved to the centre areas of the Main Stand and the extra cash raised will be earmarked for the facilities for disabled fans.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Some fans need to wake the f**k up, yeah its not ideal giving them the extra seats, but read what Tony says. This is a chance to make a good few quid that will help bring in a couple of players for next year and will cover the wages. Look at the long term picture.

Why not just see it as an opportunity to stick it to 4k scum fans and get a result to ruin their day. But guys saying they won't be back (bullshit, Blah Blah Blah) isn't acceptable, it doesn't make you seem like more of a fan as your disgusted, it shows you don't particularly care for the long term goals that this could help us achieve

Some fans need to wake the f**k up, yeah its not ideal giving them the extra seats, but read what Tony says. This is a chance to make a good few quid that will help bring in a couple of players for next year and will cover the wages. Look at the long term picture.

Why not just see it as an opportunity to stick it to 4k scum fans and get a result to ruin their day. But guys saying they won't be back (bullshit, Blah Blah Blah) isn't acceptable, it doesn't make you seem like more of a fan as your disgusted, it shows you don't particularly care for the long term goals that this could help us achieve

Good few quid to help bring in a couple of players, cover the wages and help us achieve our long term goals? You do know we're talking about maybe 40k less associated added cost for accomodating an entirely new stand full of knuckledraggers?

The long term goal of the current incumbents who don't even have the decency to speak with the Fan Council is to get to fcuk out of Dodge.

Anyone annoyed by their actions, deciding to try writing to them, deciding to not go to this fixture, or contemplating their normally automatic ST renewals are perfectly within their rights to do so. I don't see anyone claiming their annoyance / outrage / mild irritation makes them an Uber-fan.

Look at the bigger picture? The likelihood is we won't be facing an ugly sister for many seasons to come. The bigger picture shouldn't be 35k or so from one game. The bigger picture should be not hacking off your core customer base, not treating your Fan Council like shite, and having more initiatives like the Bring a Buddie idea.

Edited by pozbaird

Good few quid to help bring in a couple of players, cover the wages and help us achieve our long term goals? You do know we're talking about maybe 40k less associated added cost for accomodating an entirely new stand full of knuckledraggers?

The long term goal of the current incumbents who don't even have the decency to speak with the Fan Council is to get to fcuk out of Dodge.

Anyone annoyed by their actions, deciding to try writing to them, deciding to not go to this fixture, or contemplating their normally automatic ST renewals are perfectly within their rights to do so. I don't see anyone claiming their annoyance / outrage / mild irritation makes them an Uber-fan.

Perfectly reasonable for those affected to ask for a partial refund on their season ticket purchase, if they don't want to move. Can't believe folk are having a go at fans annoyed at being punted from their seats.

I imagine the reaction would be much worse on here if the board gave up the entire west stand to visiting fans and rehoused season ticket holders in the south and main stands for the game.

Or it shows that we want to achieve better long term goals by looking after and building up our own support.

Can't speak for others... But I haven't said I won't be back.

I have said that I won't be putchasing 2 Season Tickets.

If you genuinely believe the net additional income from this match will fund a couple of players then I respectfully suggest that it is not others who need to "wake the f**k up"!

Perfectly reasonable for those affected to ask for a partial refund on their season ticket purchase, if they don't want to move. Can't believe folk are having a go at fans annoyed at being punted from their seats.

I imagine the reaction would be much worse on here if the board gave up the entire west stand to visiting fans and rehoused season ticket holders in the south and main stands for the game.

Indeed... The path of least resistance.

That move would actually have made a lot more sense and avoided the mixed crowds and reduced facilities for home fans!

Much worse? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

22 pages, mostly by 3 or 4 people right enough.

whistling.gif

Where they f**k do you get this shite?

St Mirren didn't make a stand against anyone. The only reason "Rangers" were forced to start from the bottom of the pile was because the Chairmen of many of our smallest, poorest and worst supported clubs were prepared to put their business interests and their reputations on the line to uphold justice and fair play in Scottish Football and they did so against the demands of shite hawks like Stuart Gilmour and Martin Johnston.

St Mirren were actually more lilly livered than most because when other club chairmen addressed their fans at meetings they were told in no uncertain terms to vote "Rangers" out of the top leagues, and to try setting up an SPL2 at their peril. At St Mirren we actually had fans that fell into line with the Chairmans wishes and who sent him off to the SPL meeting with a mandate from the support to keep Rangers in the top flight so long as it preserved the ticket office ladies job. Gilmour even had the temerity to phone the press from his foreign holiday to cast aspersions on the SFL Chairmen he claimed had lost their marbles and who were going to put at least 5 SPL clubs into administration with St Mirren "very likely to be the 6th"!

Gilmour should have been hunted, castigated, vilified, ridiculed, despised, and tormented over his ridiculous behaviour at that time as a representative of the club.....but no. Time and time again any critics were told that Gilmour was a safe pair of hands who had saved the club in it's hour of need and who should be trusted completely and absolutely - to appoint Tommy Craig, Gary Teale and Iain Murray as manager I guess. rolleyes.gif

It's utterly bizarre that a decision to upgrade the seats of 200 season ticket holders for one match has led to so much gnashing and wailing when the previous crimes of the board were allowed to pass. The board can resolve this complaint very easily. Announce to all season ticket holders that their seat reservations for the Rangers game have now been cancelled; that the Panda Club and family section will be moved to the centre areas of the Main Stand and the extra cash raised will be earmarked for the facilities for disabled fans.

Oh silly me....

I didn't realise the whole thing was about upgrading my seat!

Silly me... I am obviously easily pleased as for some selfish reason, I am perfectly as happy in the family stand... Where I chose to sit.

I am not precious about my seat... but I do quite like the family stand that I choose to sit in.

So how exactly is it an "upgrade"?

I'd have been happier had they given Sevco fans all four stands. Get their intentions clear and open from the off. Ker-fcuking-ching.

Look at the bigger picture? The likelihood is we won't be facing an ugly sister for many seasons to come. The bigger picture shouldn't be 35k or so from one game. The bigger picture should be not hacking off your core customer base, not treating your Fan Council like shite, and having more initiatives like the Bring a Buddie idea.

There is clearly a breakdown between board and fans council in your opinion which I accept as you will be more in the know than me.

Not sure about how much we will make from

This but if Tony says 60-70k then that's good money. Folk will forget all about the issue by the start of next season and will go back as following saints is what the 2500-3000 fans who go each week do regardless of circumstances.

What's the sense in having 2000 empty seats when we could fill them, yeah it would be great to fill them with buddies but it's not going to happen. 14k who went to hampden have vanished and if they were bothered to come we would me need to sell tickets to these morons

The sign was up for the duration of the match then removed thereafter.

It sticks on my craw.

I don't like it.

My Jambo mates are gaving a field day.

But know what? I'll takr the cash and the abuse if it saves jobs!

Screw the moral high ground when it doesn't affect MY employability!

Bottom line.. is it wrong to maximise our income?

We are the bitches of tv.

I have said for years that we shouldn't be dependent on tv cash.

How the hell can I legitimately criticise us for seeking revenue elsewhere?

Interesting points..................oh wait wrong thread.

Exactly what I've been saying .

If more people made an effort to come to home games , this wouldn't be happening .

I bet there's been a few on here complaining about this , who don't even turn up on a regular basis .

Indeed... The path of least resistance.

That move would actually have made a lot more sense and avoided the mixed crowds and reduced facilities for home fans!

The path of least resistance, unimaginative and lazy. The BoD could have tried harder to sell the game differently to Saints fans. Most of us enjoy the last home game of the season as we know it's often the last time we will see some players in the stripes. This year could be the last for Thommo and possibly Jim Goodwin. We could have organised a send off and brought back some of the Cup winning team. Repeat the bring a Bud deal. Also throw out a challenge to tell fans to turn up and outnumber the Rangers support. At least make an effort to engage with the fan base. Give a match token that knocks a tenner off a new season ticket. It's too easy to dismiss the disappointment felt by so many as knicker wetting.

Interesting points..................oh wait wrong thread.

Hiring the stadium to Celtic, the Scotland U21s, or indeed putting up that Celtic sign did not impact on a St Mirren fans' matchday experience, it didn't see season ticket holders and families moved without consultation, nor did it possibly help an opponent trying to defeat St Mirren by affording the opponent a raucous crowd behind both goals at what should be our home stadium.

So your point is?

Edited by pozbaird

Hiring the stadium to Celtic, the Scotland U21s, or indeed putting up that Celtic sign did not impact on a St Mirren fans matchday experience, nor did it possibly help an opposition trying to defeat St Mirren team during a game by affording the opponent a raucous crowd behind both goals.

So your point is?

This "impact" is minimal, unless you post the same thing about 30 times trying to make it any real impact at all.

Again, the helping the opposition is another overstatement, but as you and the rest of the girls love to create a drama when it suits I'll just sit back and chortle.

You, conveniently, fail to mention we are gaining financially out of this, which was stated in the two posts I quoted.

That's my point. bye1.gif

Hiring the stadium to Celtic, the Scotland U21s, or indeed putting up that Celtic sign did not impact on a St Mirren fans' matchday experience, it didn't see season ticket holders and families moved without consultation, nor did it possibly help an opponent trying to defeat St Mirren by affording the opponent a raucous crowd behind both goals at what should be our home stadium.

So your point is?

What he said.

He just helped show that I am fair minded and reasonable, happy for the club to generate cash from imaginative ways that to not exploit or negatively impact upon our own support.

This "impact" is minimal, unless you post the same thing about 30 times trying to make it any real impact at all.

Again, the helping the opposition is another overstatement, but as you and the rest of the girls love to create a drama when it suits I'll just sit back and chortle.

You, conveniently, fail to mention we are gaining financially out of this, which was stated in the two posts I quoted.

That's my point. :byebye

Fcuk me. You're the one trawling back another thread searching for a poster's quotes, and trying to compare two totally different situations and make that poster look bad somehow.

Get a fcuking grip.

The path of least resistance, unimaginative and lazy. The BoD could have tried harder to sell the game differently to Saints fans. Most of us enjoy the last home game of the season as we know it's often the last time we will see some players in the stripes. This year could be the last for Thommo and possibly Jim Goodwin. We could have organised a send off and brought back some of the Cup winning team. Repeat the bring a Bud deal. Also throw out a challenge to tell fans to turn up and outnumber the Rangers support. At least make an effort to engage with the fan base. Give a match token that knocks a tenner off a new season ticket. It's too easy to dismiss the disappointment felt by so many as knicker wetting.

Brilliant post.

Well said.

Exactly what I've been saying .

If more people made an effort to come to home games , this wouldn't be happening .

I bet there's been a few on here complaining about this , who don't even turn up on a regular basis .

I'm on here complaining and I don't even turn up at all!

And one of the reasons I have given up is because a new club called The Rangers was allowed to enter Scottish football!

Its all fixed!

Not sure about substantial number Drew. Couple of dozen on here and how many of them are directly affected?

Plenty of coverage on social media and in the online news, Jim. For a club of our size and operational base, this has been a relatively big deal, and has generated a fair bit of heat. I take this as some indication of the strength of reaction to the BoD's decision, and the manner in which they have handled the entire affair.

I'm no better placed than you to accurately gauge the overall fallout, but news travels fast - especially bad news, if this is how it spun - and mud sticks. None of this is good for the club, regardless of the numbers we might be talking about.

Since the club know the seat numbers of season ticket holders in the South Stand they could have ran another bring a Buddie day for the last game ,would probably have had a few more turning up as it was the last game of the season and still made a few quid extra ,although not nearly as much but still boosting the home support.