Rangers To Be Given South Stand

If or when our club is in our (the fans) hands we (the fans) will have some very tough decisions like the two involving the ugly sisters. Some will vote with their heart, others with their heads. Both are right if that's what you believe, but remember to respect your fellow fan and that's what I believe has been missing especially with this saga.

Now let's everyone pick up there dummies and play nicely. tongue.png

Feck off! tongue.png

A different tale from Tony to that of the board, "Rangers have not asked for more tickets" not what the board say Tony, also 1643 seats in the family stand, so roughly £33k from tickets at £20 a pop, that then has to be lowered by the extra police and security costs. Between you could you not just give the same story and get the figures right, no compensation offered at the outset, only after the shit hit the fan(s). It has all been very badly handled and while it may make some money, people are already stating they will not go back - false economy at best, loss of trust and support at worst

I actually feel for Tony here... You can tell the bits in the press release where he is speaking from the heart as a fan... and the bits where he is being used as a patsy and towing the party line.

2000 extra people in... generating 70k is how it is spun.

70k is total generated from all visiting fans and the stand holds just over 1, 600 which will be lucky to generate 30k.

Yet when he talks of not wanting to see others party in our ground; his instant reaction being no way; and wanting to see the stadium full of Saints fans you know he is sincere.

I actually feel for Tony here... You can tell the bits in the press release where he is speaking from the heart as a fan... and the bits where he is being used as a patsy and towing the party line.

2000 extra people in... generating 70k is how it is spun.

70k is total generated from all visiting fans and the stand holds just over 1, 600 which will be lucky to generate 30k.

Yet when he talks of not wanting to see others party in our ground; his instant reaction being no way; and wanting to see the stadium full of Saints fans you know he is sincere.

As much as I love Fitzy and respect him, he's the CEO of a professional football club now. He needs to be on the money with his information and something is wrong if the CEO and BoD cannae' even get their own stories straight.

Edited by pozbaird

30k extra just to shaft the fans. Some new CEO lol.

This because the bigots want extra tickets eh wait a minute are these the same bigots that said they would boycott our club cause we helped boot them down

The same bod who said they did not care if the blue bigots did boycott us cause it was only one stand.

We should give them the percentage of our ground as they give us which means they should get a total of 85 tickets even that is too generous

This is not true.

The BoD were arguing that the new club should be permitted direct entry to the then Division One, NOT the SPL.

That is what we were asked for a show of hands on. Both in the boardroom, and the subsequent stunt in the Main Stand.

St Mirren had no influence over the vote that the SFL Chairmen were about to take Drew. The meeting was taking place just days before Gilmour was due at Hampden Park to vote with the rest of the SPL Chairmen on whether or not to allow the new "Rangers" to continue to play in the SPL. That was what he was looking for a mandate for.

I took quite detailed notes that night Drew. The meeting was all about how the club would be f**ked without "Rangers" in the top flight. Gilmour claimed he wouldn't have resigned players for the coming season if he'd known Rangers were about to fold in March. Rangers went into administration on St Valentines Day. I challenged him on that one. Gilmour claimed that without a Rangers in the top flight there would be redundancies - not just players but staff, and not the staff you might assume because some of them were funded from grants. Gilmour then went on to talk about possible league reconstruction proposals including his bizarre favourite where the league split at Christmas and all the points were reset to zero. Then he moved on to talk about SFL Chairmen and their upcoming vote and how we shouldn't put any pressure on any of them. We were to leave them to make a free choice because one of them would have a heart attack if we didn't.

I didn't write down what the actual vote was for. So you might be right - maybe the show of hands was for something that St Mirren had no influence over. It certainly had the theme of bending the rules to allow Rangers an easy ride back to the top. Whatever. The sad fact is that history - until it keeps being rewritten on here by people who seem desperate to forget the sorry saga - was that St Mirren fans did not vote to put Rangers out of business, or to put Rangers down to the fourth tier. St Mirren, in the end, voted to give Rangers the easiest and quickest possible route back to the SPL and indeed this is borne out with Gilmours statements in the press immediately after the SFL vote where of course he did exactly what he told us all not to do by attempting to turn up the heat on SFL Chairmen and trying desperately to put them in the firing line of any angry Rangers hordes.

St Mirren had no influence over the vote that the SFL Chairmen were about to take Drew. The meeting was taking place just days before Gilmour was due at Hampden Park to vote with the rest of the SPL Chairmen on whether or not to allow the new "Rangers" to continue to play in the SPL. That was what he was looking for a mandate for.

I took quite detailed notes that night Drew. The meeting was all about how the club would be f**ked without "Rangers" in the top flight. Gilmour claimed he wouldn't have resigned players for the coming season if he'd known Rangers were about to fold in March. Rangers went into administration on St Valentines Day. I challenged him on that one. Gilmour claimed that without a Rangers in the top flight there would be redundancies - not just players but staff, and not the staff you might assume because some of them were funded from grants. Gilmour then went on to talk about possible league reconstruction proposals including his bizarre favourite where the league split at Christmas and all the points were reset to zero. Then he moved on to talk about SFL Chairmen and their upcoming vote and how we shouldn't put any pressure on any of them. We were to leave them to make a free choice because one of them would have a heart attack if we didn't.

I didn't write down what the actual vote was for. So you might be right - maybe the show of hands was for something that St Mirren had no influence over. It certainly had the theme of bending the rules to allow Rangers an easy ride back to the top. Whatever. The sad fact is that history - until it keeps being rewritten on here by people who seem desperate to forget the sorry saga - was that St Mirren fans did not vote to put Rangers out of business, or to put Rangers down to the fourth tier. St Mirren, in the end, voted to give Rangers the easiest and quickest possible route back to the SPL and indeed this is borne out with Gilmours statements in the press immediately after the SFL vote where of course he did exactly what he told us all not to do by attempting to turn up the heat on SFL Chairmen and trying desperately to put them in the firing line of any angry Rangers hordes.

Never mind all that... Tell us about those darn hand towels again.

Guest TPAFKATS

Where they f**k do you get this shite?

St Mirren didn't make a stand against anyone. The only reason "Rangers" were forced to start from the bottom of the pile was because the Chairmen of many of our smallest, poorest and worst supported clubs were prepared to put their business interests and their reputations on the line to uphold justice and fair play in Scottish Football and they did so against the demands of shite hawks like Stuart Gilmour and Martin Johnston.

Are you sure these Chairmen from the smallest, poorest and worst supported clubs put their business interests on the line?

Mibees they saw an opportunity to guarantee at least 2 visits from the sevco hordes and the filthy lucre that went with it?

I took quite detailed notes that night Drew.

I didn't write down what the actual vote was for.

You took quite detailed notes but failed to record the very reason you were there.

What notes were you taking.........milk,butter,loaf of bread,big roll and a kingsize mars bar

1600 × £25 = 40K. Minus vat of 8K and extra stewards cost, we will make around 30K from giving them the extra stand.

What about the costs of repairing the damaged seats and graffiti or do they still just send that bill to whichever club was involved and keep schtum about the damage ?

My own view is more about having sympathy for the Season ticket holders and people who would normally use that stand.

I would give them a voucher for 2 things as compensation ;

1) A pie & drink for this game

2) 1 home cup tie next season.

The masses that are allegedly going to boycott us wanting unprecedented demand ? Take their cash by all means , but not at any cost.ie upsetting our support.

That's a possibility but even better would be a minimal price for play off games if we're involved this season or next season, after all the west stand fans have been inconvenienced all season

Some fans need to wake the f**k up, yeah its not ideal giving them the extra seats, but read what Tony says. This is a chance to make a good few quid that will help bring in a couple of players for next year and will cover the wages. Look at the long term picture.

Why not just see it as an opportunity to stick it to 4k scum fans and get a result to ruin their day. But guys saying they won't be back (bullshit, Blah Blah Blah) isn't acceptable, it doesn't make you seem like more of a fan as your disgusted, it shows you don't particularly care for the long term goals that this could help us achieve

The whole issue is about the lack of communication from the club where even the 'fans council' didn't know about this. It's just the latest of a whole saga this season. The board might spend time fire fighting but how many fires have they started themselves due to a lack of PR

If or when our club is in our (the fans) hands we (the fans) will have some very tough decisions like the two involving the ugly sisters. Some will vote with their heart, others with their heads. Both are right if that's what you believe, but remember to respect your fellow fan and that's what I believe has been missing especially with this saga.

Now let's everyone pick up there dummies and play nicely. tongue.png

At least the fans involved will have all the relevant information, instead of being told what is happening with a take it or leave it attitude

Since the club know the seat numbers of season ticket holders in the South Stand they could have ran another bring a Buddie day for the last game ,would probably have had a few more turning up as it was the last game of the season and still made a few quid extra ,although not nearly as much but still boosting the home support.

I don't t see the problem here. Our support is poor and particularly against the old firm. Give rangers the seats take the cash and move on. Unbelievable this.

I backed the BOD's decision for the financial aspect, I don't like the way they have gone about it however.

I am about to completely go against the board now if what Ryan Robinson said on Twitter is true.

He stated that Fitzy has said that rangers have not even asked for extra tickets yet, if this is the case and the BOD are hoping they are asked, I hope that Rangers don't. This is totally farcical now and I am raging with this decision post-6677-14581612976447_thumb.jpg

I backed the BOD's decision for the financial aspect, I don't like the way they have gone about it however.

I am about to completely go against the board now if what Ryan Robinson said on Twitter is true.

He stated that Fitzy has said that rangers have not even asked for extra tickets yet, if this is the case and the BOD are hoping they are asked, I hope that Rangers don't. This is totally farcical now and I am raging with this decision ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1458161291.254732.jpg

It seems this is indeed what he has said today.

To be honest, I'm not sure that it materially changes anything. The whole situation is absolutely shambolic regardless.

So if the family stand supporters are to be relocated into main stand then they have to be getting placed at one or both ends of it as that's where the spaces are.

As we are giving Rangers both stands behind the goals , then no matter what, any kids going to the game will be next to the Rangers support and so will be

subjected to their vile and bigoted nonsense.

This idea was thought out by the club with it's own supporters in mind!! ??