Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Are you sure these Chairmen from the smallest, poorest and worst supported clubs put their business interests on the line?

Mibees they saw an opportunity to guarantee at least 2 visits from the sevco hordes and the filthy lucre that went with it?

Shite. You're right. How could I have missed that? How did I not notice the Chairman of Clyde or Albion Rovers or Cowdenbeath being solely reliant on their income from the massive dividends their football clubs pay out every year?

Sometimes I think you're just stupid then sometimes, like now, you prove you're utterly f**king clueless. :rolleyes:

You took quite detailed notes but failed to record the very reason you were there.

What notes were you taking.........milk,butter,loaf of bread,big roll and a kingsize mars bar

Erm the very reason I was there was to discuss the possible takeover of the club by 1000Hours. That was one of the topics Div had said would be discussed. I doubt I would have gone if I'd known the whole meeting would have been about the board trying to convince fans to bend the rules and to turn a blind eye to justice and fair play. I'm glad I went though....it gave me a chance to see up close and personal what kind of club I'd grown up supporting.

Guest TPAFKATS

Shite. You're right. How could I have missed that? How did I not notice the Chairman of Clyde or Albion Rovers or Cowdenbeath being solely reliant on their income from the massive dividends their football clubs pay out every year?

Sometimes I think you're just stupid then sometimes, like now, you prove you're utterly f**king clueless. :rolleyes:

Read my post again.

Digest it, try and understand what I said.

If you still have the same conclusion get a grown up to explain what I posted.

f**king clueless indeed

The segregation issue is still the most scary part of this whole issue, say we got a result against them, maybe a few bad incidents during the game.

How are police going to control it, Don't say keep the Rangers fans in, they would just jump into other stand and God knows what could happen then.

The thought of their fans coming at us from all side on the way out. I cannae run either. Nah I'll listen to the radio

Read my post again.

Digest it, try and understand what I said.

If you still have the same conclusion get a grown up to explain what I posted.

f**king clueless indeed

Read it,digested it and you're still a thick f**k. Rangers fans were boycotting everything they thought was going against them. The last thing any of these Chairmen gave a f**k about was Rangers fans coming to their grounds and passing off roughly 50% of Scotland's football support isn't likely to help business. You are ear bitingly stupid.

I live about 400 miles away and am rather on the outside looking in on this one. I feel as if I'm about to put my head in the lion's mouth here and suspect there will be a few who soon bite it off, but I'm trying to take a detached view. Unfortunately, it had to be THE Rangers in the last home match and they will be partying as they will have got promotion by then, so it will be hard to take for those who attend (unless we go and beat them - they might be demob happy by then!). I'll be surprised if they don't take up all the tickets on offer unless they are still in boycott mode - after all their team is winning in this division. I do understand why many of our fans don't like to see season ticket-holders and their kids moved as it feels like giving in to the Govan mob. I think the key is whether those affected who want to go - I gather that there are fans who won't go near this fixture, especially with their kids - will be offered an alternative seat that represents an upgrade.

It's obviously all about extra money for the club and why the club have gone down this road in the certain knowledge that it will upset a number of loyal fans. I, and I'm fairly sure most of the fans on here, don't know about the state of the club's finances either now or as regards next season, but I think we can agree that we're unlikely to be rolling in it and the club's action this week does tend to confirm it.

So in amongst all the upset, I've been asking myself which is more important - not appearing to kow-tow to THE Rangers and their lovely fans or trying to get a bit extra towards making next season a damn sight more enjoyable than the last couple! I assume that you will have gathered by now that I favour the latter even though it means fans having to grit their teeth before, during and after the game itself. Someone made the comment recently that, unlike the last two seasons, we have a manager in place to make an early start on his plans for next season and I would hope that this extra cash (which will be hard-earned as far as the fans are concerned!) can make a difference for the better.

I can't say I like what is happening, but I think the Board have probably made a difficult decision with good intentions for the future and hopefully not out of current necessity. All in all, it seems to be a case of short-term pain for long-term gain and I hope it works out for us. I'm looking forward to see what Alex Rae can do for us in the summer - fingers crossed!!!

We have always been skint ever since we moved to Greenhill Rd , so why now and never before?

We took the other halves money or have you forgotten.

Plus, our gates have been very poor and not had a good cup run.

Edited by pod

F**king great idea if the money was going into the directors pockets. 1eye.gif

Don't care where the money is going, its coming OUT of football fans pockets and charging £25 is even more shameful than the already ridiculous £20.

To add insult to injury, its another certain defeat.

Don't care where the money is going, its coming OUT of football fans pockets and charging £25 is even more shameful than the already ridiculous £20.

To add insult to injury, its another certain defeat.

You would be if the fan's were running the club and why are you so concerned about the bigoted opposition fans.

If certain of defeat save, save yourself £20. ( do you attend games)

Answer above.

Our gates have been poor for a few years now due to our dreadful home record

Since March 2013,cup runs are a thing of the past

The Family stand has lay more or less empty any time we play any of the gruesome twosome

The last time there was a decent amount was the Christmas Eve game against Oldco

We have always been skint ever since we moved to Greenhill Rd and the crowd in the south stand had always been low when we played them, so why now and never before?

It is due to the exceptional demand from them for tickets.

Oh, wait....