Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Care to place a wager?

We get various subjects that pop up through the seasons when all the "that's it, I'm no buying a season ticket" brigade shout loudly but very few do it as St Mirren means more than any sort of nonsense, including this latest opportunity for people to create a drama.

Just my opinion, backed up by season ticket sales over the last few years.

This will all blow over in a few days and those who have been frothing at the mouth for the last few days will be back as normal next season. Talk of protests and walkouts are laughable.

Having said that it's unbelievable how badly the BOD have (mis)handled this whole affair and the sooner the selling mob GTF the better.

I have a sneaking suspicion that something else may be what has driven this mad idea, think about it, they must surely have known there would be uproar, they have given out mixed info on the other lot wanting/asking/not asking for more tickets than normal, doing this directly to fans is out of character for them (the green lot sell out didn't really impact on our fans). I think this is for purposes other than making some extra dough and will watch with interest to see what else could be behind it. It stinks of an old-style diversionary move.

A small but important gesture and the sort of message that, had it been included in the original statement, would have gone a long way towards reducing the heat.

I don't think anyone wants Rangers to get the South Stand but if the economic argument is that it will make a material difference next season and the displaced season ticket holders are at least being taken care of properly first and foremost, then I guess that makes it slightly easier to swallow.

Still not a great epsiode but at least they have listened.

Each to their own opinion. MIne is they have taken the people who actually finance the club for mugs one time too many and realise they have not only significantly damaged/obliterated their status as a family friendly club (cant see any awards coming again for that), but severely damaged the chances of people who currently buy ST's renewing, and those who have lapsed less likely to comeback.

Any other business,and the shareholders would have the CEO out the door!

Its not the first time the goings on at SMFC have been likened to Gerald Ratners style of business suicide. Did Worry when announced how Fitzy would shape up as a CEO, didnt think he would f**k up so catastrophically, so quickly.... Albeit aided, abetted and patsied by the board.

How many times does it have to happen before people realise the board are incompetent, and devoid of any reasoning, or care about how much they alienate their only source now of real income? If they cared this shambles would never have even been considered let alone played out with pathetic attempts to bump up what they will actually get for their seven pieces of silver.

I hope the board have their cheque books ready to supply ever increasing loans to cover the shortfall they are doing their level best to increase!

I have a sneaking suspicion that something else may be what has driven this mad idea, think about it, they must surely have known there would be uproar, they have given out mixed info on the other lot wanting/asking/not asking for more tickets than normal, doing this directly to fans is out of character for them (the green lot sell out didn't really impact on our fans). I think this is for purposes other than making some extra dough and will watch with interest to see what else could be behind it. It stinks of an old-style diversionary move.

The club has had a few communication breakdowns this season that I won't even bother rhyming off. I think it's more a case of lack of PR and the board wanting out that's caused this.

Jings. Ye cannae whack a good conspiracy theory.....

Personally I think it is just the usual piss poor PR and communications that we have sadly grown used to.

Why they never consulted the Fans Council on this is anyone's guess.

Yes indeed, how about this one - A controversial decision gets made to extract some cash from the blue lot because it is needed to offset the cost of the cash spent by the club on a slightly less controversial idea of fitting out an area of the stand for a small minority of fans to have a matchday bar, first get it put out as "just a thought" from someone (slight softening of the blow and sets it in peoples minds as a possibility) then drop the bombshell, split your loyal groups into sections, "backers" and "backers with permission to slag the board off a wee bit" send out mixed messages to add confusion, release the contents of an email sent to a nameless disgruntled fan. Have the FC and Fitzy (the backers) announce some compo measures - which makes them look good for negotiating a deal (you and your cronies want out so don't care if you don't come across well and it might actually help get fans to pay towards the pot that will pay you off) then get the "backers with permission to slag the board off a wee bit" to say "well done on giving compo, but think about it more next time" make sure everyone sticks to their script, then exit stage left and leave them all to get on with it.

Some or none of the above may be what went down, i'm not usually into conspiracy theories though, and i have a more pressing problem on my mind. I was left sandwiches AND soup for my lunch today, usually it's just sandwiches - what the hell is she up to ?

All a bit tongue-in-cheek you understand of course, or is it ?

Yes indeed, how about this one - A controversial decision gets made to extract some cash from the blue lot because it is needed to offset the cost of the cash spent by the club on a slightly less controversial idea of fitting out an area of the stand for a small minority of fans to have a matchday bar, first get it put out as "just a thought" from someone (slight softening of the blow and sets it in peoples minds as a possibility) then drop the bombshell, split your loyal groups into sections, "backers" and "backers with permission to slag the board off a wee bit" send out mixed messages to add confusion, release the contents of an email sent to a nameless disgruntled fan. Have the FC and Fitzy (the backers) announce some compo measures - which makes them look good for negotiating a deal (you and your cronies want out so don't care if you don't come across well and it might actually help get fans to pay towards the pot that will pay you off) then get the "backers with permission to slag the board off a wee bit" to say "well done on giving compo, but think about it more next time" make sure everyone sticks to their script, then exit stage left and leave them all to get on with it.

Some or none of the above may be what went down, i'm not usually into conspiracy theories though, and i have a more pressing problem on my mind. I was left sandwiches AND soup for my lunch today, usually it's just sandwiches - what the hell is she up to ?

All a bit tongue-in-cheek you understand of course, or is it ?

They say "The truth is out there" ,Where it is I don't know.........But somebody does.

Still not a great epsiode but at least they have listened.

how cheap they think they can buy the South Stand Season Ticket holders for. A tenner and a video.

Only in Scotland would a football club piss all over it's supporters clubs in these type of circumstances.

This is the prime example that supports their bragging that Rankers & Septic bankroll Scottish football.

Cram as many of them in and to f**k with our own fans. The cost of loyalty, eh!

Edited by Kombi Buddie

I attempted to read this thread from the beginning but began to lose the will to live pretty quickly. I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and YES i will purchase a season ticket next season BUT!!! There is not a chance in hell I'll be attending this match. I usually suffer the games at St Mirren Park against the old firm at because it's our home, but i don't enjoy it. I was already considering giving it a miss because i didn't want to watch them party but to do this to the home support has truly sickened me. We still have a small chance of getting 4th place and to allow this when it might be a game that we need to win is laughable. The BOD at St Mirren really couldn't give a flying fcuk about the fans unless it's to take their hard earned. If a boycott was properly set up i wouldn't have a problem walking out to let the BOD know how we feel as long it wasn't some half arsed attempt where 20 or 30 walk out.

Also! As others have pointed out this will almost certainly be Thommo's last game.... well played BOD.... a stadium full of Rangers fans and a ridiculously low home support... good stuff, well thought out! A St Mirren legend will go out with a whimper because our BOD are shower of greedy barstewards!

I attempted to read this thread from the beginning but began to lose the will to live pretty quickly. I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and YES i will purchase a season ticket next season BUT!!! There is not a chance in hell I'll be attending this match. I usually suffer the games at St Mirren Park against the old firm at because it's our home, but i don't enjoy it. I was already considering giving it a miss because i didn't want to watch them party but to do this to the home support has truly sickened me. We still have a small chance of getting 4th place and to allow this when it might be a game that we need to win is laughable. The BOD at St Mirren really couldn't give a flying fcuk about the fans unless it's to take their hard earned. If a boycott was properly set up i wouldn't have a problem walking out to let the BOD know how we feel as long it wasn't some half arsed attempt where 20 or 30 walk out.

Also! As others have pointed out this will almost certainly be Thommo's last game.... well played BOD.... a stadium full of Rangers fans and a ridiculously low home support... good stuff, well thought out! A St Mirren legend will go out with a whimper because our BOD are shower of greedy barstewards!

Sir

I find myself in a position whereby I strongly agree with every word of your post. Well said that man, well said indeed.

The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co have shown that the fan's are nothing more than a source of income to be maximised at every opportunity. A lot of respect has been thrown away in the pursuance of coin and I am deeply disappointed with my club in this regard.

Myself and my daughter will now not be going. Being offered £10 off next season and a chance to watch something that we already have the DVD of doesn't cut it either.

Our home ground full of Rangers fans, no thanks, for the same reasons that we don't go to Ibrox, a wholly unpleasant experience guaranteed.

£10 off a season ticket will cost the club next to nothing as of the 200 affected ST holders how many of them are kids and not paying to renew their ST?

Here is the chance for the club to put down a marker and get some good publicity and arrange with JD to either give the kids in the Family Stand with ST a free t-shirt or training top or a voucher to get a half price 2016/7 St Mirren top.

Completely empty seats in the St. Mirren section is what we need.

It could be the start...

If fans of every club boycotted every game against the Old Firm then we could force change.

It wont happen though.

The likes of Top Cat and Pozbaird will always be there pandering to the Old Firm and their bigotry, hatred and violence.