Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Whilst I do not disagree with the idea of gaining extra money for the club would be beneficial, I question the idea of extra money at what cost for St.Mirren fans. I mentioned the disabled parking bays, that is only in money terms of little cost, but important to those of us unfortunately disabled. You've also got to take into consideration the idea in the aims of getting extra money, that St.Mirren fans that purchased season tickets for the family stand are being moved like it or not. It may be an important game for us, in terms of a relegation play off. There are plenty more reasons I could list but I will leave it at that bar one other, were the fans consulted?

Of course the fans were consulted through the Fans Council.

That's three sources now indicating the FC were party to the decision. only passing on what's freely available out there.

They created their own car crash of a debacle.

I was told the night before the club released the news by my son.

dont see what the problem is at our old home ,many a time before seats were put in

both off the old twins ,got both areas behind goals ,and there were crowds off 15k and over

we need the cash, get over it when was the last time south stand was full..???????

still a saint ,

even though i hate our board ,,,,

still the right decision ,

dont see what the problem is at our old home ,many a time before seats were put in

both off the old twins ,got both areas behind goals ,and there were crowds off 15k and over

Indeed, but we didn't have the internet and football forums in those days..........................

Edited by FTOF

Of course the fans were consulted through the Fans Council.

So tell me jim, was it the fans council members in their entirety or the chairman, secretary and treasure that was consulted about this and they either unanimously or majority wise thought this was a good idea. If that's the case not only should the BOD,s hang their heads in shame, so should the fans council. Furthermore, when was it decided that the fans council spoke for all St.Mirren fans, be they members or not.

So funny reading the pish on here turn on the Falkirk game there second in the league and rangers have half of there stadium. Yet no outcry from them.

Whit?

No people shouting they'll not be buying a season ticket next year?

No people calling the BOD every name under the sun?

No people getting their knickers well and truly twisted?

No people saying they are really upset and life will never be the same?

Fcuk it, Falkirk fans are shit.

Edited by faraway saint

Whit?

No people shouting they'll not be buying a season ticket next year?

No people calling the BOD every name under the sun?

No people getting their knickers well and truly twisted?

No people saying they are really upset and life will never be the same?

Fcuk it, Falkirk fans are shit.

Another master baiter!

So tell me jim, was it the fans council members in their entirety or the chairman, secretary and treasure that was consulted about this and they either unanimously or majority wise thought this was a good idea. If that's the case not only should the BOD,s hang their heads in shame, so should the fans council. Furthermore, when was it decided that the fans council spoke for all St.Mirren fans, be they members or not.

As you know Stripey, the FC were set up by the club, and they have never once canvassed other fans opinions that i know of (they might ask people they know for their opinion) truth is though, i have sat on that fans council and listened to the biggest amount of pish i have ever heard from fellow saints fans, usually 3 or 4 mouthy guys bandied words about such as, "they will buy lotto tickets again and be quite happy at the chance of winning less than they could have won last year - they will not even notice we have cut the prize money, we boobed by giving them too much last year" These are not the words of someone who gives a shit about other fans, my own words at one meeting were completely misquoted in the minutes of that meeting, that is one reason i stood down from that group, their work in raising money is not in question - it's usually good work by them, their connection to the wishes and whims of the board is what i would question.

You have people on here stating they heard about the South Stand issue before it was officially announced by the club, i have been told by a person i trust that a fan council member stated "it could have been worse - the original proposal was to give them 3 stands" none of these conversations were recorded of course, but i know what i believe and i believe the fans council knew all along what was being proposed. Not a massive crime admittedly but to state they wished the club had spoken to them before making the announcement if they did already know about the plan would be typical of my experience with them.

I would also add that there may well have been a pressing need to raise extra money from the blue lot, it has never been done before so i don't believe it will be money made available to directly get new players, it might make less of a strain on next seasons budget, but i reckon it's needed to balance this seasons books and therefore should have been explained as that and not as it has been.

It has belittled the "last home game of the season" experience as already mentioned by some on here, and also pissed of some of our long standing fans and most of our young fans who are the future fans of this great club. Quite simply - you don't do that to your own fans without getting a majority agreement from the fans directly affected by your proposals, ask and you might get approval or not, slap it into them and you will get anger and worse in return.

Edited by buddiecat

For those on the Forum who have not read through the 32 pages on this thread .The Facts are:-

Here is the original statement issued in this forum and social media on Tuesday the 15th March from the Chairman of the Fans Council

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

On Thursday a club announcement was made following a further discussion with members of the Fans Council that day

As a result of feedback received from our supporters affected by the change in seating at the forthcoming Rangers match, the club has engaged with The St Mirren Fans Council and have taken on board the thoughts and feelings of our supporters.

As a result the affected Season Ticket holders are being offered a £10 reduction on next season’s Season Ticket and will be invited to a special screening of the League Cup winning video at a future date to be confirmed.

The venue will be the new SMFC 1877 supporters club which will open shortly. Players from the cup winning team will be in attendance.

The club wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Board will always act in the best interests of St Mirren FC and their supporters and hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to the financial needs of the club and the feelings of our loyal supporters.

We will be contacting the affected supporters directly.

This was a joint announcement from CEO of SMFC and the Chairman of the Fans Council

As you know Stripey, the FC were set up by the club, and they have never once canvassed other fans opinions that i know of (they might ask people they know for their opinion) truth is though, i have sat on that fans council and listened to the biggest amount of pish i have ever heard from fellow saints fans, usually 3 or 4 mouthy guys bandied words about such as, "they will buy lotto tickets again and be quite happy at the chance of winning less than they could have won last year - they will not even notice we have cut the prize money, we boobed by giving them too much last year" These are not the words of someone who gives a shit about other fans, my own words at one meeting were completely misquoted in the minutes of that meeting, that is one reason i stood down from that group, their work in raising money is not in question - it's usually good work by them, their connection to the wishes and whims of the board is what i would question.

You have people on here stating they heard about the South Stand issue before it was officially announced by the club, i have been told by a person i trust that a fan council member stated "it could have been worse - the original proposal was to give them 3 stands" none of these conversations were recorded of course, but i know what i believe and i believe the fans council knew all along what was being proposed. Not a massive crime admittedly but to state they wished the club had spoken to them before making the announcement if they did already know about the plan would be typical of my experience with them.

For anyone on the Forum who would like to be updated on the actual content of the meetings, these are available on http://www.supportsmfc.co.uk/minutes.html

"The facts are"....

"The Board will always act in the best interests of St Mirren FC and their supporters"!

Hahahaha... Priceless.

Like when the Chairman wanted a return to a top ten because Saints would be financially better off in the second tier of football?

Like when the Chairman tried to bribe fans into fast-tracking The Rangers into the first division to avoid "armageddon".

Aye right!

Edited by BuddieinEK