Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Season ticket holders are offered two choices. Early bird to save a few quid and club gets money in early to start building squad. Other option is a deadline set to secure same seat. Then after that deadline all remaining "reserved" and "unreserved" seats are made available to purchase.

New customers can also sign up early for "unreserved" seats but their choice is restricted for the reasons above.

Not too difficult to understand. Even Zippy understands that.

So the ones who get the discount at early bird don't get to reserve a seat? I know that's not true.

It is difficult to understand why any football club would be so stupid as to offer seat reservations in the football ground. I could understand the excuse of it being under police instruction if every fan was forced to sit in the seat that they've been allocated for every match, but that isn't the case at all and nor should anyone want it to be. Scrapping seat reservations would prevent situations of potential conflict in the stadium where someone who has sat in a seat in an empty area of the stadium is asked to move one seat over so someone who has reserved their seat can sit there. In a quarter full stadium there are plenty of empty seats.

Removing segregation would also take away an area of conflict where intolerant home fans appear to think it's their duty to protect "their territory" by "bravely and angrily" demanding that a minimum wage steward put themselves in harms way to remove a group of away fans who are in every other way behaving themselves and causing no trouble at all.

I also don't understand the attitude of the likes of Pozbaird who would rather sit with a group of strangers he argues with on the forum every other day of the week rather than sitting beside his friends, his family and maybe even his work colleagues at a football match.

Each to their own I guess.....:rolleyes:

snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Great thread, full of repeat posts, making an absolute drama of something close to nothing all.

I understand the slight irritation of moving a seat........................no, wait, I fecking don't. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

This thread sums up the forum, full of people making a drama from nothing, especially anything to feed the love of he Old Firm.............................

Quite why people let themselves become consumed by Rangers and Celtic is beyond me.

snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Great thread, full of repeat posts, making an absolute drama of something close to nothing all.

I understand the slight irritation of moving a seat........................no, wait, I fecking don't. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

This thread sums up the forum, full of people making a drama from nothing, especially anything to feed the love of he Old Firm.............................

Quite why people let themselves become consumed by Rangers and Celtic is beyond me.

It's kept your attention. You seem happy enough making a drama out of a drama mellow.png

Must admit I've only skim read the last few pages of this but for me anyway anyone who thinks any of the guys on the fans council, the guys on the SMiSA board or the guys on the football club board would do anything to deliberately hurt the club or the fans is absolutely off their rocker.

All three of the above groups do their level best to help the club. All three are made up of St.Mirren supporters. All of these groups of people will make mistakes from time to time.

The guys in the boardroom are legally bound to make decisions that are in the best interests of the company. Some of those decisions won't be popular.

If we ever get fans owning the club I shudder to think of the abuse the guys who sit on the board will get when they have to make unpopular decisions or things aren't going well.

Look at the current directors. Look at the whole picture of what they have achieved over the years. Then look at the abuse they get now.

Think about what an unsuccessful board will cop. This lot have been the most successful board we've ever had!

This is an 8000 capacity stadium that rarely gets quarter filled. If you take away seat reservations then there will be plenty of empty seats sitting in blocks for anyone coming in even well after kick off

How often are there less than 2000 in the crowd? I'd have thought average gates were about 3400ish. Which is near half filled, certain ly not "rarely quarter filled" in fact I'd guess there's only been a handful of games that halve been less than a quarter filled. Only one I can think of is brechin in the cup midweek a few years back.

Unless it is StuDick and LordLookAtMe in charge.

Showering abuse at them would be what turns them on ultimately.

Can you imagine if those two were in charge?

First changes on the agenda would be a world class running track, no segregation, unreserved seating, free pies, seats for pets, fans council disbanded.

It might actually be really interesting if they can secure enough votes. They might not be to everyone's liking, but they certainly would not be dull appointments.

Apart from the fans council bit the rest of your post referring to me is pish. But hey if you are into peddling pish fill yir boots!

Must admit I've only skim read the last few pages of this but for me anyway anyone who thinks any of the guys on the fans council, the guys on the SMiSA board or the guys on the football club board would do anything to deliberately hurt the club or the fans is absolutely off their rocker.

All three of the above groups do their level best to help the club. All three are made up of St.Mirren supporters. All of these groups of people will make mistakes from time to time.

The guys in the boardroom are legally bound to make decisions that are in the best interests of the company. Some of those decisions won't be popular.

If we ever get fans owning the club I shudder to think of the abuse the guys who sit on the board will get when they have to make unpopular decisions or things aren't going well.

Look at the current directors. Look at the whole picture of what they have achieved over the years. Then look at the abuse they get now.

Think about what an unsuccessful board will cop. This lot have been the most successful board we've ever had!

IF the SMiSA / GLS bid succeeds Div, absolutely no doubt whoever the new 'figureheads' at the top of the club turn out to be will cop flak for unpopular decisions. However, let's say for talking sake the new guys making those decisions decide to once more hire out the stadium to another club who are having work done at their own midden.... Ahead of a Saints fan happening to drive past the ground and seeing a Sellik / Sevco / Morton / Melchester Rovers sign going up over our own, hopefully the new BoD will have taken the five or ten minutes it would take to say a few simple words on their very own website in advance.... Why it is a good deal. Why they are allowing the re-branding, and that they realise that if folk just saw a disliked club's signage gong up it could cause annoyance.

Wouldn't cost anything. Other than calling Norrie and asking him to update the website. One phone call, ten minutes.

No-fcuking-brainer.

Edit: Plus, IF you cop flak for something like the Sellik signage, don't repeat the same bloody mistake when you decide to pap your family stand clientele and kids for another disliked club's moronic Billy Boys... Oh, and if you sanctioned an organised fan group to improve the communication flow between club and supporters.... Erm, don't treat them like mugs. Use them to do the very thing you are incapable of taking ten minutes to do yourself - improve the communication between club and supporters in advance of what you surely, surely to goodness, must realise will be another fractious and divisive decision.

Edited by pozbaird

If they are as you state the most successful board, why do they steadfastly refuse to consult or engage with the most successful group of supporters the club has ever had???

The supporters finance the club, they dont want or get their money back, but they do want those who make the decisions to involve them, to hear their voice.

Think what could have been achieved if instead of, the limp wristed finger in the air to see what way the wind is blowing straw poll conducted on here a few months ago about giving sevco another stand/stands...

The club actually invited all interested parties to a meeting to engage the support's input into the decision making process, with increased revenue projections, how moves could affect different elements of the support, any genuine police scotland/segregation issues etc....

Are you seriously suggesting a consensus would not have been found to endorse relocating saints fans to facilitate the opportunity to increase much needed revenue?? Your response and that of the board are the real reason people are upset about this!

Its not that it has happened, its how its been gone about with so much disregard for what the people actually paying the bills think, or god forbid could make better, more palatable ideas, suggestions and communication.

This board do not give a damn anymore about what the people paying the bills think, that might come back to bite their arse come the 30 March?

I find it intriguing that such a fuss is made over some fans having to move places for a game whereas the real objection ought to be about Saints charging an extra £5 on top of the already outrageous £20 to watch second division football.

One of the boards biggest problems next season will be which games they can choose to charge the extra fiver as both the old firm are now absent from the fixture list. I`m sure that whatever they lack in football knowledge (and its a lot), they will no doubt make up for in greed.

Pretty sure the club could use a portion of the 30k / 45k / 60k / 70k / one million quid raised by allowing them the stand to invest in a supply of cans of lighter fuel and razor blades to remove the fcuking things. Cos' that's how you remove those hard-to-remove stickers, such as the ones businesses slap on your car window if you park illegally.... Pick off as much of the sticker as you can. Soak the remainder with lighter fuel, absolutely drench it - then, use masking tape to cover half of a razor blade, use the blade as a mini 'wallpaper scraper' to work off the residual sticker. Apply more lighter fuel as required as you go. Wipe seat clean with a bit of kitchen roll once offending sticker fully removed.

Here to help. I'm sure our BoD will be all over it in jig time.

Reasonably sure this post goes a little way to disproving the Oaksoft gobshite's claim that I provide little of substance to any thread on here. Allied to my tips on how to safely wash polyester football shirts... I'm on a roll.

a wee drop of cheap after shave and a ceramic hob scraper would be a cheaper and safer way of doing the job

Stuart, my point was I want to be able to walk in at the last minute and get a seat round about W3 a few rows from the back, where my ST is. Whilst you are correct that there are many empty seats they do not all have as good a view as I have now. I picked my seat as soon as the new ground opened and I have a really good view. As long as I stump up early for the entire season I want that seat. .Appreciate the points you make but I think there are a lot like me who like the status quo on Seating.

Without seat reservation the number of STs will fall dramatically. There are about ten of us who all have STs and all turn up at 2.55 for each game. If I then had tio find a seat at the front or whereever , especially at bigger games, I would have no reason to buy a season Ticket. Yes we get a discounted price but you only have to miss a handful of games for this to be nullified. If the Club wany my money up front I want to know where I am going to sit.Nothing absurd about it. We help with their budgeting we get a guarenteed seat,i

Football club survived well over 120 years without allocated seating or indeed any seating whatsoever.

All that has happened is that an entitlement complex has been allowed to build up amongst season ticket holders which constantly hamstrings the clubs ability to adapt to changing financial circumstances.

Football club survived well over 120 years without allocated seating or indeed any seating whatsoever.

All that has happened is that an entitlement complex has been allowed to build up amongst season ticket holders which constantly hamstrings the clubs ability to adapt to changing financial circumstances.

Indeed they did survive about 120 years without seating, but now that the top divisions all do have seated stadiums, reserved seating has distinct advantages and that'll be why (I think I am correct in saying) almost every club employs a reserved seating policy.

Indeed they did survive about 120 years without seating, but now that the top divisions all do have seated stadiums, reserved seating has distinct advantages and that'll be why (I think I am correct in saying) almost every club employs a reserved seating policy.

You could also look at the changes in the player market, both in terms of Transfer Windows and Bosmans, over the last 20 years as factors behind moves for smaller provincial clubs wanting higher numbers of season tickets as money is required up front every year to sustain them. Pre-allocation of seats is the trade-off a club has to make in order to secure the necessary income via season tickets in order to recruit players until gate monies start coming in.

Some questions for the board/CE from a concerned and disappointed fan.

We are season ticket holders while my daughter comes along on a reasonably regular basis. We are currently considering our position.
I would like the following questions to be answered in order to better inform the supporters who ARE the club.

1. Will the directors be at the Rangers match? I have heard in my work that one or more are planning to give it a miss. If so this is taking moving seats to a whole new level.

And if so would they make their empty seat available to a supporter from the South Stand?

2. If this scenario was to repeat itself again next season against the likes of Hibs/Killie/
Dundee United would the fans be moved once again to accommodate a celebrating visiting support that would be capable of filling the seats in those circumstances?

3. Will the Fans Council and SMiSA organise a meeting of fans to discuss this whole sorry mess and report back to the fan base via the websites?

4. When will season tickets for next season be on sale? Will prices be held at the current level?

5. The club have this year and without asking the views of the supporters, allowed partial rebranding of our ground by another club. Changed the name of our ground (admittedly for a defined period) without any consultation and now turned a home game into an away match that will see countless Saints fans not attend the last match of what has been a terrible season. Will the board, within reason give an undertaking to consult the supporters regarding such big issues in future? I understand that good management may make that difficult in certain circumstances but the three items above would have not been last minute, no option decisions.

6. It seems the supporters have to make way for cash. A lecture on finance is not required. I would like to see decisions taken only based on what is right, which would involve a statement from the club and consultation with fans representatives. This will ensure CONTINUING financial support from the fans going forward. Can the board guarantee this will be the case in future?

7. After a solid start the new CE has made contradicting statements in the press. Can he or the chairman clear this up. Did Rangers make requests due to 'unprecedented demand' or did they make no approach?

It's not like me to withhold my name and put my thoughts in writing on a public forum but I feel after the poor turnout against Raith when it was obvious that season ticket holders had stayed away and to broaden the understanding of the current situation I have no option.

Hopefully this will attract answers for my family and all supporters.

Thank You.

IIRC Dundee changed their policy on season ticket holders reserving seats a few seasons back. Since then season ticket sales at Dens Park have been booming.

Last night I asked those that sit around me in the West Stand if they were going on the last day of the season. Not one said yes. It was either no or 'I don't know'. At half time I meet a bunch of mates who sit further along and none of them are going to this game (all season ticket holders).

Maybe Rae should field Thommo and Goody on the second last home game (v Morton) so we can say a proper goodbye to these guys as there will be few Buddies in the stadium at the Hunns Title Party sponsored by SMFC.

Edited by Sonny