Rangers To Be Given South Stand

It's a sad day when the board would rather accept Saints fans turning away from a matchday at home, to cater for the ****, especially folk who have paid well in advance through season tickets. It's a case of we already have your money, so get it round you.

I am a season ticket holder and this will be my last season quite frankly. I am sick of our club selling its soul and bending over for a few quid. The Saints supporters are the most important people to the club. Without us, they have nothing. The timing off the back of 'Bring a Buddie' couldn't be any more stupid.

Away games from next season for me until change is made.

I know it's unlikely....but it is not Unbelievable that we may need to win this match for a forth placed finish. The board seem to have completely written that off in order to get a quick quid from Rangers.

I won't be going to this game now, the attendance from saints fans could be absolutely embarrassing.

As is said above this could be Goodwin and Thommos last home game for the club, shame they won't get the send off they deserve

Edited by foxbar_bud

The sad thing is that boycotting this match will not give any message to the BoD whatsoever... in fact, it might help them as it will deal with the segregation issue.

I will be writing to the club to inform them that if this goes ahead, I will NOT be renewing two season tickets for the family stand for next season. Why should I when they no longer guarantee me access to the family stand?

Happy to move seats... but not stands to accommodate opposition support.

I will also be contacting Police Scotland to express serious concerns about the lack of segregation and resultant parking problems on the day caused by having their support at opposite ends of the stadium.

RAGING!

What a joke. South stand holds 1654 according to wikipedia so if it is full of rangers fans at £25 thats £41350 extra money well make. We could still in theory be in with a shot of 4th place yet we give up our family stand to sectarian bigots and let them surround the park and take over home advantage for just over £40k.

Less the VAT on the ticket price, not everyone will be a full price ticket, less extra stewards and police, you quite quickly get to a relatively minimal figure.

Considering how close Livi will be to us should we not win on Saturday the decision and its timing are both flawed not only in a financial sense but also in a footballing one.

Div the income from an extra 2000 Rangers supporters will not offset the loss of goodwill from loyal Saints fans. The Board should look closely at the fall out from the Kilmarnock Board's sell out. Watching Saints is rarely a dead rubber as it's nearly always a roller coaster of emotion and it's never a dead rubber against this lot or the other cheek of that sectarian arse.

I cannot remember the exact way around it was but for a good couple of season Killie bacon was saved due to having i think Celtic twice on the last day of the season.

Now at Kille with a capacity of 15K selling 12,000 more tickets than you normally do makes more sense than this. Killie would make about £250,000 on the last day of the season and this would see them through the summer, for St Mirren it might net say £35k with exactly the same amount of annimosity created as at Killie.

250 grand v 35 Grand

Thats the maths

I cannot remember the exact way around it was but for a good couple of season Killie bacon was saved due to having i think Celtic twice on the last day of the season.

Now at Kille with a capacity of 15K selling 12,000 more tickets than you normally do makes more sense than this. Killie would make about £250,000 on the last day of the season and this would see them through the summer, for St Mirren it might net say £35k with exactly the same amount of annimosity created as at Killie.

250 grand v 35 Grand

Thats the maths

And it will only take 120 or so people to decide not to renew their season ticket due to this to cancel out that 35K.

Several things spring to mind over this latest fiasco. Firstly the unapologetic greed of a business which has seen the possibility of making a fast buck from its potential customers. Whilst already overcharging (in my opinion) at the gate, they are prepared to add another fiver to further fleece football fans. I wont be anywhere near the place as I refuse to indulge this kind of capitalism.

Secondly, the statement says that Rangers are "demanding" more tickets. I am old enough to remember when real crowds used to come to Love St from both Rangers and Celtic and they took over the ground, in effect. Saints feeble excuse seems to be that the constabulary are forcing them to accede to the "demands" Lol, that's a good one.

For those who have been prudent enough to be able to purchase advance entry for the season , for themselves and their children, it is a slap in the face that they are either to be moved or forfeit entry. The wisdom of buying a season ticket, of course is a matter of conjecture, given the scarcity of entertainment on offer from this team.

One last thing though. The amount of abuse given to Rangers fans on this thread is , in my estimation, well over the top. They are fans, same as us, who are there to support their team and quite frankly if I was one of them I would also feel like boycotting a team who regularly increase the entry price to take advantage of a large travelling support.

Firstly I can see the attraction in maximising revenue for what will almost certainly be a dead rubber game for us.

An extra 2000 fans in the South stand on the day could make a real tangible difference to our budget for next season.

I also think the chance of Rangers fans taking up home end tickets could potentially lead to trouble on the day, and whilst the club can't say that in print I assume that is what they mean by the "in consultation with police scotland".

HOWEVER.................

The statement that has been released today is very poor. If I was a South Stand season ticket holder I'd be more than a bit pissed off. It basically reads along the lines of "we're doing this whether you like it or not and you're probably too stupid to understand why".

There is also no mention of what is happening with W6 & W7, If they are selling those to Rangers too then the home fans really are being completely and utterly shafted.

Wouldn't that be where they would decant the South Stand supporters.

Edited by pod

Makes no sense for the BoD to give the Sevconians an entire home stand - then negate their money-grabbing grubbiness by taking away two big sections of the West Stand that they normally get anyway. Surely their plan is to shove the Saints fans being evicted from the South Stand to the Main Stand?

Someone let me know, because I won't be anywhere near the fcuking place that day.

There used to be plenty of space in the main stand to take those that actually go to Rangers or Celtic games.

The club know and can tell from the gate system the number of family stand season ticket holders that despite having a ticket never attend these games.

2 here... 118 to go!

They also have to factor in potential revenue loss in respect of those who might have been considering purchasing a ST for the first time or after a break. A good few people could be put off by this latest debacle.

I wouldn't hold out for the other 118.

Just my opinion.

Lots of bluster already on here.

Indeed the reality of these things is that very few people (and certainly not enough to make the board change their mind) actually follow through on their threats.

It takes a long time for a real protest to build as indeed was seen at Rangers. Fans will put up with an awful lot before they gather in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

They also have to factor in potential revenue loss in respect of those who might have been considering purchasing a ST for the first time or after a break. A good few people could be put off by this latest debacle.

No-one will be put off buying an ST. The annual begging letter tugs at the heartstrings even more than the SSPCA leaflet shoved through your door showing a malnourished and beaten up old unwanted greyhound*

* That's a dug'... Not Alan Gow.

Indeed the reality of these things is that very few people (and certainly not enough to make the board change their mind) actually follow through on their threats.

It takes a long time for a real protest to build as indeed was seen at Rangers. Fans will put up with an awful lot before they gather in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

The difference between fans and customers.

Sacrificial lamb/club legend/chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick is the one being offered up to the firing squad by speaking to St Mirren Radio tomorrow night.

And he will offer no apology but will attempt to justify the boards decision.

Perhaps the fans representatives, the fans council, will have the baws to confront the board over this?

Very much doubt it.

The season hadn't even started and Celtic playing 3 games at St Mirren Park and everyone was up in arms and now the last game of the season against the other half of the ugly sisters is kicking up a massive stink. It's been a bad year for everyone connected with St Mirren FC apart from David Longwell and Brian Caldwell who have managed to escape the madness.

I think season ticket sales will drop by at least a third next season.

No-one will be put off buying an ST. The annual begging letter tugs at the heartstrings even more than the SSPCA leaflet shoved through your door showing a malnourished and beaten up old unwanted greyhound*

* That's a dug'... Not Alan Gow.

Well, I always harbour the notion to buy one again, but it won't be happening next season. That's a cast iron certainty.