Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Sacrificial lamb/club legend/chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick is the one being offered up to the firing squad by speaking to St Mirren Radio tomorrow night.

Smacks of sending out big friendly Sam Allardyce to give Sunderland's position on Adam Johnson when any decisions to have been made were the board's responsibility.

Indeed the reality of these things is that very few people (and certainly not enough to make the board change their mind) actually follow through on their threats.

It takes a long time for a real protest to build as indeed was seen at Rangers. Fans will put up with an awful lot before they gather in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

So, is your perception from your time on the BoD one that says the long-term incumbents in the BoD take these highly unpopular decisions with the attitude towards St Mirren fans which amounts to - 'fcuk um, they'll moan for a while on a forum like the keyboard warrior knickerwetters we know they are, but when push comes to shove, they'll do fcuk all?'

Or if not that, what IS their mindset when taking decisions they KNOW are going to hack off a small but still loyal hardcore home support!

Edited by pozbaird

The season hadn't even started and Celtic playing 3 games at St Mirren Park and everyone was up in arms and now the last game of the season against the other half of the ugly sisters is kicking up a massive stink. It's been a bad year for everyone connected with St Mirren FC apart from David Longwell and Brian Caldwell who have managed to escape the madness.

I think season ticket sales will drop by at least a third next season.

no chance they will drop by a third

He means 'fans' will have an emotional attachment to the club and will probably end up as they always do and back the club financially.

Whereas 'customers' do not and would withdraw their support by going to another supplier.

You have to be a real fan to get it tongue.png

indeed you do....fanboy

No ya drama queen, the bluster is people who have season tickets declaring, in the usual fashion, the won't purchase one next season, when the vast majority will.

That includes you in the drama queen section, not he season ticket holder section. tongue.png

Well, I wouldn't want to speak (or, indeed, think) for anyone else. What people ultimately choose to do is their prerogative, but what is beyond doubt is that the BoD have mightily pissed plenty of people off with this, and that ain't good business by anyone's reckoning. Edited by Drew

It doesn't really bother me if I'm being honest as I wouldn't attend the game anyway but If my ST was for the family stand I'd be more than a bit pissed off.

Although, I wouldn't take my kid to that game anyway.

It's embarrassing that a week or so after the bring a buddie initiative that we've given up on trying to get more Saints fans inside the ground.

The Club have probably realised that a few season holders from that stand , will be in a similar position to yourself , i.e not attending and have seen the chance to maximise revenue/sell a seat twice. .

Indeed the reality of these things is that very few people (and certainly not enough to make the board change their mind) actually follow through on their threats.

It takes a long time for a real protest to build as indeed was seen at Rangers. Fans will put up with an awful lot before they gather in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

So the board know this and take advantage by continuely sacrificing our long suffering core support to make a quick buck while at the same time promoting the 'one club one, community' motto.

So the board know this and take advantage by continuely sacrificing our long suffering core support to make a quick buck while at the same time promoting the 'one club one, community' motto.

Precisely this.

They consider us to be be blinkered idiots, who will inevitably roll over to have our bellies tickled - but will be swiftly booted in the stones.

Game of the day in Scotland that day may be Clyde vs Stirling Albion anyway, the other leagues will be done and dusted. This game will be absolutely meaningless, much like the years of support each of us have given and our views.

No doubt the Panda will be limited to quietly sitting on the centre circle face down, wouldn't want to annoy one of the two groups who run our game.

The board firmly believe as its the last game of the season all will be forgotten come ST renewal time..... I would wager their arrogance just wrote a cheque that their integrity can't cash.

think that is a bit extreme, but they certainly know exactly how many attend Rangers games from the family stand season ticket holders and will already have worked out where they can be accomodated

so on this the basis of this quote of yours

"With a heavy heart I will not attend anymore home games this season"

does this mean you are no longer a fan for the rest of the season?

I can see the BoD getting out of jail here as this thread spirals in another direction.

think that is a bit extreme, but they certainly know exactly how many attend Rangers games from the family stand season ticket holders and will already have worked out where they can be accomodated

In the same way they worked out how easy it would be to sell the club and/or deal with interested parties.

so on this the basis of this quote of yours

"With a heavy heart I will not attend anymore home games this season"

does this mean you are no longer a fan for the rest of the season?

No unlike you and people who dont "get" football I am SMTID.... But feel free to continue trying to set saints fans against saints fans to further your continually unsuccessful ends.

As a Sevco luvvie you must be feel like A Priest in Boys club with this caper.

So shuffle their long standing 'customers' around to accomodate more Rangers fans (1 off customers) without consulting them or considering the fact that they bought season tickets in the family stand because they want to actually sit in the family stand.

Wrote a wee opinion piece on this for the website. Feel free to add your comments underneath the article if you think I'm talking pish;

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/news-archives/opinions/2158-one-town-three-teams

Just read it from Twitter link, and agree on all counts.

Yet again, the club has made a rip-roaring c**t of it with this decision.

Edited by Drew