Rangers To Be Given South Stand

No unlike you and people who dont "get" football I am SMTID....

Yet your still not going to any more home games for the rest of the season....................am I missing something here? 1eye.gif

But feel free to continue trying to set saints fans agains saints fans to further your continually unsuccessful ends.

As a Sevco luvvie you must be feel like A Priest in Boys club with this caper.

Quality. wacko.png

Edited by faraway saint

If this goes ahead without any trouble,then it will become the norm any other time we play them or celtic either in the league or the cup. If the club feel they really needed to do this surely they would have better giving them half of the main stand so the ground is split more down the middle by our and their supporters.

Indeed the reality of these things is that very few people (and certainly not enough to make the board change their mind) actually follow through on their threats.

It takes a long time for a real protest to build as indeed was seen at Rangers. Fans will put up with an awful lot before they gather in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

That's undoubtedly the case. However, programmes (£40 odd per season), food, lottery tickets and other Fans Council type initiatives, merchandise, Black & White Magazine (£52 per annum) etc, are all optional. There's a couple of hundred quid in there that I spend each year that I don't need to.

That's undoubtedly the case. However, programmes (£40 odd per season), food, lottery tickets and other Fans Council type initiatives, merchandise, Black & White Magazine (£52 per annum) etc, are all optional. There's a couple of hundred quid in there that I spend each year that I don't need to.

indeed but their is very little profit to the Club in food (fixed price contract, or at least it was) and programmes etc

other than TV revenue ticket sales is where the money is

(by TV revenue i include all the SPFL central contract stuff)

Edited by rea

indeed but their is very little profit to the Club in food (fixed price contract, or at least it was) and programmes etc

other than TV revenue ticket sales is where the money is

(by TV revenue i include all the SPFL central contract stuff)

Decent people don't want to mix with Old Firm supporters, Sevco supporters in particular.

Its a horrible experience.

Some things are worth more than money.

Its been said about this board before... They know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.

Get your 'Share &Shame' comments up on social media, share the club statement on facebook & twitter, add your comment get far flung fuds, friends aunties, grannies and the wider football fan public to Share &Shame too!

Edited by Lord Pityme

There would have been a very easy/cynical way for the board to avoid the uproar.

Announce what they did this morning but add that the extra income will be ringfenced and used to provide first class facilities for disabled fans.

Its been said about this board before... They know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.

Get your 'Share &Shame' comments up on social media, share the club statement on facebook & twitter, add your comment get far flung fuds, friends aunties, grannies and the wider football fan public to Share &Shame too!

And tag the saints twitter account in every tweet

There would have been a very easy/cynical way for the board to avoid the uproar.

Announce what they did this morning but add that the extra income will be ringfenced and used to provide first class facilities for disabled fans.

Alternatively, it would have been easier to just have blamed Cheesy.

Decent people don't want to mix with Old Firm supporters, Sevco supporters in particular.

Its a horrible experience.

Some things are worth more than money.

Indeed my daughter was traumatised enough at the first game of the Season.

Wont be going this time.

Not making her walk from Car Park alongside sectarian f**kwits again.

Or trying to explain why there are f**king morons sitting in our safe Family Stand seats.

I'm amazed that SMiSA and/or The Fans Council were not consulted about this in advance and asked for their thoughts.

I'm sure in the interests of the "business" this is a sound financial move, but the communication of it and the lack of apparent thought to the long term impact of the decision leavesa a bad taste in the mouth IMO.

I'm with Stu above. If they had said they were going to do this, and it meant upgrading the disabled fans facilities, and/or maybe an extra player on the budget for next season, or freezing season ticket pricing, or something like that, then I'm sure a lot of fans would have been more forgiving.

As it is, they are basically blaming the police for making them take the decision and telling the fans in the South Stand to either put up with it, or don't go.

It's not really a positive message to send to your youngest fans and their families.

It's very easy to complain about this, but the board have a club to run and with wages and bills to pay. The last few months, there's usually been just over 2,000 home fans at games. Strip out season ticket holders and actual cash taken at games must be horrifically low.

If this extra cash is the difference between wages or bills being paid or not then it makes sense rather than having empty seats. Having your seat moved for one game is a minor inconvenience, if that.

I also don't think this is the first time this has happened. I'm sure a section of the Main Stand was given over to away fans once?

And going back to the days at Love Street, thousands of OF fans got allocated the home end behind the goals at every visit, not just season ending games.

I'm amazed that SMiSA and/or The Fans Council were not consulted about this in advance and asked for their thoughts.

I'm sure in the interests of the "business" this is a sound financial move, but the communication of it and the lack of apparent thought to the long term impact of the decision leavesa a bad taste in the mouth IMO.

I'm with Stu above. If they had said they were going to do this, and it meant upgrading the disabled fans facilities, and/or maybe an extra player on the budget for next season, or freezing season ticket pricing, or something like that, then I'm sure a lot of fans would have been more forgiving.

As it is, they are basically blaming the police for making them take the decision and telling the fans in the South Stand to either put up with it, or don't go.

It's not really a positive message to send to your youngest fans and their families.

There is the decision itself, then the cack handed delivery of it. PR has never been a strength of the current BoD, but this smacks of utter disregard. I' mon afraid they are not remotely interested in what the likes of you and me might think, just so long as we continue to slavishly roll up and pay our entrance fee.

I remember the last league game of the 86 /87 season, at ibrox, a rangers title party, the week before the cup final. A lot of saints fans sold their tickets as it was a meaningless game for us, and made a few quid. I still went, didn't miss a game that cup winning season.

If the game on 30th April is meaningless for us, I won't be there. Totally sickened by this decision.

will be interesting to see what they both say and how independent of the Board it sounds, bearing in mind one was set up by the board and the other is in negotiation with them

It's very easy to complain about this, but the board have a club to run and with wages and bills to pay. The last few months, there's usually been just over 2,000 home fans at games. Strip out season ticket holders and actual cash taken at games must be horrifically low.

If this extra cash is the difference between wages or bills being paid or not then it makes sense rather than having empty seats. Having your seat moved for one game is a minor inconvenience, if that.

I also don't think this is the first time this has happened. I'm sure a section of the Main Stand was given over to away fans once?

And going back to the days at Love Street, thousands of OF fans got allocated the home end behind the goals at every visit, not just season ending games.

The North Stand was the official away end at LS. Away supporters were never housed in the South (or Family) stand,to my knowledge.

As to your other arguments, if the club has left itself in a position whereby it has to pull a stunt like this in order to make ends meet, then the people in charge ought to having a word with themselves.

The business decision is sound mate, I don't think anyone disagrees that the club will make more money by doing this than by not doing it.

Had they explained the difference it might make to the club going forward then that might have helped persuade people that it was worth it.

They haven't though. They've basically said "the police made us do this so blame them". It's a pretty piss poor statement about something that was always going to piss off the most loyal St.Mirren fans.

The North Stand was the official away end at LS. Away supporters were never housed in the South (or Family) stand,to my knowledge.

As to your other arguments, if the club has left itself in a position whereby it has to pull a stunt like this in order to make ends meet, then the people in charge ought to having a word with themselves.

I was thinking back to pre-seating days. The entire Love Street end was cordoned off for OF fans at every visit. This sort of thing is nothing new.

The board will have set a budget based on expected attendances. I doubt anyone would have thought our home turnouts would have ended up so low.