Rangers To Be Given South Stand

i`m struggling to find the right words to describe my feelings, so i dont think i`ll even try.

thumbdown.gif

Why doesnt the club give them the main stand instead & relocate the season ticket holders to the south.

Most of the corporate guests will probably be H*ns anyway & it would look so much better for the TV cameras to be directly facing their beloved bigoted f**kwits en masse.

No bad, 13 minutes, I had money on 5. laugh.png

That's their opinion and they are entitled to it, I have emailed the club (pointless though it may be, as they did not reply to my last email) i have not had any reply from them as yet, they seem to pick and choose who to reply to these days, going by the fact that you have had such a quick response i would expect the same.

What will stop opposition fans from buying tickets in any area of the ground never mind the south stand, are they all going to just buy tickets for the south stand - very thoughtful of them if that was their intention. But in reality they will not be so thoughtful and that reason given by Mr Gilmour is as poor as the decision to sell out to them in the first place.

That's their opinion and they are entitled to it, I have emailed the club (pointless though it may be, as they did not reply to my last email) i have not had any reply from them as yet, they seem to pick and choose who to reply to these days, going by the fact that you have had such a quick response i would expect the same.

What will stop opposition fans from buying tickets in any area of the ground never mind the south stand, are they all going to just buy tickets for the south stand - very thoughtful of them if that was their intention. But in reality they will not be so thoughtful and that reason given by Mr Gilmour is as poor as the decision to sell out to them in the first place.

You are spot on. When allowed to "come on down" Rangers fans clogged up the City of Manchester never mind a wee lego stadium on their doorstep. This fixture should have been carefully policed and visitor numbers restricted by proper use of ticket sales. This is a recipe for disaster. I hope Saints fans give it a miss for their own safety.

Stewart sits there.

I tweeted him earlier to ask if he would be relinquishing his seat (all in it together, etc....). No response, needless to say. To be honest, it would be best all round if he relinquished his seat in the boardroom.

But only because nobody will sit with you through choice now Stuart. See what being arguementative for the sake of it does!

:P

Do you know, strangely, that's not the truth at all. I doubt they actually know who i am but I can't remember the last time I was at a game at any club where I didn't have at least one stranger trying to strike up some sort of conversation. It used to be a bit of an ongoing joke with my mates....if there was some sad loner anywhere at an event I'd draw them in. Even at the Scotland v Poland match a while back I had a Polish supporter I couldn't shake off. He didn't even have a ticket for a seat close by and he resisted loads of attempts by stewards to shift him to stay there too. At one point he was taking selfies with me and he had me talking on his phone to his wife....

Talking of sad loners has anyone got a picture of Oaksoft, Shull and that Slarti idiot so I can avoid them at all costs

The fact that you even have to ask this speaks volumes.

Guess what - I don't always operate on the basis that everything has to be about me.

You should try it sometime. You might be surprised to find that it can be quite rewarding.

It's not about me either. If there are 8000 people wanting to see the match why exclude them? Let them all in. If it was Raith Rovers bringing a huge support there would barely be a complaint. The reason this has Saints Fans foaming at the mouth is its cause it's "Rangers".

It's not about me either. If there are 8000 people wanting to see the match why exclude them? Let them all in. If it was Raith Rovers bringing a huge support there would barely be a complaint. The reason this has Saints Fans foaming at the mouth is its cause it's "Rangers".

No it isn't. They were liquidated.

It is The Rangers

Doesn't bother me

It could be the difference in securing another new player for next season

Exactly the shite Gilmour wants you to believe.

This is 100% about him sucking up to the new club in the same way he did with Green and McCoist before "armageddon"!

The cash we are talking about wouldn't even fund a Mo Camara!

Indeed the reality of these things is that very few people (and certainly not enough to make the board change their mind) actually follow through on their threats.

It takes a long time for a real protest to build as indeed was seen at Rangers. Fans will put up with an awful lot before they gather in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

I agree with what you said about it taking time for a real protest to build but.......

There are already a lot of supporters in the west stand complaining every week about the lack of facilities due to the away fans sitting in the segregated area. We now have the the people who go to the family stand complaining about this latest move, what will be the next decision that pisses off supporters in the main stand or the hospitality guests ?

There was no discussion with the fans or even courtesy of advising us pre-season about the west stand, there has been no discussion with the fans about moving out of the family stand for even one game. The SMiSA bid was lodged weeks ago and seems to have stalled for some unknown reason, there was the temporary rebranding at the start of the season and the problems with the new strips. Perhaps someone from the club should sit down and think about what happened after Gerald Ratner described the product his shops sold as total crap.

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

Email message -

The only stand we have freed up is the family stand for the following reasons, please remember the guys on the Board are trying to do their best for the club as a total entity.

1. We only have just over 200 actual paying Season Ticket Holders in that stand.

2. The actual numbers of these that actually attend Celtic and Rangers games is very low as well.

3. They have all been offered other tickets in either the Main Stand or West Stand for this Match.

4. Given the low numbers of our support in this stand it was anticipated that many Rangers Supporters would try and purchase tickets for this stand, so on a security basis it was best to have our supporters in our stands with fellow St Mirren supporters.

5. It is really important that we try to give Alex Rae the best budget we can to try to get us back into the top league and this is at least another player if not 2 for next season.

I trust from my transparency and quick answer to your e mail you will see the Board are acting in the best interests of the club as a whole.

I look forward to your continued support of our team

Regards

Stewart

In all honesty i hope your reply was along the lines of - "That's not good enough Stewart, those reasons don't stand up and i am also unhappy that you chose not to involve the fans council in a decision that would be a major issue for fans, we are after all supposed to be your link to the fans"

In all honesty i hope your reply was along the lines of - "That's not good enough Stewart, those reasons don't stand up and i am also unhappy that you chose not to involve the fans council in a decision that would be a major issue for fans, we are after all supposed to be your link to the fans"

For the Fans council to appear to know nothing about this in advance or been engaged by the board is nuts

Proper engagement with them and a joint statement giving the reasons would have worked so much better for all concerned

A reply to SGG esq.

1. There are 200 (as you phrase it ) actual paying season ticket holders in the South stand, and then there are all the children and the Panda club whose presence and support you obviously do not value.

2. The actual numbers of these who attend Celtic/Rangers games are low... So you see fit to remove the right they bought to a season ticket to make money from passing trade.

3. We have shunted them off to wherever else, but not the seats they picked and paid hundreds of pounds for so we can make some dosh.

4. Its easier to make more dosh than it is to enforce the stadium rules we insist are necessary in any other game.

5. Now we are desperately trying to come up with a heart-tugging fifth reason why we value a few extra quid over our season ticket holders, their children, families and our continued pretence of being a community club....

I trust it will be no surprise or indeed concern on your part when your total disregard for the people who actually finance the club (we dont get our admission fees repaid like your loans, or indeed are in a position to sell our stake in the club) results in lower attendances, protests and generally besmirching the reputation of ST Mirren Football Club.

Your response to lets be honest a club puppet befits that of a Mr D Trump Esq... Comedy gold

Edited by Lord Pityme

For the Fans council to appear to know nothing about this in advance or been engaged by the board is nuts

Proper engagement with them and a joint statement giving the reasons would have worked so much better for all concerned

SG to rest of board: 'Listen guys, with the flak we took over the Sellik shop sign, before we go breenging in here with taking it up the arse for the other half, I think we should run this past the Fan Council first, see if they can sweeten up the keyboard warriors and soften the language, what do you all think?'

Board: 'What's the Fan Council?'

SG: 'Christ almighty, the group we set up to ease the flow of communication between us and them, you know, the knickerwetters'.

Board: 'I thought they were for golf days and bands in tents in the car park'.

SG: 'No, no, no, fcuk sake guys. Wake up.'

Aye but he bought them a bar, so there no gonnae rock the boat?

I really don't get people who are saying it's good business.

I've got a shop, and the first rule is look after the people putting the money in the till. That would be like me cancelling or moving a clients appointment because another client spending more money wants in at the same time, even though the client spending more money is unlikely to visit again for a few years.

It's business suicide - all it takes is 50 or so people not to renew their season tickets for two season and there's your 30k.

Doesn't surprise me at all, the fans council just seem to me to be used by the club as an extention of the marketing dept.

The fact this decision was made without even running it past the fans council says all you need to know about their place within the club and the attitude held by the board.