Saintgaz

Rangers To Be Given South Stand

To suggest this is down to Stuart Gilmour "rolling over" for this big boys is absurd, baseless and offensive

I'm afraid it is most certainly none of the above. It is not without precedent, and I can tell you that from direct personal experience.

And what's to stop the blue mob from buying tickets for the other stands?

Well, exactly!

I don't think I've been to a single Rangers or Celtic match at the new stadium but when I was a regular at Love Street I can't remember a single occasion, after seats were put in, where there wasn't at least one Rangers fan in close proximity to where I was sitting and they weren't afraid to show it either.

The board is guilty of appallingly bad PR; of taking their own fans for granted and of patronising anyone questioning the decision they took without consultation but they've been guilty of all of that for at least 17 years now. Why anyone would be even remotely surprised that they'd grab cash rather than care about their customers is beyond me. However the fans also need to work out what is important to them. Is it more important to deny other football fans the chance to pay their admission to sit in seats that would be otherwise empty? Is it really that important to stop kids and adults from enjoying the facilities at St Mirren Park just because they happen to be supporting "Rangers"? Is it more important that they protect a rather pathetic notion that a particular seat "belongs" to them when clearly it doesn't?

'fess up lads. What is really bothering you here? And would you really be quite so bothered if it was Hibs, Falkirk or Queen of the South in the same position? Would YOU really want to deny a father of one of those clubs the opportunity to take their son to see their team win promotion?

And whilst I'm at it can I point out that whilst I also appear to be defending the side of the board of directors here I have absolutely no time whatsoever for any of those protagonists. Scottish Football in general would be massively better off if the game got rid of Chairmen who can't see beyond the end of their nose. Gilmour should f**k off......but not because of this. He should have been hounded out of the club back on Armageddon night along with his fellow protagonists.

Drew,

Where do you think the money will go?

Every penny in, goes out. Not sure where you think the money will be spent

They are trying to butter people up by suggesting it will go straight into Rae's player budget. I'm not buying that, and, as I have said previously, if the club is at the point that it is relying on approx £35K from this stunt to manage day to day financing, then it is being severely mismanaged.

For years we have seen st holders shoved off their seats for these games. I always had sympathy for those affected in the west stand but accepted there was a degree of logic in it and it kept their fans all at one end easing policing. But this beggars belief. Both ends. A total disgrace and two fingers to those in family stand. Don't care what is at stake in the game, this is a step too far for the board and just greed. I am seriously thinking of not going.

Like the majority of clubs in Scotland right now , we're skint .

To be honest , I don't think we could have turned down .

You've just got look at how cheap we let Kenny McLean go for .

The club obviously need it .

Like the majority of clubs in Scotland right now , we're skint .

To be honest , I don't think we could have turned down .

You've just got look at how cheap we let Kenny McLean go for .

The club obviously need it .

Turned what down?

How much are you talking about precisely?

For years we have seen st holders shoved off their seats for these games. I always had sympathy for those affected in the west stand but accepted there was a degree of logic in it and it kept their fans all at one end easing policing. But this beggars belief. Both ends. A total disgrace and two fingers to those in family stand. Don't care what is at stake in the game, this is a step too far for the board and just greed. I am seriously thinking of not going.

It used to happen all the time. One of the other posts on this very thread mentioned it. At Love Street St Mirren fans were once asked to move up in the North Bank to allow Celtic fans who were in the Love Street end of the stadium the opportunity to shelter from the downpour that was going on at the time. The very reason there were gates between the North Bank and the Love Street end was so St Mirren could put Old Firm fans into that terrace as well as having them in the Caledonian Street end.

What exactly do you fear might happen from having "Rangers" fans at both ends of the ground separated by two stand loads of St Mirren supporters? If your worried about crowd trouble then please tell me how you propose segregating fans on public transport in and out of Paisley, how you propose to stop fans mixing outside of the stadium and how you propose to get "Rangers" fans into the South stand without them having to walk past St Mirren fans in the car park.

They are trying to butter people up by suggesting it will go straight into Rae's player budget. I'm not buying that, and, as I have said previously, if the club is at the point that it is relying on approx £35K from this stunt to manage day to day financing, then it is being severely mismanaged.

So where will it go? If it goes to day to day running costs then that's £35k we don't need to take from Raes budget

Ultimately every penny in will directly or indirectly affect Raes budget.

I'm not defending or agreeing with what's happening, I've earlier stated I won't be going.

However suggesting the extra money won't be added to the wage budget (again, directly or indirectly) is quite clearly wrong.

Well, exactly!

I don't think I've been to a single Rangers or Celtic match at the new stadium but when I was a regular at Love Street I can't remember a single occasion, after seats were put in, where there wasn't at least one Rangers fan in close proximity to where I was sitting and they weren't afraid to show it either.

The board is guilty of appallingly bad PR; of taking their own fans for granted and of patronising anyone questioning the decision they took without consultation but they've been guilty of all of that for at least 17 years now. Why anyone would be even remotely surprised that they'd grab cash rather than care about their customers is beyond me. However the fans also need to work out what is important to them. Is it more important to deny other football fans the chance to pay their admission to sit in seats that would be otherwise empty? Is it really that important to stop kids and adults from enjoying the facilities at St Mirren Park just because they happen to be supporting "Rangers"? Is it more important that they protect a rather pathetic notion that a particular seat "belongs" to them when clearly it doesn't?

'fess up lads. What is really bothering you here? And would you really be quite so bothered if it was Hibs, Falkirk or Queen of the South in the same position? Would YOU really want to deny a father of one of those clubs the opportunity to take their son to see their team win promotion?

And whilst I'm at it can I point out that whilst I also appear to be defending the side of the board of directors here I have absolutely no time whatsoever for any of those protagonists. Scottish Football in general would be massively better off if the game got rid of Chairmen who can't see beyond the end of their nose. Gilmour should f**k off......but not because of this. He should have been hounded out of the club back on Armageddon night along with his fellow protagonists.

The issue most people have is that they consider these two Glasgow clubs supporters as SCUM.

Don't give me any of this "ach it's only a minority".

They sing their songs of hatred. They wave banners and hold scarves aloft that have sectarian messages written across them or reference battles that took place in another country hundreds of years ago.

In my lifetime that particular club have been involved in pitched battles and riots across Scotland, England and Europe.

Did either of them receive a ban from SFA for the 1989 Hampden riot? No.

What about the riots in Birmingham in the 70s. Anglo Scottish Cup riots in the 80s.

What sanctions were applied by the SFA as a result of their behaviour in Manchester?

Diddly Fecking Squat.

They are SCUM.

They always have been and they will continue to behave they way they have always known. We are the people. Scum more like. That's why most people don't want them anywhere near our ground. That's why many fans of our club don't bring their kids to see this mob in town.

If it was Hibs, Falkirk or QOTS requesting additional tickets I don't think there would be the same arguments as none of those teams have been involved in as much HATRED, SECTARIAN, BIGOTRY as these CNUTS.

It used to happen all the time. One of the other posts on this very thread mentioned it. At Love Street St Mirren fans were once asked to move up in the North Bank to allow Celtic fans who were in the Love Street end of the stadium the opportunity to shelter from the downpour that was going on at the time. The very reason there were gates between the North Bank and the Love Street end was so St Mirren could put Old Firm fans into that terrace as well as having them in the Caledonian Street end.

What exactly do you fear might happen from having "Rangers" fans at both ends of the ground separated by two stand loads of St Mirren supporters? If your worried about crowd trouble then please tell me how you propose segregating fans on public transport in and out of Paisley, how you propose to stop fans mixing outside of the stadium and how you propose to get "Rangers" fans into the South stand without them having to walk past St Mirren fans in the car park.

Stuart... In the game you refer to as a rather odd defence of your patantly antagonistic stance... Can you explain why I was at the game and in the Love Street end with a Celtic supporting friend... but removed by the police and told to go to the North stand "for my own safety"... Only to be asked to budge up and let the Celtic fans in beside us out of the rain?

Rangers fans at both ends... What could go wrong?

Myself and a 15 year old were surrounded and jostled... Baited into a response they didn't get... By a group of these people two seasons ago... Simply because we were walking in the opposite direction with our heads don and they are aparantly people!

Don't be such a simplistic prick... It undermines the good points you make when not being bitter!

The issue most people have is that they consider these two Glasgow clubs supporters as SCUM.

They sing their songs of hatred. They wave banners and hold scarves aloft that have sectarian messages written across them or reference battles that took place in another country hundreds of years ago.

In my lifetime that particular club have been involved in pitched battles and riots across Scotland, England and Europe.

What about the riots in Birmingham in the 70s. Anglo Scottish Cup riots in the 80s.

What sanctions were applied by the SFA as a result of their behaviour in Manchester?

Diddly Fecking Squat.

They are SCUM.

They always have been and they will continue to behave they way they have always known. We are the people. Scum more like. That's why most people don't want them anywhere near our ground. That's why many fans of our club don't bring their kids to see this mob in town.

If it was Hibs, Falkirk or QOTS requesting additional tickets I don't think there would be the same arguments as none of those teams have been involved in as much HATRED, SECTARIAN, BIGOTRY as these CNUTS.

So are they a new club or not Slash?

I won't give you anything when it comes to "Rangers" but it wasn't so long ago the same Chairman won support amongst St Mirren fans for keeping this very club in as high a league position as possible because without them they might have to let a lassie in the ticket office go.

Diddly Fecking Squat.

They are SCUM.

If it was Hibs Falkirk or the Doonhamers, then like Thistle, I'd share the stand and mix freely.

I am not even being given that opportunity.

I am NOT precious about a seat... But I bought a season ticket for that stand for a reason... and will not remain silent whilst being taken for granted!

I can't believe this decision by the board, what happened to SG rejoicing in Rangers being demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football. Am I imagining that day at SMP when he made reference to their demise occurring on the 12th of July!!!!

I won't give you anything when it comes to "Rangers" but it wasn't so long ago the same Chairman won support amongst St Mirren fans for keeping this very club in as high a league position as possible because without them they might have to let a lassie in the ticket office go.

He did NOT win support... He was shot down in flames and conceded to the pressure applied by the fans!

I can't believe this decision by the board, what happened to SG rejoicing in Rangers being demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football. Am I imagining that day at SMP when he made reference to their demise occurring on the 12th of July!!!!

They were not demoted!

As a new club they were admitted.

I remember fans of our club who were with their kids being goaded and encouraged to fight immediately after the 2010 cup final by so called supporters of the Rangers FC.

Their club had not even lifted the trophy at that stage.

Now why would anyone consider that normal behaviour?

Did I mention anything about new club in this post? I don't think so.

Their fan don't believe they are a new club and neither do their owners.

Personally I don't need get involved in any OC/NC debate.

I normally enjoy the last day of the season at St Mirren as it gives the chance for young supporters to wait behind and cheer on their heroes. Can't see that happening this year. More likely the blue hordes will invade the pitch.

'One town, one team' is the slogan I believe, but apparently only when it suits to promote us that way. If it were true this decision should've been done by vote from those season ticket holders in the south stand, put all the facts on the table and allow us supporters to make the call and feel valued. Gilmour should be looking after his loyal customers, us. I'm absolutely sickened by this.

So where will it go? If it goes to day to day running costs then that's £35k we don't need to take from Raes budget

Ultimately every penny in will directly or indirectly affect Raes budget.

I'm not defending or agreeing with what's happening, I've earlier stated I won't be going.

However suggesting the extra money won't be added to the wage budget (again, directly or indirectly) is quite clearly wrong.

There is more to running a professional football club in the 21st century than getting a squad of dopey players on the park.

Our clubs official website is a cobbled together Wordpress effort that has not been redesigned for at least six years and clearly fan/customer communication is a major issue. There are issues with the stadium, PA system, branding, disabled access, general fan engagement, etc.

We need to think of the bigger issues of fan involvement, stadium improvements, social media, etc to take the club forward. Current BOD are not up to it. Think people within the fan base could do a better job.

Stuart... In the game you refer to as a rather odd defence of your patantly antagonistic stance... Can you explain why I was at the game and in the Love Street end with a Celtic supporting friend... but removed by the police and told to go to the North stand "for my own safety"... Only to be asked to budge up and let the Celtic fans in beside us out of the rain?

Rangers fans at both ends... What could go wrong?

Myself and a 15 year old were surrounded and jostled... Baited into a response they didn't get... By a group of these people two seasons ago... Simply because we were walking in the opposite direction with our heads don and they are aparantly people!

Don't be such a simplistic prick... It undermines the good points you make when not being bitter!

I'm hardly being simplistic. I'm just pointing out that there is a bit of an over reaction on here today.

I'd love nothing better than to join in with the outcry. Down with the board. Sack that bastard Gilmour. You know I'd love nothing more than that. But I'm not going to be a hypocrite. I've always said season ticket holders should not be able to reserve a seat, and I've always said that segregation should be scrapped. You've often agreed with me. So how can I possibly decry a decision that sees the club scrap the right to reserve a seat whilst offering affected season ticket holders the benefit of a free upgrade to a better seat.

I want to see kids flocking to football stadiums in Scotland full of the joys and wonder of what should be a fantastic football experience. What many on here want to do is they want to put barriers in place to stop some fathers enjoying the experience of seeing their team win promotion whilst in the company of their child and as has now been admitted by a few the, somewhat pathetic reason to put those barriers in place is because we don't like the team they support.

You and your 15 year old were jostled outside the stadium when fans were not sat at both ends of the stadium. I sympathise with your experience, but FFS Brian, its totally irrelevant here.

WTF? Really? You are definitely imagining that bullshit. Gilmour was the man tearing into the SFL Chairmen who had voted to put "Rangers" into the Fourth Teir of Scottish Football and decried the decision as something that would put 6 or 7 clubs, at least, into administration.

http://www.scotzine.com/2012/07/the-hypocrisy-of-st-mirren-chairman-stewart-gilmour/

Rejoicing my f**king arse. Some St Mirren fans just can't help themselves when they try to rewrite this sorry period in history!

Edited by Stuart Dickson