Rangers To Be Given South Stand

So are they a new club or not Slash?

I won't give you anything when it comes to "Rangers" but it wasn't so long ago the same Chairman won support amongst St Mirren fans for keeping this very club in as high a league position as possible because without them they might have to let a lassie in the ticket office go.

He did NOT win support... He was shot down in flames and conceded to the pressure applied by the fans!

I can't believe this decision by the board, what happened to SG rejoicing in Rangers being demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football. Am I imagining that day at SMP when he made reference to their demise occurring on the 12th of July!!!!

They were not demoted!

As a new club they were admitted.

'One town, one team' is the slogan I believe, but apparently only when it suits to promote us that way. If it were true this decision should've been done by vote from those season ticket holders in the south stand, put all the facts on the table and allow us supporters to make the call and feel valued. Gilmour should be looking after his loyal customers, us. I'm absolutely sickened by this.

So where will it go? If it goes to day to day running costs then that's £35k we don't need to take from Raes budget

Ultimately every penny in will directly or indirectly affect Raes budget.

I'm not defending or agreeing with what's happening, I've earlier stated I won't be going.

However suggesting the extra money won't be added to the wage budget (again, directly or indirectly) is quite clearly wrong.

There is more to running a professional football club in the 21st century than getting a squad of dopey players on the park.

Our clubs official website is a cobbled together Wordpress effort that has not been redesigned for at least six years and clearly fan/customer communication is a major issue. There are issues with the stadium, PA system, branding, disabled access, general fan engagement, etc.

We need to think of the bigger issues of fan involvement, stadium improvements, social media, etc to take the club forward. Current BOD are not up to it. Think people within the fan base could do a better job.

Stuart... In the game you refer to as a rather odd defence of your patantly antagonistic stance... Can you explain why I was at the game and in the Love Street end with a Celtic supporting friend... but removed by the police and told to go to the North stand "for my own safety"... Only to be asked to budge up and let the Celtic fans in beside us out of the rain?

Rangers fans at both ends... What could go wrong?

Myself and a 15 year old were surrounded and jostled... Baited into a response they didn't get... By a group of these people two seasons ago... Simply because we were walking in the opposite direction with our heads don and they are aparantly people!

Don't be such a simplistic prick... It undermines the good points you make when not being bitter!

I'm hardly being simplistic. I'm just pointing out that there is a bit of an over reaction on here today.

I'd love nothing better than to join in with the outcry. Down with the board. Sack that bastard Gilmour. You know I'd love nothing more than that. But I'm not going to be a hypocrite. I've always said season ticket holders should not be able to reserve a seat, and I've always said that segregation should be scrapped. You've often agreed with me. So how can I possibly decry a decision that sees the club scrap the right to reserve a seat whilst offering affected season ticket holders the benefit of a free upgrade to a better seat.

I want to see kids flocking to football stadiums in Scotland full of the joys and wonder of what should be a fantastic football experience. What many on here want to do is they want to put barriers in place to stop some fathers enjoying the experience of seeing their team win promotion whilst in the company of their child and as has now been admitted by a few the, somewhat pathetic reason to put those barriers in place is because we don't like the team they support.

You and your 15 year old were jostled outside the stadium when fans were not sat at both ends of the stadium. I sympathise with your experience, but FFS Brian, its totally irrelevant here.

I can't believe this decision by the board, what happened to SG rejoicing in Rangers being demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football. Am I imagining that day at SMP when he made reference to their demise occurring on the 12th of July!!!!

WTF? Really? You are definitely imagining that bullshit. Gilmour was the man tearing into the SFL Chairmen who had voted to put "Rangers" into the Fourth Teir of Scottish Football and decried the decision as something that would put 6 or 7 clubs, at least, into administration.

http://www.scotzine.com/2012/07/the-hypocrisy-of-st-mirren-chairman-stewart-gilmour/

Rejoicing my f**king arse. Some St Mirren fans just can't help themselves when they try to rewrite this sorry period in history!

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Did I mention anything about new club in this post? I don't think so.

Their fan don't believe they are a new club and neither do their owners.

Personally I don't need get involved in any OC/NC debate.

I normally enjoy the last day of the season at St Mirren as it gives the chance for young supporters to wait behind and cheer on their heroes. Can't see that happening this year. More likely the blue hordes will invade the pitch.

And hopefully get punished for it, particularly since Motherwell were censured recently for their fans "celebrating" against "Rangers" after the play off final last year.

The minute the fixture list came out and St Mirren were penned in to play Rangers in the last match of the season the idea that kids would be hanging around after full time to cheer their heroes was long blown out of the window. Rangers were always likely to be the side being promoted this year. I can't imagine anything worse than hanging around after full time to watch them celebrate but each to their own I guess.

I'm hardly being simplistic. I'm just pointing out that there is a bit of an over reaction on here today.

I'd love nothing better than to join in with the outcry. Down with the board. Sack that bastard Gilmour. You know I'd love nothing more than that. But I'm not going to be a hypocrite. I've always said season ticket holders should not be able to reserve a seat, and I've always said that segregation should be scrapped. You've often agreed with me. So how can I possibly decry a decision that sees the club scrap the right to reserve a seat whilst offering affected season ticket holders the benefit of a free upgrade to a better seat.

I want to see kids flocking to football stadiums in Scotland full of the joys and wonder of what should be a fantastic football experience. What many on here want to do is they want to put barriers in place to stop some fathers enjoying the experience of seeing their team win promotion whilst in the company of their child and as has now been admitted by a few the, somewhat pathetic reason to put those barriers in place is because we don't like the team they support.

You and your 15 year old were jostled outside the stadium when fans were not sat at both ends of the stadium. I sympathise with your experience, but FFS Brian, its totally irrelevant here.

So the family stand and kids club are basically suspended for a match.. and you approve despite supporting kids flocking to stadiums?

Hypocrite!

We were jostled and abused when simply passing them by which we would have to do again.

Totally relevant.

Still being a prick for the sake of it Stuart... Only increased in scale to a hypocritical prick!

He did NOT win support... He was shot down in flames and conceded to the pressure applied by the fans!

No he wasn't. Only Drew and I voted him down in the boardroom. And out of the stands - where I wasn't present - it was reported he won the backing of the St Mirren support there too.

I can understand why people want to rewrite history but it was only 4 years ago. It's very fresh in my mind, and there's wall to wall coverage on the internet of exactly what Gilmours views were at the time. He didn't hold back when criticising the SFL Chairmen for having the balls to do what the SPL didn't.

Absolutely disgusted with this. Yet again we the fans are being disregarded and I'm sorry but Chairmans excuses don't convince me otherwise. This will be the first home game I've ever missed other than when I've been ill,which has been very rare in 48 years, but I'll be sitting at home that day. Shameful decision.

No he wasn't. Only Drew and I voted him down in the boardroom. And out of the stands - where I wasn't present - it was reported he won the backing of the St Mirren support there too.

I can understand why people want to rewrite history but it was only 4 years ago. It's very fresh in my mind, and there's wall to wall coverage on the internet of exactly what Gilmours views were at the time. He didn't hold back when criticising the SFL Chairmen for having the balls to do what the SPL didn't.

Shite Stuart... 100% fabrication to suit your own warped view.

I was there too.

I objected.

There was an unsavoury silent response... That does not equate to support unless you have an agenda.

YOU are the one reinventing history here!

So the family stand and kids club are basically suspended for a match.. and you approve despite supporting kids flocking to stadiums?

Hypocrite!

We were jostled and abused when simply passing them by which we would have to do again.

Totally relevant.

Still being a prick for the sake of it Stuart... Only increased in scale to a hypocritical prick!

Rubbish. As I pointed out earlier Brian if it wasn't for the ridiculous notion of reserved seating the family section could have been relocated to absolutely any part of the stadium, including the centre of the West Stand or even the Main Stand if so desired. I'm very deliberately not being hypocritical when there is a very clear opportunity for me to have a kick at the very people responsible for destroying my love of a football club.

You are going to have to pass Rangers fans regardless of what or how many ends they are allocated Brian. Whilst I share you annoyance at people who don't know how to behave at football matches, obviously, it has no relevance in this thread.

Shite Stuart... 100% fabrication to suit your own warped view.

I was there too.

I objected.

There was an unsavoury silent response... That does not equate to support unless you have an agenda.

YOU are the one reinventing history here!

Explain this then Brian

http://stv.tv/sport/football/110905-st-mirren-boss-blasts-catastrophic-vote-to-send-rangers-to-division-3/

My memory is absolutely fine. Gilmour certainly did not rejoice the demise of Rangers. Nor did he have his backside handed to him by St Mirren fans either at the meeting I was at, or in the stands in the address that followed. If I remember correctly you weren't even in the boardroom that day anyway so how can you comment? There was a clear show of hands in the boardroom. The show of hands most definitely equated to support no matter how you look at it. Only Drew and I were against.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Rubbish. As I pointed out earlier Brian if it wasn't for the ridiculous notion of reserved seating the family section could have been relocated to absolutely any part of the stadium, including the centre of the West Stand or even the Main Stand if so desired. I'm very deliberately not being hypocritical when there is a very clear opportunity for me to have a kick at the very people responsible for destroying my love of a football club.

You are going to have to pass Rangers fans regardless of what or how many ends they are allocated Brian. Whilst I share you annoyance at people who don't know how to behave at football matches, obviously, it has no relevance in this thread.

This is not about a seat.

You know I agree with you there and I appreciate you eventually coming round to supporting my forward looking point of view!

You use deflection beautifully...

You support kids attending matches.... And support the BoD in doing away with. Akids club and seating area for the last game of the season!

As I said... unchallenged...

Hypocrite!

Edited by BuddieinEK

Very disappointed with this decision the board have made on behalf of the club. It's actually quite embarrassing, will be more like a Rangers home game as they are taking over OUR stadium.

This decision was definitely on the cards, in fact we've discussed this very scenario unfolding on a thread a few months back.

I know that we need every penny that we can get but filling the home of St. Mirren with sectarian morons on the last game of the season, will leave a very bad taste in the mouth of most fans all close season... Especially after such a shite season on the park.

A statement that is so so true: "money doesn't buy happiness" I guess the board will soon find this out.

This scenario could only get worse if the last game of the season ends up being a meaningful game....

This is not about a seat.

You know I agree with you there and I appreciate you eventually coming round to supporting my firward looking point of view!

You use deflection beautifully...

You support kids attending matches.... And support the BoD in doing away with. Akids club and seating area for the last game of the season!

As I said... unchallenged...

Hypocrite!

There is a simple solution to that. Scrap reserved seating for all season ticket holders for that game and put the kids club in the centre of the West Stand. Everyone happy now?

I'm no hypocrite Brian. I'm being utterly consistent. I wish others could be too. :rolleyes:

There is a simple solution to that. Scrap reserved seating for all season ticket holders for that game and put the kids club in the centre of the West Stand. Everyone happy now?

I'm no hypocrite Brian. I'm being utterly consistent. I wish others could be too. :rolleyes:

You defend this decision which will affect kids.

Hypocrite in denial!

You defend this decision which will affect kids.

Hypocrite in denial!

Listen, you say it's not about a seat, yet earlier in the thread you claimed that if segregation was scrapped and Rangers fans sat around you you'd happily buy them a pie and a bovril.

I've not called for the scrapping of a kids club anywhere. I'd challenge you to show me where I've done that. I've simply stuck to my principles and my consistent argument that there should be no reserved seating for season ticket holders. If there was no reserved seating there would have been absolutely no problem.

I'll happily beat up the board of directors on a great many issues, indeed I have done so on so many occasions some on here think I'm blinkered to anything good that the board are doing - yet in this very thread I've proved them all wrong. The board haven't got the decision to allocate the North Stand to "Rangers" fans wrong - if anything the problem dates back to the point of moving stadiums when they had an opportunity to change the way season tickets operated to scrap reserved seating and the useless bastards bottled it.

As a kid, when you watched Scooby Doo, at the end, did you think old man Jenkins from the scary amusement park said 'I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that pesky reserved seating....

Again, can you please, please, in the name of fcuk, when mentioning for the one-millionth time that you 'voted down' Gilmour in the boardroom that night, why do you never ever mention the scenario we were asked to consider at the show of hands? Gilmour asked us if we would still refuse to 'go easy' on Rangers if it meant people working for St Mirren losing their jobs. This is the sole reason I reluctantly (and I suspect others there were in the same boat) changed their stance. We would change our view if it meant people we knew by name being made redundant.

You resolutely fail to mention this any time you paint yourself as some sort of unwavering hammer of the cheating h u n.

Utterly tedious fcuking bore.

Listen, you say it's not about a seat, yet earlier in the thread you claimed that if segregation was scrapped and Rangers fans sat around you you'd happily buy them a pie and a bovril.

I've not called for the scrapping of a kids club anywhere. I'd challenge you to show me where I've done that. I've simply stuck to my principles and my consistent argument that there should be no reserved seating for season ticket holders. If there was no reserved seating there would have been absolutely no problem.

I'll happily beat up the board of directors on a great many issues, indeed I have done so on so many occasions some on here think I'm blinkered to anything good that the board are doing - yet in this very thread I've proved them all wrong. The board haven't got the decision to allocate the North Stand to "Rangers" fans wrong - if anything the problem dates back to the point of moving stadiums when they had an opportunity to change the way season tickets operated to scrap reserved seating and the useless bastards bottled it.

Quell surprise...

Go on smart arse.. Show me where I said I would buy Rangers fans a bovril?

I do believe the offer was open to fans of Hibs and the Doonhamers... somebody else too but not being a pedant like you I really can't be arsed looking back! Certainly NOT Rangers fans.

Jings... Not like you to selectively quote and inaccurately at that!

I didn't say you called for the scrapping of kids clubs.. More selective misquoting.

I said you are supporting the BoD in this decision which WILL affect the kids club.

Do me a favour though... If you cannot respond without fabrication and misquoting, hows about a dignified silence?

I promose not to shout about your sheer hypocrisy! Just this once.