Rangers To Be Given South Stand

It's nothing like that at all. No St Mirren fan "appointment" is being moved or cancelled. They will still see the game at the same time, with arguably a better view. It's the equivalent of you moving a client to a different part of your shop and giving them exactly the same service at exactly the same time while fitting more clients in.

The Family Stand is the perfect place for children with the No Swearing policy.

What now with them getting shifted to the Main or West Stand ?

NOT THE SAME SERVICE

It's nothing like that at all. No St Mirren fan "appointment" is being moved or cancelled. They will still see the game at the same time, with arguably a better view. It's the equivalent of you moving a client to a different part of your shop and giving them exactly the same service at exactly the same time while fitting more clients in.

Why would I want to move a loyal customer elsewhere? It's all about keeping your existing custom happy, I've not seen one South Stand person comment that they are happy about moving.

The long and short of it is :-

a) The league will be over before this game and they will be crowned champions elsewhere

B) It will potentially bring in more revenue for us.

If it is a bit inconvenient for some fans but brings in another £30,000 for the budget for next year, then surely the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

If the club want to save a bit of face they could run a free raffle with some club merchandise for those ticket holders who are inconvenienced.

Pragmatically - I want Rae to have as good a budget for next year as possible. Potentially we'll have Hibs and Killie/Dundee Utd to beat and we need better players in several positions.

Edited by Sweeper07

The comms from the club has been piss poor in the last few years. I totally appreciate the directors are fire fighting every day and have to do what's right for the club, but sometimes they don't do themselves any favours with the way they release information to the fans.

At the end of the day the fans are as important to the club as the directors. The young ones even more so. If you don't have fans you have no club. You just can't keep treating the fans as the arseholes that will come every week regardless of how many times they are shit on.

Getting the comms wrong once can be attributed to poor judgement. Getting it wrong for years is a sign of an out of touch board who have a two finger approach to their customers.

The board at times will be fire fighting however this decision is not based on backs against the wall stuff. The fixture list has been out for months, it was inevitable that this was going to happen, this was discussed long and hard at board meetings. The statement issued by the board and subsequent email basically states that were happy for your support, but the cash is more important to the club that having a backbone.

These scenarios just give ammunition to the old firm to prove that they are the cash cows of Scottish Football and clubs like us should be lucky that they are there to fund us. No wonder the old firm rule the roost when it comes to TV money and distribution of SFA funds when you have clubs like ours and Kilmarnock quite happy to act as the "piss boys" of scottish football.

All the papers saying it's an extra £70,000, which is utter nonsense unless we're bumping up the prices. It's £20 for that game so at 2,000 seats you're talking £40,000 aside from costs etc.

One paper even claiming Rangers will get the trophy at the end of the game, which surely won't happen if they've won the league weeks before.

There are obviously views on both sides of the argument, and I've been thinking about why this has hacked me off so much. For me, this issue just clarifies the 'football is a business' issue.

I completely understand the financial reasons for taking this decision, but the communication from the club has, yet again, been incredibly poor. The communication issue comes up time and time again, and even though we have a Fans Council whose stated role is to improve communication between the club and fans, they weren't consulted on this. That suggests to me that the Board aren't really bothered by fan reaction, and I have an increasing impression that we're there to pay our money and take whatever is going on. I think the Chairman's reported comments of fans as 'knickerwetters' and 'keyboard warriors' at Tommy Craig's Q&A come back to haunt him at times like this, as it could be interpreted as an attitude that prevails in the boardroom.

Football is all about money now, and this is a business decision to bring in more money despite the fact that a proportion of the club's fans will be affected. As a fan, I'm immediately aware that that's a very tricky message for any club to communicate. Why doesn't anyone within the Board or the club in general seem to get that? Particularly when it's one of the Old Firm, who will come to the ground and park where they want, stand, smoke, while we're all stewarded and policed as normal - I will never get my head around the fact that people within a small football ground are stewarded and policed differently depending upon who they support. When the club rented the ground to Celtic in the summer, let them put up their signage and, in my view, made us look a bit of a laughing stock, we were told that the money would get us a couple of extra players. That worked well didn't it, because it's been the second season in a row of watching shambolic performances, so there's no guarantee that we'll see any benefit on the park from the additional money.

I feel an increasing disconnection between the club and myself, and that I'm viewed more as a customer than a fan. Issues like this just add to that feeling. But I understand that other's will see this all as a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

All the papers saying it's an extra £70,000, which is utter nonsense unless we're bumping up the prices. It's £20 for that game so at 2,000 seats you're talking £40,000 aside from costs etc.

One paper even claiming Rangers will get the trophy at the end of the game, which surely won't happen if they've won the league weeks before.

I imagine they are printing a figure provided by the club.

The club can and will seek to justify this decision in any way they choose, but that won't take anything away from the woefully poor way in which the matter has been dealt with by the club.

At the heart of the issue - for me, certainly - is the utter cack handedness of how this has been approached. No consultation, condescending emails, and the all too typical absence of thought for how this might impact on home supporters, and, indeed, how they would be likely to react.

The club is an absolute shambles from a PR perspective, has been for more years than I care to remember.

If one is utterly nonsense, then why wouldn't both be. Besides, I believe trophy will be handed over on their patch before last game.

One pundit on radio Clyde yesterday claimed £60,000.

Unprecedent demand the statement said - now we are saying that Rangers haven't demanded more tickets,

Fund 1 or 2 new players we said - now we know the figures don't stack up. The only way to make them stack up is to twist them to include income from the 2 and a bit stands we are handing over.

In addition to all that we have now been told that Rangers will also have an allocation of the West Bank.

If funding and segregation is so important why don't the board move ALL season ticket holders to the one stand, not sell any other tickets to saints fans and sell all the remaining seats to Rangers fans? After all why should we deny a Rangers fan the chance to see their team.

All this a few days before we could be dragged right back into a relegation battle.

If we draw Celtic in the cup (or even if we get promoted in the future) will we be looking to be similarly accommodating? After all the same logic applies in those circumstances even more so given that season tickets aren't valid for cup games.

Wrong decision - probably

Wrong timing - definitely

Wrong way of doing it - undoubtedly.

There are obviously views on both sides of the argument, and I've been thinking about why this has hacked me off so much. For me, this issue just clarifies the 'football is a business' issue.

I completely understand the financial reasons for taking this decision, but the communication from the club has, yet again, been incredibly poor. The communication issue comes up time and time again, and even though we have a Fans Council whose stated role is to improve communication between the club and fans, they weren't consulted on this. That suggests to me that the Board aren't really bothered by fan reaction, and I have an increasing impression that we're there to pay our money and take whatever is going on. I think the Chairman's reported comments of fans as 'knickerwetters' and 'keyboard warriors' at Tommy Craig's Q&A come back to haunt him at times like this, as it could be interpreted as an attitude that prevails in the boardroom.

Football is all about money now, and this is a business decision to bring in more money despite the fact that a proportion of the club's fans will be affected. As a fan, I'm immediately aware that that's a very tricky message for any club to communicate. Why doesn't anyone within the Board or the club in general seem to get that? Particularly when it's one of the Old Firm, who will come to the ground and park where they want, stand, smoke, while we're all stewarded and policed as normal - I will never get my head around the fact that people within a small football ground are stewarded and policed differently depending upon who they support. When the club rented the ground to Celtic in the summer, let them put up their signage and, in my view, made us look a bit of a laughing stock, we were told that the money would get us a couple of extra players. That worked well didn't it, because it's been the second season in a row of watching shambolic performances, so there's no guarantee that we'll see any benefit on the park from the additional money.

I feel an increasing disconnection between the club and myself, and that I'm viewed more as a customer than a fan. Issues like this just add to that feeling. But I understand that other's will see this all as a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

Amen to that.

Great post.

Guest TPAFKATS

And hopefully get punished for it, particularly since Motherwell were censured recently for their fans "celebrating" against "Rangers" after the play off final last year.

The minute the fixture list came out and St Mirren were penned in to play Rangers in the last match of the season the idea that kids would be hanging around after full time to cheer their heroes was long blown out of the window. Rangers were always likely to be the side being promoted this year. I can't imagine anything worse than hanging around after full time to watch them celebrate but each to their own I guess.

It's our home game, so if that scenario occurs and fans invade the park then St.Mirren FC will be held accountable for events at their ground. Edited by TPAFKATS