Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Since the club know the seat numbers of season ticket holders in the South Stand they could have ran another bring a Buddie day for the last game ,would probably have had a few more turning up as it was the last game of the season and still made a few quid extra ,although not nearly as much but still boosting the home support.

They still can.

It's nothing like that at all. No St Mirren fan "appointment" is being moved or cancelled. They will still see the game at the same time, with arguably a better view. It's the equivalent of you moving a client to a different part of your shop and giving them exactly the same service at exactly the same time while fitting more clients in.

Not the point. The majority of the adults in the south stand are there for a reason. They have kids and are there to ensure those kids don't need to listen to "colourful language" close to their tender ears. The other kids are there because they were allocated seats where they too are distanced from such offences. The club have decided that the no swearing rule is unnecessary because of cash.

It's, at best, short term thinking, or, at worst, ridiculous and absolutely abhorrent to consider cash before the kids they hope will be the next generation of supporters.

I can only hope the furore isn't limited to this or the official forum and the people most affected cause a rumpus.

At St Mirren we actually had fans that fell into line with the Chairmans wishes and who sent him off to the SPL meeting with a mandate from the support to keep Rangers in the top flight

This is not true.

The BoD were arguing that the new club should be permitted direct entry to the then Division One, NOT the SPL.

That is what we were asked for a show of hands on. Both in the boardroom, and the subsequent stunt in the Main Stand.

Edited by Drew

Where they f**k do you get this shite?

St Mirren didn't make a stand against anyone. The only reason "Rangers" were forced to start from the bottom of the pile was because the Chairmen of many of our smallest, poorest and worst supported clubs were prepared to put their business interests and their reputations on the line to uphold justice and fair play in Scottish Football and they did so against the demands of shite hawks like Stuart Gilmour and Martin Johnston.

St Mirren were actually more lilly livered than most because when other club chairmen addressed their fans at meetings they were told in no uncertain terms to vote "Rangers" out of the top leagues, and to try setting up an SPL2 at their peril. At St Mirren we actually had fans that fell into line with the Chairmans wishes and who sent him off to the SPL meeting with a mandate from the support to keep Rangers in the top flight so long as it preserved the ticket office ladies job. Gilmour even had the temerity to phone the press from his foreign holiday to cast aspersions on the SFL Chairmen he claimed had lost their marbles and who were going to put at least 5 SPL clubs into administration with St Mirren "very likely to be the 6th"!

Gilmour should have been hunted, castigated, vilified, ridiculed, despised, and tormented over his ridiculous behaviour at that time as a representative of the club.....but no. Time and time again any critics were told that Gilmour was a safe pair of hands who had saved the club in it's hour of need and who should be trusted completely and absolutely - to appoint Tommy Craig, Gary Teale and Iain Murray as manager I guess. rolleyes.gif

It's utterly bizarre that a decision to upgrade the seats of 200 season ticket holders for one match has led to so much gnashing and wailing when the previous crimes of the board were allowed to pass. The board can resolve this complaint very easily. Announce to all season ticket holders that their seat reservations for the Rangers game have now been cancelled; that the Panda Club and family section will be moved to the centre areas of the Main Stand and the extra cash raised will be earmarked for the facilities for disabled fans.

Well coming rom the King of Merd that's rich.

Finally showing your true colours, a closet Sevco fan and a Tory, wow that's quite a combo

Oh sorry I missed out a total w"nker.

GFY

It used to happen all the time. One of the other posts on this very thread mentioned it. At Love Street St Mirren fans were once asked to move up in the North Bank to allow Celtic fans who were in the Love Street end of the stadium the opportunity to shelter from the downpour that was going on at the time. The very reason there were gates between the North Bank and the Love Street end was so St Mirren could put Old Firm fans into that terrace as well as having them in the Caledonian Street end.

What exactly do you fear might happen from having "Rangers" fans at both ends of the ground separated by two stand loads of St Mirren supporters? If your worried about crowd trouble then please tell me how you propose segregating fans on public transport in and out of Paisley, how you propose to stop fans mixing outside of the stadium and how you propose to get "Rangers" fans into the South stand without them having to walk past St Mirren fans in the car park.

l don't fear the fans being put at both ends. It just further complicates policing which as you point out is already challenging out with the ground. My problem is far more with st holders having to move from a seat they chose for a reason. They invested in the club for the season yet lose out here. Fitzpatrick commented it only affected two hundred but that is almost ten percent of all st holders

I don't like this decision, but I'm not a season ticket holder and I don't go to games against the scum anyway, so it doesn't affect me. However, I find it unbelievable that the BoD can make a complete arse of their PR yet again. And not to even discuss this with the fan's council compounds the mess. Is there nobody in the club at that level with the sense to think these things through?

I have a solution....

Let the fans pick the player we sign with the extra money generated. Run a poll of free agent players and Fitzy needs to sign one of the top 3.

Would be at least be entertaining!

Great idea and when it fails miserably, we can blame the BOD's. Like we always do.

Quote from OS 'Due to the unprecedented demand for ticket requests from Rangers Football Club'

Quote from Tony 'Rangers haven’t asked for these tickets'

Maybe the BOD and the CEO should at least stick to the same story?

There is clearly a breakdown between board and fans council in your opinion which I accept as you will be more in the know than me.

Not sure about how much we will make from

This but if Tony says 60-70k then that's good money. Folk will forget all about the issue by the start of next season and will go back as following saints is what the 2500-3000 fans who go each week do regardless of circumstances.

What's the sense in having 2000 empty seats when we could fill them, yeah it would be great to fill them with buddies but it's not going to happen. 14k who went to hampden have vanished and if they were bothered to come we would me need to sell tickets to these morons

Tony can keep saying 70K and a 2000 seater stand all he likes but he is talking pish and he knows it. South stand hold 1633 and the extra cash to the club from this stand only will be around 30K. The 70K he keeps quoting is the total from all the 3 stands that their fans will be in. Seem to me he is deliberately trying to confuse the fans.

Tony can keep saying 70K and a 2000 seater stand all he likes but he is talking pish and he knows it. South stand hold 1633 and the extra cash to the club from this stand only will be around 30K. The 70K he keeps quoting is the total from all the 3 stands that their fans will be in. Seem to me he is deliberately trying to confuse the fans.

Not a good start treating the support like idiots.

Hope Tony is smart enough to realise he has to do the boards bidding whilst trying to keep the fans onside.

A different tale from Tony to that of the board, "Rangers have not asked for more tickets" not what the board say Tony, also 1643 seats in the family stand, so roughly £33k from tickets at £20 a pop, that then has to be lowered by the extra police and security costs. Between you could you not just give the same story and get the figures right, no compensation offered at the outset, only after the shit hit the fan(s). It has all been very badly handled and while it may make some money, people are already stating they will not go back - false economy at best, loss of trust and support at worst

A different tale from Tony to that of the board, "Rangers have not asked for more tickets" not what the board say Tony, also 1643 seats in the family stand, so roughly £33k from tickets at £20 a pop, that then has to be lowered by the extra police and security costs. Between you could you not just give the same story and get the figures right, no compensation offered at the outset, only after the shit hit the fan(s). It has all been very badly handled and while it may make some money, people are already stating they will not go back - false economy at best, loss of trust and support at worst

Aye if Carlsberg did 'half-arsed leadership, communication and no giving a f**k' this would be it.