Rangers To Be Given South Stand

Yes indeed, how about this one - A controversial decision gets made to extract some cash from the blue lot because it is needed to offset the cost of the cash spent by the club on a slightly less controversial idea of fitting out an area of the stand for a small minority of fans to have a matchday bar, first get it put out as "just a thought" from someone (slight softening of the blow and sets it in peoples minds as a possibility) then drop the bombshell, split your loyal groups into sections, "backers" and "backers with permission to slag the board off a wee bit" send out mixed messages to add confusion, release the contents of an email sent to a nameless disgruntled fan. Have the FC and Fitzy (the backers) announce some compo measures - which makes them look good for negotiating a deal (you and your cronies want out so don't care if you don't come across well and it might actually help get fans to pay towards the pot that will pay you off) then get the "backers with permission to slag the board off a wee bit" to say "well done on giving compo, but think about it more next time" make sure everyone sticks to their script, then exit stage left and leave them all to get on with it.

Some or none of the above may be what went down, i'm not usually into conspiracy theories though, and i have a more pressing problem on my mind. I was left sandwiches AND soup for my lunch today, usually it's just sandwiches - what the hell is she up to ?

All a bit tongue-in-cheek you understand of course, or is it ?

Who the hell could conspire to such a degree to meet their dubious ends.... Oh wait a minute...aye we ken.

I attempted to read this thread from the beginning but began to lose the will to live pretty quickly. I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and YES i will purchase a season ticket next season BUT!!! There is not a chance in hell I'll be attending this match. I usually suffer the games at St Mirren Park against the old firm at because it's our home, but i don't enjoy it. I was already considering giving it a miss because i didn't want to watch them party but to do this to the home support has truly sickened me. We still have a small chance of getting 4th place and to allow this when it might be a game that we need to win is laughable. The BOD at St Mirren really couldn't give a flying fcuk about the fans unless it's to take their hard earned. If a boycott was properly set up i wouldn't have a problem walking out to let the BOD know how we feel as long it wasn't some half arsed attempt where 20 or 30 walk out.

Also! As others have pointed out this will almost certainly be Thommo's last game.... well played BOD.... a stadium full of Rangers fans and a ridiculously low home support... good stuff, well thought out! A St Mirren legend will go out with a whimper because our BOD are shower of greedy barstewards!

Thommo's last game was two seasons agojerry.gif

I'm sure SGG and the Fans Council both said that they had not been involved in any discussion prior to the news release. SGG apologised for not involving the Fans Council. Subsequently the Fans Council work with the club to offer those affected some compensation. Well that is certainly the way I have understood the information shared by the club and the Fans Council.

There is trolling and there is just plain mischief making on your part. Did someone on the Fans Council shit in your porridge or make a unsolicited romantic move on you when your back was turned?

Troll on.......

.......or provide some factual evidence to back up your claims.

I am not taking sides here but would like to point out that the Fans Council knew about the South Stand before the press release (they knew last Saturday and maybe before that). Whether they were consulted or not I do not know.

Edited by Sonny

£10 off a season ticket will cost the club next to nothing as of the 200 affected ST holders how many of them are kids and not paying to renew their ST?

Here is the chance for the club to put down a marker and get some good publicity and arrange with JD to either give the kids in the Family Stand with ST a free t-shirt or training top or a voucher to get a half price 2016/7 St Mirren top.

It's 200 paying season ticket holders in that stand that was quoted, so the actual number affectedwill probably be between 400 and 600 as it's up to 2 kids free with every adult. So somewhere in the region of 2 grand it'll cost

Edited by slapsalmon

Here is the chance for the club to put down a marker and get some good publicity and arrange with JD to either give the kids in the Family Stand with ST a free t-shirt or training top

Shouldn't be an issue for the club, they had plenty of stock in the shop to give some away....

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/search/Celtic

The Rangers gloat has begun. "Some clubs can't fill a dug out. Rangers quite simply are Scottish football. Ready." A view shared by our Chairman.

I'm not normally bothered by the our support is bigger than your support pish but this money at all costs move is completely embarrassing. Let's hope that we are as safe from relegation as the BoD seem to think and the team doesn't need it's 12th man. Possibly the most stupid and short sighted 35 grand the Board has earned.

I love the assumption that a relegation battle game at home would have us filling the stands.

My experience is that it's our away support that stands up to be counted when the chips are down.

I love the assumption that a relegation battle game at home would have us filling the stands.

My experience is that it's our away support that stands up to be counted when the chips are down.

You refer to this as though the home and away supports are distinct entities.

Does the away support not simply consist of a proportion (of varying degree) of the core home support that travels to see the team play? As such, those at the away games would generally be at the home matches anyway?

ETA: in saying that, if you were to suggest that the away crowd for such matches offers a much more vociferous form of support, I would entirely agree on that (based on my experience).

Edited by Drew

Does the away support not simply consist of a proportion (of varying degree) of the core home support that travels to see the team play? As such, those at the away games would generally be at the home matches anyway?

Naw.

Aye for the edited bit. thumbup2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Yes

ETA: in saying that, if you were to suggest that the away crowd for such matches offers a much more vociferous form of support, I would entirely agree on that (based on my experience).

t

Yes.

I'm better with numbers than words.

(But not by much)

Whether the fans council were involved or not is completely irrelevant. It was an idea by Mr S Gilmour and co that came to fruition in an attempt to gain money. No doubt in the short term he and his cohorts will succeed in this, but at what cost? The loss of some present and potential future St.Mirren Fans. The board of St.Mirren have also failed the disabled yet again. There is no mention of what happens to the 8 designated places allocated to St.Mirrens disabled support parking places, that is if they will be needed given this deplorable decision. I ask that Gilmour and co sanction extra stewarding for the pacific purpose of having those stewards shown the ticket that allows these parking places are for St.Mirren Disabled Fans only.

Finally

I think that Gilmour and the rest of his cohorts on the BOD,s know that they will not be in charge next season, but I must stress this is only my opinion and not fact.

Edited by stripey

Whether the fans council were involved or not is completely irrelevant. It was an idea by Mr S Gilmour and co that came to fruition in an attempt to gain money. No doubt in the short term he and his cohorts will succeed in this, but at what cost? The loss of some present and potential future St.Mirren Fans. The board of St.Mirren have also failed the disabled yet again. There is no mention of what happens to the 8 designated places allocated to St.Mirrens disabled support parking places, that is if they will be needed given this deplorable decision. I ask that Gilmour and co sanction extra stewarding for the pacific purpose of having those stewards shown the ticket that allows these parking places are for St.Mirren Disabled Fans only.

Finally

I think that Gilmour and the rest of his cohorts on the BOD,s know that they will not be in charge next season, but I must stress this is only my opinion and not fact.

But surely any money gain is for the benefit of the club, you wouldn't be suggesting anything else.

But surely any money gain is for the benefit of the club, you wouldn't be suggesting anything else.

Whilst I do not disagree with the idea of gaining extra money for the club would be beneficial, I question the idea of extra money at what cost for St.Mirren fans. I mentioned the disabled parking bays, that is only in money terms of little cost, but important to those of us unfortunately disabled. You've also got to take into consideration the idea in the aims of getting extra money, that St.Mirren fans that purchased season tickets for the family stand are being moved like it or not. It may be an important game for us, in terms of a relegation play off. There are plenty more reasons I could list but I will leave it at that bar one other, were the fans consulted?

Edited by stripey