St Mirren V Morton 16/4/2016 Fan Solidarity Day

Iv'e just bought a shit load of beach balls,somebody better be doing something.........

Can I just say, as the Linwood general store owner, I was more happy to rid myself of that stock that had been sitting there for years.

I was waiting for global warming to bring a beach to Linwood.

Luckily there is someone madder than me.

Thank you LB.

Can I just say, as the Linwood general store owner, I was more happy to rid myself of that stock that had been sitting there for years.

I was waiting for global warming to bring a beach to Linwood.

Luckily there is someone madder than me.

Thank you LB.

No bother mate. Is it still Sale or Return terms.

Edited by linwood buddie

If you want to take a stance about the game v Rangers then surely the game to do it would be the Rangers game ?

The Morton game will virtually be the only one left anyone gives a shit about and a wee bit of bragging rights looks like all we will salvage from this car crash so I don't expect too many to follow your lead.

The proposal is to send a message to the board that they have gone too far in pursuit of money by hitting them.in the only place it hurts... gate receipts. ST holders have already ponied up. But if there were no match tickets sold to home support and the ST holders didn't attend that would hit them

would be a good idea to have a a fund up and running to contribute what you may have spent to go to Youth Football, Panda club, family event etc. .

Seriously are you a complete fool of a man and do you seriously support the club. Hope it pisses you off because I will be there to support Saints and will pay for my wife to get in also.

Seriously are you a complete fool of a man and do you seriously support the club. Hope it pisses you off because I will be there to support Saints and will pay for my wife to get in also.

Why would that piss me off?

Your first point though I Would direct at our board, if they seriously support the club why eject children and families from their chosen seat for a few quid? That pisses me off, but perhaps not you. Each to their own.

Hope the missus escapes hassle from the hordes of sectarians our board value above their own.

• 2 weeks later...

The proposal is to send a message to the board that they have gone too far in pursuit of money by hitting them.in the only place it hurts... gate receipts. ST holders have already ponied up. But if there were no match tickets sold to home support and the ST holders didn't attend that would hit them

would be a good idea to have a a fund up and running to contribute what you may have spent to go to Youth Football, Panda club, family event etc. .

I've not been a member long ,and I have watched the board with interest, there are a lot of sensible posters and clever folks, much more articulate than me

This is the one and only time I will quote you.

You are a greeting faced plonker who Saints fans really could do without, Its hard enough following the team through bad times.

Anyway one thing you have got going for you is the name Lord Pityme, very appropriate indeed

I've not been a member long ,and I have watched the board with interest, there are a lot of sensible posters and clever folks, much more articulate than me

You are a greeting faced plonker who Saints fans really could do without, Its hard enough following the team through bad times.

Anyway one thing you have got going for you is the name Lord Pityme, very appropriate indeed

Au contraire' I think you have always been a 'member' in all your different guises.

Seventeen years ago today, the 10th of April 1999. It's fair to say the world is a very different place now than it was then, quite a bit has happened. The iPod, social media, George W Bush, Pie and Bovril tk name but a few. What hasn't happened since that day, is a competitive Morton victory over St Mirren. There are Morton fans in their 20's, who have been following the Ton their whole life, who have no memory of seeing their team beat the Saints in a competitive game. Remarkable stuff.

Of course, this run will come to an end one day, perhaps it will on Saturday. This season has certainly been Morton's best chance to beat us in the generation since that dark day in 1999. I'm pretty confident we won't be as bad next season, the early signs from Rae are good. He was brought in to keep us up and managed it with 3 games to spare. Unlike Ian Murray, he appears to know what he's doing.

However, it's still Murray's team for the most part, and we really are rubbish. We've lost to Livingston twice and Dumbarton twice along with a collection of other embarrassing defeats. Infact, the only teams in the league not to beat us this season are relegated Alloa and...Morton. The poor Ton have had 3 shots at the worst Saints team in a generation, yet have only managed 2 points out of 9.

They're certainly due one against us, and part of me wouldn't grudge them a win on Saturday. It must be tough being a Ton fan. They don't get to see their team lift national titles, (none since 1922), play in national cup finals (none since 1964), or even national cup semi finals (none since 1981). They haven't even got to see their team play in the top flight since 1988.

When you compare our history to theirs, and add in the fact that they never beat us, you've got to feel for them really. I know how important a win on Saturday would be for their fans, even if it is in a meaningless end of season match for both sides.

So yeah, if there was ever a game where I wouldn't really mind Morton beating us, it's this one. I would rather the run ended when it didn't really matter. And 17 (seventeen) years is plenty, we've had our fun. I'll predict 0-1 and the celebrations in Greenock to go on long into night, and no one would grudge the long suffering Ton support that.

Good post ES.

Nail hit firmly on the head.

Seventeen years ago today, the 10th of April 1999. It's fair to say the world is a very different place now than it was then, quite a bit has happened. The iPod, social media, George W Bush, Pie and Bovril tk name but a few. What hasn't happened since that day, is a competitive Morton victory over St Mirren. There are Morton fans in their 20's, who have been following the Ton their whole life, who have no memory of seeing their team beat the Saints in a competitive game. Remarkable stuff.

Of course, this run will come to an end one day, perhaps it will on Saturday. This season has certainly been Morton's best chance to beat us in the generation since that dark day in 1999. I'm pretty confident we won't be as bad next season, the early signs from Rae are good. He was brought in to keep us up and managed it with 3 games to spare. Unlike Ian Murray, he appears to know what he's doing.

However, it's still Murray's team for the most part, and we really are rubbish. We've lost to Livingston twice and Dumbarton twice along with a collection of other embarrassing defeats. Infact, the only teams in the league not to beat us this season are relegated Alloa and...Morton. The poor Ton have had 3 shots at the worst Saints team in a generation, yet have only managed 2 points out of 9.

They're certainly due one against us, and part of me wouldn't grudge them a win on Saturday. It must be tough being a Ton fan. They don't get to see their team lift national titles, (none since 1922), play in national cup finals (none since 1964), or even national cup semi finals (none since 1981). They haven't even got to see their team play in the top flight since 1988.

When you compare our history to theirs, and add in the fact that they never beat us, you've got to feel for them really. I know how important a win on Saturday would be for their fans, even if it is in a meaningless end of season match for both sides.

So yeah, if there was ever a game where I wouldn't really mind Morton beating us, it's this one. I would rather the run ended when it didn't really matter. And 17 (seventeen) years is plenty, we've had our fun. I'll predict 0-1 and the celebrations in Greenock to go on long into night, and no one would grudge the long suffering Ton support that.

Hope your facts are true since I will be quoting them to my unwash friends at work tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe they will be willing to bet me more than the normal £1 lol.gif