St Mirren V Morton 16/4/2016 Fan Solidarity Day

The players seem to be playing for one another and the fans under Rae, something missing for some time at the club.

Everyone played well today, we were undone by a good counter attack, but otherwise looked dangerous. Our best performance for a while.

Happy

Guest TPAFKATS

Lots of decent performances today, cracker from Shankland for his goal. Unsavable

Liked our counter attacks, like watching Leicester ;-)

Not sure who runs slower, Clarkson or Webster?

Edited by TPAFKATS

'SAINT MIRREN, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT SAINT MIRREN, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT SAINT MIRREN, YOU'LL NEVER....'

There's my highlight of the season right there! That was braw'!

For the first time in a long time the stadium was rockin'.

"Oh when the Saints" and "You're not singing anymore", after the second goal seemed to reverberate around the whole West stand.

And, add to that that WE got the late goal, makes this a very good way to end our home campaign. Two away games to finish with.

THANKS VERY MUCH BOARD OF DIRECTORS. (Will they be rebranding the club shop for the last game of the season?)

"Oh when the Saints" and "You're not singing anymore", after the second goal seemed to reverberate around the whole West stand.

And, add to that that WE got the late goal, makes this a very good way to end our home campaign. Two away games to finish with.

THANKS VERY MUCH BOARD OF DIRECTORS. (Will they be rebranding the club shop for the last game of the season?)

Eh? Scumgers game is at home so just one away game left.

Echo most comments on today. Naismith was immense today, particularly dealing with McMullan when he came on. Fantastic atmosphere after second goal. However, again for me cooper failed to impress. Also gave far too much possession to morton. Better teams would have punished that aspect. Cannot fault attitude or effort and loved all three goals. Roll on next season.

Echo most comments on today. Naismith was immense today, particularly dealing with McMullan when he came on. Fantastic atmosphere after second goal. However, again for me cooper failed to impress. Also gave far too much possession to morton. Better teams would have punished that aspect. Cannot fault attitude or effort and loved all three goals. Roll on next season.

See when wee Munchkin tried that flick and made himself look even more like McMullan.

Edited by linwood buddie

I disagree regarding Cooper. He gave us width despite us playing very narrow. I'll give you him playing the wrong ball once or twice but otherwise, was keen and effective at getting down the line. He linked up with Gallagher pretty well too.

It's bizarre having so many natural left sided players. It's been a while since Miranda then Lappin before him. Everyone else has been played out of position on the left

Enjoyed that!! Laughing at the Ton fans is always a pleasure. They must be spewing.

Although we sat deep at times, thought our pressing and work rate when they got in our half was important today.

Agree that Shankland, Naismith and Mallan were great today, but thought Webster deserves a mention too. Dominated at the back. Shankland's goal was a brammer.

Interesting times ahead under Rae.

I have predicted everything right this year. I predicted the Pool would win 4-3 last night, predicted that Leicester would win league, and that Kevin would win he Voice.

Ok so I predicted pool would win in 93rd minute, Leicester last week and Kevin today...... still 3 from 3

Saints to win 3-2

... and Ian Murray would come good was your main theme from August to the end of October!

'SAINT MIRREN, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT SAINT MIRREN, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT SAINT MIRREN, YOU'LL NEVER....'

There's my highlight of the season right there! That was braw'!

That and us scoring after the Morton fans had let off their flare (:lol: at the very fact they did that in the first place) were tremendous.

Rae's games against Morton remind me a bit of the Scotland games against Croatia when Strachan came in. In the first, neither side was particularly good and fluked a win, whereas the second it was a deserved victory and showed just how much improvement there was.

Had decided I wasn't going to the Rangers game if we won so capping it with a last minute goal was fantastic. 6,216 and counting :)

Lots of decent performances today, cracker from Shankland for his goal. Unsavable

Liked our counter attacks, like watching Leicester ;-)

Not sure who runs slower, Clarkson or Webster?

I said that as well Leicester style of attacking, I don't think Quinn was fit.

A special mention to Jason Naismith for his performance coming back in a game like this. He was a bit rusty but a couple more games and he will be back to surging down the wing, Morgan was terrific for the 15mins or so ,a great out ball.Yes a pleasant Saturday afternoon

I disagree regarding Cooper. He gave us width despite us playing very narrow. I'll give you him playing the wrong ball once or twice but otherwise, was keen and effective at getting down the line. He linked up with Gallagher pretty well too.

It's bizarre having so many natural left sided players. It's been a while since Miranda then Lappin before him. Everyone else has been played out of position on the left

just feel he doesn't take on his man often enough, often has poor control, ineffective at taking a shot. I hear he has been good in some away games but not doing it for me. Compared to mortons McManus and a couple of others for them who were confident at taking on our defenders successfully, he was not at the races. But it's all about opinions.

just feel he doesn't take on his man often enough, often has poor control, ineffective at taking a shot. I hear he has been good in some away games but not doing it for me. Compared to mortons McManus and a couple of others for them who were confident at taking on our defenders successfully, he was not at the races. But it's all about opinions.

he did set up the 3rd

Eh? Scumgers game is at home so just one away game left.

We did enough to win, and Shankland's goal was a peach. It's still frustrating how poor we are at stringing passes together and how regularly the midfield fall out of games. In a home derby game it's also pretty disappointing that for our 2nd last corner of the game, with the score at 2-1 we have 2 men in the box against 7 Morton players and still launch a high cross into the box and for our next corner try having 0 men in the box and play for trying to kill time and get another corner and lose the ball within 5 seconds. Nice to see Naismith back and putting in a spirited performance and thought Goodwin got a great reception. When Gallacher was subbed for Goodie we last our best outball up front but once Carswell came on I felt that with Morgan taking on guys down the right wing and Goodie and Carswell retaining possession better, we looked a bit more cohesive. Didn't think Clarkson looked fit, and Quinn was fine but tired before being subbed.

FT 3-1

Yeah we were the better team and thought we deserved to win the game.

Morton had a little spell before and after their goal, but as soon as that second went in for us they were never coming back again. In players like Mallan (14 goals from midfield now this season) we have that but extra they simply don't have.

Got to feel for the Ton fans, you really do. They've really tried in these four games against our worst team in a generation this season. But as a football club, they just don't have what it takes to beat us. You'll never beat St Mirren was the song at the end of the game... And will they? Who can say, they certainly won't get a better chance than they've had this season.

If we beat Dumbarton next week we will probably finish above them too, can't see them getting more than 1 point from their last 2 games.

Unfortunately I can't disagree that St. Mirren strolled the midfield battle today. In large part this is because Duffy went with an uncreative and unbalanced midfield to try to shitfest the game, and failed. I'm quite sure Rae wasn't worried about how much possession we had because what were we going to do with it, lining up as we did?

If you do finish above us it'll be deserved in the end, largely due to these head to head results. Rae has is completely figured out and also your players - Naismith especially, a guy I really wish we'd kept - were more up for it.

Hate to say it but that was an admirable performance from St. Mirren. I felt the first game between the teams this season, you were too physical and generally poor and lucky to get away with the draw. But this time around it was men against boys.