Saints Vs. Raith 22/03/16

Yeah your right Agnew has proven to be much more effective since joining us. He'll be POTY in your book i guess?

No, he's shite.

The idea of bringing Goodwin off the bench when we are losing in the second half of a game is bat shit mental though, even by your standards.

No, he's shite.

The idea of bringing Goodwin off the bench when we are losing in the second half of a game is bat shit mental though, even by your standards.

Have you never seen Goodwin play???

He drives forward, and drives those in front and around him forward too. It doesnt work if he is in defence, but in midfield that is why he is still our best this season. Who does Agnew drive forward? When does Agnew drive forward? Dies he know what forward even means?

Your lack of understanding of the players concerned is breath taking. Are you saying we would be as bad or worse with Goodwin in midfield compared to Agnew? I bet there are a couple of thousand who would disagree with you!

What a heap of garbage. Deserved nothing and that's what we got. Scoreboard said Agnew was MOM. Who's was the panel Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles. As fir the manager. Team selection dreadful. Tactics eh what tactics. Think its hit the ball as long and as high as you can. Ball went that Haigh it got burnt by the floodlights. Tommo Goody and Carswell all sitting on the bench and brings on two youngsters. Woeful night caused by poor judgement by our management.

Edited by santaponsasaint

I dropped the joke about the wisdom of Gow's signing and injury record due to folks moaning it was old / repetitive. While results under Alex Rae have been a day and night improvement over results under Murray, its bonkers to drop our best player (or second best player if you think Watson is our player of the year) and not bring him on as a sub and to play Gow. Agnew, Carswell etc who have all been unconvincing in their time at the club when Goodwin has been one of the few consistent bright spots this season.

If we were lightweight in midfield and not competing there I can see a case for introducing Goodwin to make us more competitive there even if we are chasing the game.

Nice to know we have such a good squad that a fit Jim Goodwin is now a luxury we don't need.

What a heap of garbage. Deserved nothing and that's what we got. Scoreboard said Agnew was MOM. Who's was the panel Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles. As fir the manager. Team selection dreadful. Tactics eh what tactics. Think its hit the ball as long and as high as you can. Ball went that Haigh it got burnt by the floodlights. Tommo Goody and Carswell all sitting on the bench and brings on two youngsters. Woeful night caused by poor judgement by our management.

It's clear he doesn't fancy Goodwin for whatever reason and Jim will be away in the summer. That'll be that, nothing else to see.

Rae's remit when he came in was to keep up up and he's did that with ease. He's been a success thusfar.

His remit next season is to get is in the top 4. Let's hope his success continues.

Same old failings in the first half. Midfield way too lightweight and easily overrun by the opposition.

Defensively too hesitant at times. Sorry, but yet to be convinced by Baird. A young Cheesy as far as I can see. His attempt at a clearing header for Rovers 2nd goal was beyond a joke. No surprise when AR hooked him at HT.

As for Gow...what's the point.

For what it's worth, I think Agnew merited his MoTM award. Best I've seen him play in a long time.

Also thought Thommo made an impact when he came on. He won every ball in the air that came his way. His knockdown for Shankland's sitter was excellent.

As for Shanks, won us the three points on Saturday and should've nicked a point for us tonight.

Raith? Definitely best of the rest and had enough to see the game out. They will lose to the Bairns and or Falkirk over the two legs of the play-off.

Now if we slip up at Alloa on Saturday.....

Same old failings in the first half. Midfield way too lightweight and easily overrun by the opposition.

Defensively too hesitant at times. Sorry, but yet to be convinced by Baird. A young Cheesy as far as I can see. His attempt at a clearing header for Rovers 2nd goal was beyond a joke. No surprise when AR hooked him at HT.

As for Gow...what's the point.

For what it's worth, I think Agnew merited his MoTM award. Best I've seen him play in a long time.

Also thought Thommo made an impact when he came on. He won every ball in the air that came his way. His knockdown for Shankland's sitter was excellent.

As for Shanks, won us the three points on Saturday and should've nicked a point for us tonight.

Raith? Definitely best of the rest and had enough to see the game out. They will lose to the Bairns and or Falkirk over the two legs of the play-off.

Now if we slip up at Alloa on Saturday.....

If They lose to the Bairns, I'm putting my house on them losing to Falkirk TAE!

Edited by stlucifer

It's clear he doesn't fancy Goodwin for whatever reason and Jim will be away in the summer. That'll be that, nothing else to see.

Rae's remit when he came in was to keep up up and he's did that with ease. He's been a success thusfar.

His remit next season is to get is in the top 4. Let's hope his success continues.

Only a top 4 finish?? In a league with most likely Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Falkirk/Hibs as our rivals? What a loser mentality you have. We should be winning the league next season. Obviously we won't due to penny pinching from a board who are as unambitious as the fans.

Well not many games to go thank goodness. Hope I do not see many of these players again next season in the stripes. I do not know about anyone else but I shall be voting for Goodwin as player of the year as he was by a mile the best player we had under Murray and if Rae even gave the guy a chance he would see what Goody brings to the team.

Goody for player of the year!

Only a top 4 finish?? In a league with most likely Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Falkirk/Hibs as our rivals? What a loser mentality you have. We should be winning the league next season. Obviously we won't due to penny pinching from a board who are as unambitious as the fans.

What a bizarre post.

You list 3 potential rivals who will all have bigger budgets than us, and then question why I'm only wanting the top 4.

Agree apart from Agnew bit

He was easily MOM that's how bad the rest were

Thommo done more in 10 mins than the rest but we can't start him because our midfield is shite as he does all his good work in the box

Really poor team selection. If Gow and Agnew can get a start then why in Gods name can't Goodwin. We are far too light in midfield, Rae said he was going to make us hard to beat and stiffened up the midfield with Rocco Quinn. Then Quinn gets injured and we resort to the same midfield that got horsed 4-1 at home to Livingston.

Then he gets sent to the stand in rather tepid game. F*ck knows how he will conduct himself in a heated controversial game.

Not disappointed with the players cause they're doing what they've done all season. Disappointed by the managers selection and discipline.