Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

shull

This game is tomorrow and there's two posts in the thread :lol:

Not much enthusiasm then... Think I will make this my last away game of the season, 1152 train from GQS direct to Alloa.

We only have two more after this one right enough, seems such a short season. That's what happens when you get papped out all the cups and don't make the playoffs I suppose.

Wilks

Watson-Baird-Webster-Irvine

Goodwin-Carswell

McAllister-Mallan-Cooper

Thompson

Alloa 1-2 St Mirren

Going by this thread I see there is absolutely zero interest in the game!

Hopefully the players don't feel the same, as we could still manage to crash in to the playoff spot! (For League 1 relegation of course).

Having said that, I would hope we are now building for next season. No point playing rubbish like Agnew and Cooper when surely the manager is looking to get them out the door asap. Might as well give the youngsters some game time and see who could make the grade for next season.

Going by this thread I see there is absolutely zero interest in the game!

Hopefully the players don't feel the same, as we could still manage to crash in to the playoff spot! (For League 1 relegation of course).

Read this a few times this week. For a bit of context, this is the situation. Livi are a poor side in poor form. They lost at home to us last weekend for the second time this season, they must be rubbish.

The numbers back this up. They have 24 points from 29 games, .82 points a game on average. For them to even match our points total of 34, they need 10 points from their final 7 games. An average of 1.42 points a game, unprecedented in their season.

That would also require us losing our last 6 games, a run of form that was unprecedented even in Ian Murray days. Even still, I think we could lose our final 6 games and still finish above Livi.

Even if there was unprecedented turns in form for both Livi and ourselves, there's still Dumbarton, who would have to pick up form to overtake us too.

So yeah, although it is mathematically possible (as is us making 4th) both are extremely unlikely.

Edited by TopCat

Read this a few times this week. For a bit of context, this is the situation. Livi are a poor side in poor form. They lost at home to us last weekend for the second time this season, they must be rubbish.

The numbers back this up. They have 24 points from 29 games, .82 points a game on average. For them to even match our points total of 34, they need 10 points from their final 7 games. An average of 1.42 points a game, unprecedented in their season.

That would also require us losing our last 6 games, a run of form that was unprecedented even in Ian Murray days. Even still, I think we could lose our final 6 games and still finish above Livi.

Even if there was unprecedented turns in form for both Livi and ourselves, there's still Dumbarton, who would have to pick up form to overtake us too.

So yeah, although it is mathematically possible (as is us making 4th) both are extremely unlikely.

To summarise, no chance we'll go down. thumbup2.gif

No need to thank me. tongue.png