Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

shull

That's been my point. The Youth Development Academies have let Scottish Football down. An expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money. Ralston has been as guilty as anywhere else - especially when you look at how shit Jordan Stewart is. He couldn't even make that shite Scotland Under 21 squad you so clearly enjoyed watching rolleyes.gif

McGinn did OK, but that pass to Whittaker on the 80th ish minute was just amateurish stupid. Floated from the left back area to the right back across the back four. The commentary team were very kind to McGinn when they blamed Whittaker for not clearing it.

And to compound things Bridcutt actually has two Scotland caps now. f**k me. They really do give these things out like sweets.

I agree with this up to a point. Yesterday the u21s were fairly poor even though they came away with a good result. Some of that might be due to the manager. Generally this is a good level to gage players at when they are playing with and against their peer group. Yesterday Scotland looked very disjointed and although Barry McKay was better second half none of the so called stars looked up to much.

There are players in recent years that you've watched and thought, can't wait to see them in a Scotland shirt. Griffiths, Mckay-Stevens, Russell, Armstrong, Jack, McGinn and Mclean. But not a one from yesterday, in spite of there being several players that have had 6 and 7 figure moves. I'd have happily played Mallan over Gauld, Cristie, Storrie, or Nicholson.

And at the back I's certainly prefer Baird to McGee or Souter, (who could have been sent of,)

Edited by insaintee

Was at hampden last night and McGinn was a replica of that wee shite Broon.

Thought he handled himself well and looked every bit as good as Broon.

At the end of the game scotland had 3 holding midfielders against a piss poor Danish team.

Excuse my ignorance but what has this to do with Alloa v St Mirren?

That's been my point. The Youth Development Academies have let Scottish Football down. An expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money. Ralston has been as guilty as anywhere else - especially when you look at how shit Jordan Stewart is. He couldn't even make that shite Scotland Under 21 squad you so clearly enjoyed watching :rolleyes:

McGinn did OK, but that pass to Whittaker on the 80th ish minute was just amateurish stupid. Floated from the left back area to the right back across the back four. The commentary team were very kind to McGinn when they blamed Whittaker for not clearing it.

And to compound things Bridcutt actually has two Scotland caps now. f**k me. They really do give these things out like sweets.

Stuart, what is your agenda against Jordan Stewart? A young lad at the start of his career and you've written him off. Get off his back

Going only by radio updates on Saturday, it seems we were very lucky not only to win, but avoid defeat.Although we are 10 pts ahead of Livi and 8 ahead of Dumbarton, I think our final games will be on a knife edge. I don't expect to pick up more than 2 points before the season ends so it depends how many points our rivals manage.

I`m afraid Alex Rae will have to do very much better if he is allowed another chance next season. It is working out much as I had predicted from him, unfortunately.

Bluntest knife edge ever or... Were you just plain wrong again?

10 points clear with 4 to play, staying up with ease.