Sfa Good For Sfa?

Where are the SFA recruiting the dullards that are officiating at games in the Scottish championship?

These are incredibly low calibre people that we are being burdened with and it is ruining any enjoyment that one can derive from watching football.

That idiotic referee from tonight would clearly be unable to hold down any form of employment due to his apparent stupidity so why is he being allowed to ruin our beautiful game?

Yes this is a rant but for goodness sake I paid money for that game tonight and I deserve better than that halfwit!

Edited by TediousTom

Where are the SFA recruiting the dullards that are officiating at games in the Scottish championship?

These are incredibly low calibre people that we are being burdened with and it is ruining any enjoyment that one can derive from watching football.

That idiotic referee from tonight would clearly be unable to hold down any form of employment due to his apparent stupidity so why is he being allowed to ruin our beautiful game?

Yes this is a rant but for goodness sake I paid money for that game tonight and I deserve better than that halfwit!

TBF given that so many fans on here think you can clearly spot an offside decision from a bloody photograph 40 yards behind the line at an angle of around 60 degrees I would hesitate before anyone starts questioning a professional referees competence. Edited by oaksoft

Barry cook is from paisley and was head of renfrewshire referees assoc. also spotted him whilst warming up waving and smiling at a st mirren season ticket holder

Surely conflict of Intrests

Spanish refs from Madrid or batcelona can't ref el Classico. So don't understand why it's allowed for us

We aren't exactly a big country with loads of senior qualified referees, of course we are going to get overlap. Craig Thomson is also from Paisley and an ex head of Renfrewshire referees, as was Ian Brines.

Between them they've did hundreds of our games.

TBF given that so many fans on here think you can clearly spot an offside decision from a bloody photograph 40 yards behind the line at an angle of around 60 degrees I would hesitate before anyone starts questioning a professional referees competence.

.... unless the referee in question is Sir William of Collum. He clearly is both a dullard and an incredibly incompetent referee.

Has his three game demotion finished yet?

He works in our schools as a co-ordinator promoting fitness in pupils in his full time job. Knowing the poor calibre of our state education teachers I dare say you are probably correct.

He's also a very good mate of former Saint Steven Thomson and he is a former Scottish Schoolboys International Goalkeeper. Loads of people involved in football want their referee's to have played the game to a high standard so they can understand the game. I've seen Barry Cook on a number of occasions and I reckon he's a decent official however I did not see his performance tonight.

We aren't exactly a big country with loads of senior qualified referees, of course we are going to get overlap. Craig Thomson is also from Paisley and an ex head of Renfrewshire referees, as was Ian Brines.

Between them they've did hundreds of our games.

.... and in nearly all their matches, we have been penalized by those Refs trying too hard to prove they are not biased. Paisley officials should not officiate at our games, simples.

What an absolute unbiased ref last night allowing Rovers to push our team all over the place at will, with no punishment. The two 'shielding the ball over the bye-line' incidents were atrocious decisions. They were assaults nowhere near the ball.

Did the referee select the team and prescribe our tactics?

Out of the 4 games v Raith this season we have lost 3 and drawn one. Rae has a worse record against them than Murray. Leave the referee alone we need to sort out our own mess. Baird sold the jerseys last time we played them and once again last night.

I was directly in line with our defence for Raith's first goal.......... he was off-side by at least 1 metre when the pass came through but the linesman (assistant ref nowadays) was some 10 or 15 metres back from the line as it was a quick break up field. It was a howler by him, but it was noticeable that Saints hardly complained or made any kind of point to the ref or his assistant, so maybe they thought he was on-side - who knows!

Barry cook is from paisley and was head of renfrewshire referees assoc. also spotted him whilst warming up waving and smiling at a st mirren season ticket holder

Surely conflict of Intrests

Spanish refs from Madrid or batcelona can't ref el Classico. So don't understand why it's allowed for us

He's from Renfrew and an ex rangers youth keeper. Certainly doesn't have any affinity to st. Mirren!

Did the referee select the team and prescribe our tactics?

Out of the 4 games v Raith this season we have lost 3 and drawn one. Rae has a worse record against them than Murray. Leave the referee alone we need to sort out our own mess. Baird sold the jerseys last time we played them and once again last night.

We could play better ( maybe ) the bottom line is Raith are far better than we are their wins over us prove that.

You will note that nowhere have I suggested that the terrible standard of refereeing caused our defeat. Our wonderful club currently has a urine poor pool of player's playing dull and talentless football. Still they are better than they were under Ian Murray!

The refereeing last night was bowfing, howfing, minging and rotten.

That said the standard of refereeing that we had to endure last night (and in other games this season) should be beyond the realms of any country that has an education system. It is ruining the experience of going to the football.

Yes I do agree the ref was poor not helped by his poor assistants.Raith's first goal was just offside I was more or less in line with their attacker when he received the pass for the goal.Baird took a slight nudge enough to put him off for his poor header at their second.What a annoyed me was Raith's blatant time wasting the whole of the second period at throw-ins free kicks the lot.He did warn their keeper but only booked one player for time wasting.The ref at present is out of his depth at senior level.All this of course does not excuse Rae for having the absolute audacity to play Gow as a striker who was absolutely useless during that first half.Why was this guy given a contract? He has averaged 15 matches per season since 2007.An utter joke in my opinion and why did the BOD endorse his contract is beyond me completely.

You will note that nowhere have I suggested that the terrible standard of refereeing caused our defeat. Our wonderful club currently has a urine poor pool of player's playing dull and talentless football. Still they are better than they were under Ian Murray!

The refereeing last night was bowfing, howfing, minging and rotten.

That said the standard of refereeing that we had to endure last night (and in other games this season) should be beyond the realms of any country that has an education system. It is ruining the experience of going to the football.

It's the standard of our players that need to come under the spotlight not the referee. As long as I've been going to the fitba the referees have always come in for criticism. In fact when I started going there was a top rated ref called "Tiny Wharton" our song about him was Tiny's a winey. They've always been garbage.

I was directly in line with our defence for Raith's first goal.......... he was off-side by at least 1 metre when the pass came through but the linesman (assistant ref nowadays) was some 10 or 15 metres back from the line as it was a quick break up field. It was a howler by him, but it was noticeable that Saints hardly complained or made any kind of point to the ref or his assistant, so maybe they thought he was on-side - who knows!

It makes no difference where he was when the ball came through. Only offside if ahead of the last man when the ball was played.

It's the standard of our players that need to come under the spotlight not the referee. As long as I've been going to the fitba the referees have always come in for criticism. In fact when I started going there was a top rated ref called "Tiny Wharton" our song about him was Tiny's a winey. They've always been garbage.

No, you are deflecting.

The standard of our player is below an acceptable standard and in that I agree. This however is a discussion about the standard of referee's which is pishy pantalloons poor.

Stop deflecting and consider the halfwitted dullards that are being paid damned good money to ruin fitbaw.

No, you are deflecting.

The standard of our player is below an acceptable standard and in that I agree. This however is a discussion about the standard of referee's which is pishy pantalloons poor.

Stop deflecting and consider the halfwitted dullards that are being paid damned good money to ruin fitbaw.

Let's put it this way the standard of refereeing has always been poor.

The standard of players we employ has dropped dramatically and they get paid more than the referee, it's the players lack of basic skills that is ruining the game.