Punt Or Keep?

Langfield worse first choice keeper? How long have you watched St Mirren? Worse than Scrimmy or Cornell?

I don't recall Scrimmy being first choice, slightly before my time. Cornell only played about 6 games to be fair, so it's not much of a comparison.

Jamie Langfield: Punt (Hasnt got a good punt in him, every kick ends up in the stand)

Dan Wilks: Keep

Andy Webster: Punt

Jack Baird: Keep

Keith Watson: Keep

Gary Irvine: Keep

Sean Kelly: Punt

Jason Naismith: Keep

Jordan Stewart: Punt

Jim Goodwin (Keep but looks like he aint in Rae's plans)

Stuart Carswell: Keep

Scott Agnew: Punt

Cameron Howieson: Punt

Stevie Mallan: KEEP

Alan Gow: Punt (Shown glimpses of talent but too inconsistent)

Lewis Morgan: Keep

Lewis McLear: Keep

Rocco Quinn: Keep

Alex Cooper: Punt

Kyle McAllister: KEEP

Cal Gallagher: Keep

David Clarkson: Punt (LOAN)

Lawrence Shankland: Keep (LOAN);Farrell said in the papers that he would like to take Shanks back next season if Dons send him back out/release

Thommo: Sadly Punt: Would like to see him remain at the club in some role...

Barry Cuddihay: Punt

I would offer new deals to Keith Watson and Callum Gallacher and make that our priority and build the team round them also try sign David clarkson permanent, as it has been for the past 3 going on 4th pre season it is a total rebuilding task with to little time to bring in the sufficient standard of player . Or loan deals that very rarely work out.

Kelly is not a left back and on that basis I would punt him. However he does well at centre half and for me he has got more crosses into the box from a wide left position than anyone else who has played there this season. I would give him a game or two wide left instead of Cooper and see how he gets on before the season finishes.

Whilst this is an entertaining and thoroughly useless thread, as going by most responses AR needs an entirely new team, may I remind some posters on here (nameless due to fact I don't want to embarrass them)that at start of season, muppets were saying stuff like - better squad than last year, probably best squad in league--- in other words- or maybe try this players have shown when they leave, McGinnn, McLean, Harkins et all they suddenly become better players. We need a better System and then fit the players in,

Jamie Langfield - keep as u 20 coach
Daniel Wilks - keep
Jason Naismith - keep
Sean Kelly - punt
Andy Webster - punt
Jack Baird - punt
Keith Watson - has to stay been superb since rae come in
Jordan Stewart - keep
Gary Irvine - keep
Jim Goodwin - has to stay build team around him
Alan Gow - punt
Stuart Carswell - punt
Cameron Howieson - punt
Stephen Mallan - keep
Scott Agnew - punt
Lewis Morgan - keep
Lewis McLear - keep
Barry Cuddihy - punt
Alex Cooper - keep
Kyle McAllister - keep
Rocco Quinn - keep
Cal Gallagher - punt
David Clarkson - keep but think hell be away elsewhere
Lawrence Shankland - keep but think hell be away elsewhere
Stevey Thompson - sad was its went for the big man

I think you have the best all round selections - I'd keep Jack Baird though. I think he should not be our 1st choice CH though - He should be back up/ or at least made to fight for the position. At the moment when he is fit he is in - and as we saw last night, not always good enough yet.

Punt Jack Baird? He's had a few shaky weeks, but he's had a good season considering his age and the fact it's his first full season in senior football.

Yeah it's probably harsh but you say he's had a shaky few weeks, I would say he's only had a couple of good weeks, surrounded by otherwise shaky performances.

I don't think Webster helps him an awful lot to be honest but I've not seen enough to think he's got what it takes. Sean Kelly is in the same boat for me, a decent player on his day but woeful when it's not. And those bad days are more often than the good.

Whilst this is an entertaining and thoroughly useless thread, as going by most responses AR needs an entirely new team, may I remind some posters on here (nameless due to fact I don't want to embarrass them)that at start of season, muppets were saying stuff like - better squad than last year, probably best squad in league--- in other words- or maybe try this players have shown when they leave, McGinnn, McLean, Harkins et all they suddenly become better players. We need a better System and then fit the players in,

Some of that is fair comment.

I don't for a minute think Alex Rae is going to burn through the squad and build a completely new one but then again the day after a lousy performance is always going to get the sort of responses you are seeing ie; Bin everyone

There are some good players at the club but it's fair to say it's been a bit of a shambolic campaign. Again.

I am of the opinion that we have some very decent players at the club viz: Irvine Watson Quinn Webster Clarkson Langfield etc as well as our promising youngsters a few who are full Internationists so the nucleus is there.Looking toward to the close season to see who Rae will bring in.Exciting times.Despite our poor season we are as good as the rest apart from Newco.

I would offer new deals to Keith Watson and Callum Gallacher and make that our priority and build the team round them also try sign David clarkson permanent, as it has been for the past 3 going on 4th pre season it is a total rebuilding task with to little time to bring in the sufficient standard of player . Or loan deals that very rarely work out.

Build the team around Callum Gallagher? Are you kidding? He'll be playing in the juniors in 2 or 3 years.

Bear in mind that all the players that many posters wish binned will need to be replaced with better quality and presumably on a smaller budget as the evil h*n won't be around to rip off the knuckle draggers to the tune of £25.

On a more positive note hopefully Alex Rae's contacts and time spent watching games prior to joining us will reap rewards when new players need recruited. If Motherwell can find Louis Moult in English non-league, Dundee can identify Kane Hemmings at Cowdenbeath, Dundee Utd likewise Andy Robertson at Queen's Park then hopefully we can sign some good yins too.

Build the team around Callum Gallagher? Are you kidding? He'll be playing in the juniors in 2 or 3 years.

I think he is a good player and should stay. He worked really hard last night and did not give up in trying to get the ball of Rath player. Think Gow is stealing wages and should be released. Goodwin what a shame will be back as manager in a few years I think

Not a question to really worry about. Most of the squad are out of contract, as I said elsewhere Mallan may get picked up, likewise McCallister. Galling as it is if Agnew is on a 2 year deal no one will want him and we will be stuck with him whilst out of petulance or whatever drives his decision making our manager will ensure Goodwin is gone.

Expect to see Goody back playing for the opposition next season and giving Rae it up his ronson lighter. Most of the squad will simply go and we will have become like Dumbarton... A struggling championship club.

Wouldnt be surprised if tne U20's get hooked for next season too. Rae doesn't see the point in them.

Agnew signed a 1 year deal in the summer

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?page_id=45749

Edited by foxbar_bud

Thank the lord..!

Back to Stranraer for Agnew.

Having said that being an ex sevconian no doubt Rae will give him, Thommo, Gow, Webster etc all new deals.

Rae has never been involved at Sevco in any capacity. Neither have any of the players you mention.

If you were in charge, on current form, who would you want to punt / keep at the end of the season?
Jamie Langfield Punt
Daniel Wilks Keep
Jason Naismith Keep
Sean Kelly Keep
Andy Webster Punt
Jack Baird Keep
Keith Watson Keep
Jordan Stewart Keep
Gary Irvine Punt
Jim Goodwin ?
Alan Gow Punt
Stuart Carswell ?
Cameron Howieson ?
Stephen Mallan Keep
Scott Agnew Punt
Lewis Morgan Keep
Lewis McLear Keep
Barry Cuddihy Keep
Alex Cooper Keep
Kyle McAllister Keep
Rocco Quinn Keep
Cal Gallagher Punt if replaced
David Clarkson ? punt
Lawrence Shankland Keep
Stevey Thompson Punt

Looking at what's left we need a big Centre half. I know that most of you will be thinking Keep Webster but firstly I doubt he's planning on staying and secondly, he's been the biggest disappointment this season. Goodwin has a ? principally because I haven't seen him play 90 minutes for almost 6 months. Carswell and Howison I'm not sure about, sometimes I think They're ok but other times not. I'd keep most of the youngsters because I think they should at least get a chance to show what they do.

Thompson is done and so is gow,

Gallacher, and Clarkson should only go if we get something better in FIRST.

I'd keep Shankland if we can.