Striker Coach...

Jason Scotland looking for a coaching role at Saints. I've no idea who the contacts would be club (email/phone numbers etc)

If anyone can advise, give me a shout.

Is this your way of saying you know Jason Scotland?Pretty poor bit of name dropping if that's the case.

He was bloody good at his hobby tho!

Finest centre forward I have ever seen in the stripes.

Best header of the ball bar none.

His volleyed Goal at Cappielow straight from the keepers kick out (in to the wind) was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen.

But even more importantly - his many goals for us makes him a true legend.

If we had 2 strikers that scored as often as he and McDougal did together, and a keeper, midfield and defence who were just as good in their areas - we would easily win the league next year and maybe one of the big cups again!

I found this link at http://spfl.co.uk/clubs/st-mirren/ Top Scorers

• 11 S Mallan
  • 8 L Shankland
  • 5 S Agnew
  • 5 C Gallagher
  • 4 K Watson
  • 2 S Kelly
  • 2 S Thompson
  • 1 J Baird
  • 1 D Clarkson
  • 1 A Cooper

Rangers have scored 79 league goals - while we have 34 (40 goals listed above includes cups I think)

• Our top scorer is a midfielder - think we need 2 strikers who know where the net is more often than single figures for a season. Shanks may manage into double figures, and may even do better next year IF we can get him back, but we need someone else, who is ours and on a longer term contract - so that he bangs in a barrel load before we punt him for the usual undervalued fee.
  • I think the other problem has been supply - midfielders and wingers create chances with defence splitting passes - we have not created nearly enough goal scoring chances to be champions.

If coaching is part of the answer fine - but raw ability to stick the ball in the net often needs to be inbuilt in the strikers make - up. Scottish talent is thin on the ground - Maybe Rae will find the next Ibrahimovic and then we will ALL be a lot happier.

Midfield needs to up a few gears too - please no more mediocre signings in there and not too many boys from the academy - bit of quality creative experience needed.

Edited by Sweeper07