Independence Day Today

shull

Err... Demography over democracy?

So does your idea of democracy exclude some from voting?

Is democracy not about respecting the expressed will of the majority?

Re toddler tantrun... I suspect you understand fine but are being naughty in getting me to go further into it to start a rammy.

Not biting mon ami. :)

Me...?

Start a rammy?

There were clear demographic trends, Brian. Of course no-one should be excluded (though compulsory euthanasia for auld nawbags should be a serious consideration before the next indy ref).

The "no" movement? lol.gif

Mostly Loyalists (how do you like them bedfellows?) and OAPs giving in to the scare stories that they would lose their Pensions IMHO. Quite a few 'no" voters have been lost this winter...

ETA 'Gracious acceptance? From the Orcs? fish.gif

Oh dear, such petulance from another bad loser. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

This thread is going well. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

That strikes me as a very simplistic take on things. My 'belief set' (if you want to call it that) is very different to others who support independence. I favour an independent Republic, out of NATO for a start. I share more views with some friends who shat it than I do with some who voted YES.

Hardly a 'movement'.

I don't like the royal family either.

But it comes way down the list of priorities whenever I vote. Indeed, its not something I really care about.

For it to be your number one priority is odd.

Extremely odd. :P

I also object to the constant digs about folk who "shat it".

Christ knows it would have been easier on my lugs to have voted for independence.

Believe it or not... probably not... Some of us after careful consideration voted no for positive reasons, believing (maybe foolishly or unrealistically) that it could be the first step towards informed change for a better future.

Edited by BuddieinEK

That strikes me as a very simplistic take on things. My 'belief set' (if you want to call it that) is very different to others who support independence. I favour an independent Republic, out of NATO for a start. I share more views with some friends who shat it than I do with some who voted YES.

Hardly a 'movement'.

Did they just break wind.

The touch paper has been lit, now awaiting another tiresome thread about the referendum.

Doubt it, Even the most ardent Yes voter realises we were all F*cked big time had the majority believed Salmond and Sturgeon!! They very nearly pulled it off and there would have been no going back. The silent majority saved the country and their political careers.

Thank you for so ungraciously proving my point.

You're welcome Bud, it wasn't ingracious, it was my honest opinion and just happened to be true.

Amen to that ya separatist wank*r!

Hmmm...

Edited by Vambo57

Doubt it, Even the most ardent Yes voter realises we were all F*cked big time had the majority believed Salmond and Sturgeon!! They very nearly pulled it off and there would have been no going back. The silent majority saved the country and their political careers.

Condescending drivel.

Many folk who favour independence weren't/aren't uncritically hanging on Salmond's and Sturgeon's every word.

Keep up your smug slabberings, however, as it will surely bolster the case for another shot at achieving what us poor, deluded, naive fools dream of.