Rae Repeating Murray's Meltdown..?

Without doubt a bit more organisation has possibly kept us out of the relegation play offs. But did you in the darkest moments as you left New Douglas Park last season think we would be grateful to just not be relegated from the championship?

We have fallen to a very low point, and as most can see it was all wholly avoidable, but the board of SMFC saw fit to hit the accelerator instead of the brakes as we hurtled towards the cliff edge of lower league scottish football oblivion. We are dealing with it, and suffering it now,but you would have hoped the latest in our revoving door of managerial appointments would have at least sought to avoid repeating the disaterous and petulant mistakes of his two recent predecessor???

Playing Gow, Thommo and Agnew, all three of whom either never had it, or sadly "it" has left them, whilst Goodwin is sidelined for what appears non footballing/common f**king sense reasons! Rae has been at pains to stress in this league, and in Scottish football we dont have players capable of playing the ball...

But he contradicts himself and persists with playing the three mentioned above, when players of the approach and style of Goodwin are what he claims we need!

Anyone???

Goodwin played a big part in our relegation on and off the field .

Some fans have pretty blinkered views .

I do agree he would be suited to Rae's direct style of football though .

I can't agree with your last sentence, to be honest.

Goodwin often slowed play down last season. He wasn't direct-minded in his play (unless you you class the odd aimless punt as direct).

I have no idea why Goodwin isn't playing, but the fact is, we have just about secured survival - yes, a pretty damning scenario, and nothing to be celebrating - and have achieved that without Goodwin playing. I'm not attributing the modest upturn to his absence, but nor would I be dwelling on the fact that he hasn't featured.

This season has been woeful, and it can't be over soon enough. The whys and wherefores are always up for debate, but won't change a damn thing.

Edited by Drew

Nearly as bad as Shull.

Yes, but true, it is getting a bit repetitive, as with some of the other topics.

As for Rae, next season is the time to judge him.

With comings , goings and a pre-season under his belt (which he never had when he took over).

Edited by pod

Without doubt a bit more organisation has possibly kept us out of the relegation play offs. But did you in the darkest moments as you left New Douglas Park last season think we would be grateful to just not be relegated from the championship?

We have fallen to a very low point, and as most can see it was all wholly avoidable, but the board of SMFC saw fit to hit the accelerator instead of the brakes as we hurtled towards the cliff edge of lower league scottish football oblivion. We are dealing with it, and suffering it now,but you would have hoped the latest in our revoving door of managerial appointments would have at least sought to avoid repeating the disaterous and petulant mistakes of his two recent predecessor???

Playing Gow, Thommo and Agnew, all three of whom either never had it, or sadly "it" has left them, whilst Goodwin is sidelined for what appears non footballing/common f**king sense reasons! Rae has been at pains to stress in this league, and in Scottish football we dont have players capable of playing the ball...

But he contradicts himself and persists with playing the three mentioned above, when players of the approach and style of Goodwin are what he claims we need!

Anyone???

Rae took over a team careering toward the third tier of Scottish Football, made them competitive and secured their Championship status. To be honest, I think that was all we could realistically hope for at the time.

Are we going to start a thread every time every time we have a bad result or one of our favourites doesn't get some playing time to have yet another pop at the BOD?

As for Goodwin? Given we enjoy, at least, equal measure of possession in this league he simply isn't the answer as he just can't move the ball quickly and effectively. Everything slows down when it goes through him and that's just how he plays. I could, maybe, see a role for him in the middle of defence but that's about it.

Our fall, to this point, has been well documented by you and others. Can we just start to focus on establishing ourselves as a contender in this league next year and give Rae a f**king break. He's done a decent job so far. I don't agree with all of his tactics or team selections but his primary objective when he took over was surely to avoid relegation. Job (almost) done. Let's see what he does with the close season and how he wants HIS team to set up and play.

What has the Topic got to do with your post ? In no way shape or form is Rae suffering any sort of "meltdown" (whatever that is). Only person showing any sign of anything resembling a meltdown is yourself by labouring the same points time and again across numerous threads. Just let Rae get on with preparing for next season and leave all the meltdowns to posters like yourself.

Yes, but true, it is getting a bit repetitive, as with some of the other topics.

As for Rae, next season is the time to judge him.

With comings , goings and a pre-season under his belt (which he never had when he took over).

Point I am making is Murray had a pre-season and still picked players who didnt deliver for him. Rae has had half a season, going into a pre-season and appears to be making the same mistakes. If we had kicked on even moderately without Goodwin Inwould have accepted his judgement and the way he wants to set up his team. But to make the same selection howlers As Murray & Teale is baffling?

If he wants rid of Goody play him to your advantage, then dont renew his contract, dont cause the team to lose games and cutbyour nose off to spite your face. It

Point I am making is Murray had a pre-season and still picked players who didnt deliver for him. Rae has had half a season, going into a pre-season and appears to be making the same mistakes. If we had kicked on even moderately without Goodwin Inwould have accepted his judgement and the way he wants to set up his team. But to make the same selection howlers As Murray & Teale is baffling?

If he wants rid of Goody play him to your advantage, then dont renew his contract, dont cause the team to lose games and cutbyour nose off to spite your face. It

Did Goody not play in Murray and Teale's team of howlers.

How do you know that Goodwin doesn't have, a very popular clause nowadays, in his contract that kicks in another year if he plays x amount of games in the season? Maybe that's the reason why he's not getting a game? Maybe there is no conspiracy? Maybe there are no baffling team selections concerning Goody? Maybe this is just a non-story?

How do you know that Goodwin doesn't have, a very popular clause nowadays, in his contract that kicks in another year if he plays x amount of games in the season? Maybe that's the reason why he's not getting a game? Maybe there is no conspiracy? Maybe there are no baffling team selections concerning Goody? Maybe this is just a non-story?

Add to the fact he's probably one of the top earners at the club.

AR has already shown he's prepared to make cuts this way, this is why Ridgers left the club.

Don't think it is the lack of Goodwin that is causing defeats. We could hardly buy a win when he was in the team earlier in the season.

Well I think it must be he does not rate Jim or just does not like him. My reason is, if he has a contract stating x amount of games played renews contract then how can that come in to effect been injured since around October/ November. Rae should show him respect and play him. I like Thompson but have the fans seen his warm up - does'nt care if he plays or not as he has his other job with TV ( i like Thommo but?) Jim is still my player of the year for the short time he has played and our 2nd last final game of the season should be celebrated then so we can all say a farewell to our legends. I WILL MOT BE AT RANGERS GAME. I hope Jim plays the last few games. Rae this is my only criticism of you so far.

Managers are judged by results not team selections alone I don't agree with every choice AR makes but you can't argue he hasn't improved our position That's been done by the teams he's picked So like it or not he has generally been proved right Just as well fans don't pick the team though Some would have dropped our top scorers months ago

Managers are judged by results not team selections

Spot on. The fact is results have been relatively good since Rae arrived. We are in promotion playoff form under him, which is what we should be.

This has left the resident moaners like the OP with precious little to moan about. So they're scrambling around desperately searching for something, and they seem to have settled on the emission of Goodwin as their topic of choice.

Whatever floats the proverbial boat i guess.

Edited by TopCat

Goodwin is leaving so no advantage to playing him. We should be (as far as possible) giving those who will be here next season a game. Gow shouldn't be getting a game either.

We need to start 11 players

Goodwin is big personality within our club

Rae will be using a new broom as it's needed

Hendrie did the same to McWhirter years ago