So Farewell Then Jesus Christ

shull

He was. Pity human nature is such that his teachings have been so perverted by so many over the last 2000 years.

... especially the last couple of hundred years where people have wanted to give us the Jesus of history rather than the Jesus of faith and what we are left with is a 1st century Jew who was good but said nothing special and did nothing special and despite being an ordinary first century Jew who did nothing and said nothing out of the ordinary was pro-gay rights, pro-feminism and loved everyone.

What would happen if Jesus turned up at St Mirren park today?.... He'd play in the reserves until the Thommohawk got injured.

Ancient... ditto.

I smiled at your post. The Hawk had a great 3 first seasons and will always be remembered by St Mirren fans as a cup winning hero. Yet at some point in the next 50 to 60 years there will be a minute's round of applause when he has passed away and the chances are most people doing the applauding won't have seen him play and for many he'll be a surname on a cup winning starting XI, joining the names from 1926, 1959. 1987 and the rest of the 2013 team.

I'm typing this in my hotel room after seeing the Aberdeen Passion at the Aberdeen Exhibition Centre, where an afternoon matinee performance was needed in addition to the evening one to fit everyone in who wanted to come along and see the re-enactment of Jesus life story nearly 2,000 years after his crucifixion on a cross.

More people will be at church today than watched football yesterday in Scotland and its the same story every week in life in Scotland.

I smiled at your post. The Hawk had a great 3 first seasons and will always be remembered by St Mirren fans as a cup winning hero. Yet at some point in the next 50 to 60 years there will be a minute's round of applause when he has passed away and the chances are most people doing the applauding won't have seen him play and for many he'll be a surname on a cup winning starting XI, joining the names from 1926, 1959. 1987 and the rest of the 2013 team.

I'm typing this in my hotel room after seeing the Aberdeen Passion at the Aberdeen Exhibition Centre, where an afternoon matinee performance was needed in addition to the evening one to fit everyone in who wanted to come along and see the re-enactment of Jesus life story nearly 2,000 years after his crucifixion on a cross.

More people will be at church today than watched football yesterday in Scotland and its the same story every week in life in Scotland.

Recently I think it was WBA on MoTD were shown having a moment's applause for an old player who was on their stadium screen in grainy black and white from nineteen-canteen. He scored a barrowload of goals, but to me was just an old dude in grainy black and white.... To thousands though, back in the day, he was a goalscoring hero who no doubt had kids waiting around for autographs and adults wearing flat caps who watched him and regarded him as the best striker WBA have had since the Roman invasion.

Equally though, they might have thought he was a lazy basturt' who did fcuk-all except score goals. Never chased back, was a miscreant in the dressing room, hadn't tried a leg since signing his new thruppence ha'penny a week contract, should be sold to Birmingham City to get rid, and the manager should be signing a better standard of player.

If only someone had invented the internet.