Non Seat Allocated Season Tickets

I can see why people like their own seat where they chose, amongst their friends. However, what happens when their kids start going to games or a friend wants to go with them. This is not encouraging new fans or our next generation

I can see why people like their own seat where they chose, amongst their friends. However, what happens when their kids start going to games or a friend wants to go with them. This is not encouraging new fans or our next generation

Exactly. If the club don't want to scrap seat specific season tickets then they should at least do away with the right to renew the seat reservation every season. Make every seat a free for all and they'll get their money in much more quickly

As a STH in W1, I only sit there when we are denied access to the away end of the west stand, which I prefer since I would be closer to the h/w line. Most of the best seats are in W3 where I would like to sit sometimes but it is not possible due to nearly all the fans there being STH. I sat there once only to be told that's my seat by someone who appeared 10 mins into the game. It doesn't bother me but it does mean lots of other fans, who are paying the same money as the fans in W3 are being denied the chance of watching a game from there. This is not a pop at W3 STH, just feel that most of them have been there since the ground was opened it is not fair that others cant get a chance to view a game from the best seats in the house.

I go to football matches all over the country. I'm exactly the kind of person that things like the "Bring A Buddie Day" initiative was all about. I don't have a season ticket for St Mirren and I haven't paid admission to a single match at Greenhill Road this year, but I love my football - indeed I'm passionate about football - I'm an ex St Mirren fan, and I'm an ex St Mirren season ticket holder.

When I do go to Greenhill Road I can't sit next to my season ticket holding friend......or at least I wouldn't be able to if it wasn't for the fact that someone sitting nearby them has took advantage of the free season ticket offer to take one for his pet cat. Fortunately his cat has been willing to give up his seat for me a few times this season. If I was to wish to buy a season ticket next season I wouldn't be able to reserve a seat either next to my sons or next to my mate - that's a ridiculous way to market the product.

When I did have a St Mirren season ticket for Love Street I found it frustrating, first that if I didn't like the people around me I couldn't relocate without giving up a seat in the section I'd purchased it for. I found it frustrating that if I brought a friend they couldn't sit next to me. I found it even more frustrating that if my friend happened to support the team St Mirren were playing they wouldn't be allowed to sit in the same stand as us. Football needs to attract new customers to survive. Season ticket holders can be as entrenched as they want on this issue, but in doing so they really do forfeit the right their oft held claim that they are the "super fans" of the club

Is this guy for real? Ex St Mirren fan. Hasn't paid into SMP all season. Whit a wanker✊

As a STH in W1, I only sit there when we are denied access to the away end of the west stand, which I prefer since I would be closer to the h/w line. Most of the best seats are in W3 where I would like to sit sometimes but it is not possible due to nearly all the fans there being STH. I sat there once only to be told that's my seat by someone who appeared 10 mins into the game. It doesn't bother me but it does mean lots of other fans, who are paying the same money as the fans in W3 are being denied the chance of watching a game from there. This is not a pop at W3 STH, just feel that most of them have been there since the ground was opened it is not fair that others cant get a chance to view a game from the best seats in the house.

They are watching the same shite as you.

And funnily enough, I witness similar crap from the South Stand.

W3 STs rool ya bass!

There are some spare seats at the back of W3 if you want to move there next season. Who knows there may even be a lot more seats available next season :)

There are some spare seats at the back of W3 if you want to move there next season. Who knows there may even be a lot more seats available next season :)

Good to know since the mate will now be getting a season ticket now that he has retired. Cheers for info.

I have seen this topic being mentioned on another thread and I believe it deserves one of its own.

I believe it's an interesting concept. So let's see if it has any legs. If the club were to make the West Stand non seat allocated for match day tickets or season tickets but keep the allocated seating for the rest of the stadium. I can see where the club could benefit financially if we tried it.

Would that put supporters off buying a season ticket or would it be a good thing?

I personally would stop buying a season ticket if this ridiculous situation came to be. It is just another crazy idea to change for changes sake, i do not see any great difference being made by changing the current situation, if you can prove me wrong then by all means do so.

It is completely fair that if you buy a season ticket you get to pick where you sit, this of course was open to all when the stadium opened - why did you pick W1 then ? there were then and still are some non ST seats available in W3. Should i be asked to give up my seat in W3 because someone else "might" want to sit there - No

It is completely fair that if you buy a season ticket you get to pick where you sit, this of course was open to all when the stadium opened - why did you pick W1 then ? there were then and still are some non ST seats available in W3. Should i be asked to give up my seat in W3 because someone else "might" want to sit there - No

I actually pick a seat in the south stand when the ground opened and have only been in W1 for the last 2 season. Since I have been informed by Sonny that they are empty seats in W3, I will look forward to maybe sitting next to you next season thumbup2.gif

I actually pick a seat in the south stand when the ground opened and have only been in W1 for the last 2 season. Since I have been informed by Sonny that they are empty seats in W3, I will look forward to maybe sitting next to you next season thumbup2.gif

You can find the non-booked seats by going online and searching for seats for any home game, ST seats are all blocked out

I have seen this topic being mentioned on another thread and I believe it deserves one of its own.

I believe it's an interesting concept. So let's see if it has any legs. If the club were to make the West Stand non seat allocated for match day tickets or season tickets but keep the allocated seating for the rest of the stadium. I can see where the club could benefit financially if we tried it.

Would that put supporters off buying a season ticket or would it be a good thing?

A season ticket gets you an allocated seat for every home game. That's no problem.

For me the problem comes with allocated seating for patg customers. You get a ticket for an allocated seat. Sometimes for the worst seats in the ground, ie Front row M1. This despite the fact we have crowds of 2500.

So you go and sit in a better vantage point, only for another patg supporter to rock up with their ticket for that exact seat at 2.59 and ask you to move out their seat.

Non allocated patg tickets please.

A season ticket gets you an allocated seat for every home game. That's no problem.

For me the problem comes with allocated seating for patg customers. You get a ticket for an allocated seat. Sometimes for the worst seats in the ground, ie Front row M1. This despite the fact we have crowds of 2500.

So you go and sit in a better vantage point, only for another patg supporter to rock up with their ticket for that exact seat at 2.59 and ask you to move out their seat.

Bang on clap.gif.

Now that's a good idea thumbup2.gif