St Mirren V Hibernian Championship 2/4/16

shull

I enjoyed the game after we equalised. Before that we sat back and allowed them the freedom of the pitch. Our game plan seemed to be just to launch the ball anywhere.

I thought big Webster had his best game for us to date. Was it maybe because he was playing Hibs?

If Rae can get that battling performance from the players every week the fans will get on side a lot more like today. Well done to the players today.

Finally

Alan Combe ! What a total prick !

When the ball enters the box 9 times out of 10 shankland will finish it, the boy is a monster.

He's a player I would push the boat out to bring back next season, don't think we will get much better than him, the boy is only 20 years old.

Shanklands goal was very Barry Lavety in his pomp. I sometimes see a bit of Lavety in Shankland, a player not blessed with a great deal of pace but a brilliant touch and a terrific nack for scoring goals and some of them very special. :-)

What if the opposition consistently press us?

And what is the point of pressing the opposition anyway?

McGinn, in particular, was given all the time and space in the world during the first half to ping passes about. When he was closed down more effectively in the second he became frustrated and faded out of the game. Likewise Cummings, who picked up a booking for throwing a huff after the ball was nicked from him.

It's very simple, really, and I suspect, as is typical, you are at the fanny here, Andy.

Edited by Drew

Our first was onside as the ball was actually played by the Hibs defender to Quinn. I actually thought Cummings was fractionally offside for their first goal.Anyway despite Mr Dickson once again trying to be controversial this was a splendid display by Saints more so given the difference in the two team's budgets.

Hmmm...well the highlights will be on TV soon enough. The linesman didn't move at all. Normally when a goal is scored he'd run to the centre line. This one didn't move.

One thing you learn watching and playing football is the reactions of those around it usually tell more about what happened and the reaction of the players was utter confusion

Have to say yesterday was the best ninety minutes performance I Have seen this season. By a long way too!

Interesting to note how much more organised, solid and postive we looked without Agnew anywhere in sight! And no midfield bombscare moments.

Thought Rae missed a trick not counting the clock down by throwing all the subs on, a cameo from Goody getting in some faces and wasting a few more minutes might have helped us see it out for three points.

Aye the home boycott is in tatters, but since I will be owning the club soon Just thought I would pitch up for the remaing home games and pick the players for the list i will be submitting to SMISA as my squad for next season. First one out the door is Phil the PA man... What a f**king atrocious selection of tunes that guy plays..eh? "Call me Al" is now a goal celebration tune??? Not on my watch! It will be the intro to "No More Heroes" and "Go Buddy Go" from here on in. What the f**k was he playing at the end, was that the Crossroads theme???

Hmmm...well the highlights will be on TV soon enough. The linesman didn't move at all. Normally when a goal is scored he'd run to the centre line. This one didn't move.

One thing you learn watching and playing football is the reactions of those around it usually tell more about what happened and the reaction of the players was utter confusion

To be honest, I didn't celebrate the goal at all, as I was sure it would be disallowed. Not sure what I based this on, as I had no idea whether it was offside or not from where we sit. It did seem, though, that the Hibs players effectively stopped playing, which suggests something was potentially afoot.

Thing is though, every school kid who plays knows that you play to the whistle.

Edited by Drew

Don't often agree with LP I did mention earlier about the misuse of subs certainly Goody should have been on to shore things up with Morgan on for a bit of pace.Every team who won at our place this season used their subs to advantage with players coming off at snail's pace to run down the clock.On the subject of music Phil should mix it s little for old timers like me what about "glad all over" by Dave Clark played at few Premiership grounds down south.

To be honest, I didn't celebrate the goal at all, as I was sure it would be disallowed. Not sure what I based this on, as I had no idea whether it was offside or not from where we sit. It did seem, though, that the Hibs players effectively stopped playing, which suggests something was potentially afoot.

Thing is though, every school kid who plays knows that you play to the whistle.

I think it was collective disbelief as it was as if there was a delayed reaction. I thought the goal was being disallowed as well without knowing why.