St Mirren V Hibernian Championship 2/4/16

shull

Most opposition team do constantly press us.

The point of pressing the opposition is to limit the amount of time they have on the ball.

Indeed.

Both Bartley and McGinn were playing like they had an exclusion zone around them in the first half, and ran the show.

Second half, we got in amongst them and shut them down.

Both players spat the dummy a few times after that, due to their frustration at not being given an inordinate amount of time to spray passes about.

What if the opposition consistently press us?

And what is the point of pressing the opposition anyway?

As your man Charles Reep confirms, the higher up the park the ball is won, the higher chance there is of that team scoring.

Having to teach the Captain about the theories of the man who epitomises his footballing philosophy. Bloody hell, how far have you fallen?!

I think it was collective disbelief as it was as if there was a delayed reaction. I thought the goal was being disallowed as well without knowing why.

It didn't help that the linesman didn't move at all - I thought they were meant to run to the half way line if there had been a goal and they weren't flagging it offside.

It turns out the TV footage shows it was indeed miles offside and it was Carswell who headed the ball in to Quinn. I've no idea what the confusion was with the linesman but St Mirren certainly got a big favour there. The footage also suggests Cummings was offside for the first too.

Nothing controversial, just right. But I'll not hold my breath waiting on the apology....:rolleyes:

It turns out the TV footage shows it was indeed miles offside and it was Carswell who headed the ball in to Quinn. I've no idea what the confusion was with the linesman but St Mirren certainly got a big favour there. The footage also suggests Cummings was offside for the first too.

Nothing controversial, just right. But I'll not hold my breath waiting on the apology....:rolleyes:

I saw Hendersons head on that ball on the highlights, commentator too lazy to change his comment on the replays.

Nothing controversial, just right. But I'll not hold my breath waiting on the apology....rolleyes.gif

If you watch the Cumming goal it would appear he was yard on, When McGinn hits the pass Cummings is very marginally outside the box ,scroll forward from McGinns pass & you will see a saints player is at least a yard inide the box playing him on.

As for the Saints Goal ? I`d be raging if it was given against us, the only thing i can think is that it was the Hibs man (McGinn ?) who connected with the header but almost impossible to tell from the TV angle.

If you watch the Cumming goal it would appear he was yard on, When McGinn hits the pass Cummings is very marginally outside the box ,scroll forward from McGinns pass & you will see a saints player is at least a yard inide the box playing him on.

As for the Saints Goal ? I`d be raging if it was given against us, the only thing i can think is that it was the Hibs man (McGinn ?) who connected with the header but almost impossible to tell from the TV angle.

It's McGinn with Carswell but it's Carswell who wins it. It was pretty much right in front of us at the time. Quinn looked offside and the all round confusion just compounded it. The guy behind me said Quinn almost looked sheepish scoring it...."like he thought if he kicked it he might get booked for kicking the ball away"

I was at the wrong end of the stadium to see Cummings goal and I only saw it once on the laptop - my son showed me it. I'll have another look later on TV.

It's McGinn with Carswell but it's Carswell who wins it. It was pretty much right in front of us at the time. Quinn looked offside and the all round confusion just compounded it. The guy behind me said Quinn almost looked sheepish scoring it...."like he thought if he kicked it he might get booked for kicking the ball away"

I was at the wrong end of the stadium to see Cummings goal and I only saw it once on the laptop - my son showed me it. I'll have another look later on TV.

Naw.... Defo Mc Ginn's heid making contact, feck me its huge it obscured Carswell and the Main stand.

Ive just realised it was Carswell challenging. Defo goal then, Carswell hasnt won a header all season !!

Hmmm...well the highlights will be on TV soon enough. The linesman didn't move at all. Normally when a goal is scored he'd run to the centre line. This one didn't move.

One thing you learn watching and playing football is the reactions of those around it usually tell more about what happened and the reaction of the players was utter confusion

The linesman stayed put because a player was down injured.

Had the linesman had anything to say of importance to the referee regarding the referee having given the goal he would have had his flag raised.

Really shite defending for the equaliser there. People moaning about the Thompson substitution, but what's cost us the three points is nobody in our defence or midfeild picking up a completely unmarked striker standing on the penalty spot. For ages.

Never actually realised how bad it was at the time. I'm quite annoyed by that, there was plenty of time for someone to get out to him.

McGinn now has more assists this season for us than last season.

Really shite defending for the equaliser there. People moaning about the Thompson substitution, but what's cost us the three points is nobody in our defence or midfeild picking up a completely unmarked striker standing on the penalty spot. For ages.

Never actually realised how bad it was at the time. I'm quite annoyed by that, there was plenty of time for someone to get out to him.

We should have stopped the cross into the box but 2nd half performance was as good as I have seen from us for a long time. Looking forward to remaining fixtures. Especially the derby on the 16th smile.png

You're right about the Cummings goal. Looks like Cooper played him onside

McGinn's head played them all onside.