Stevie Mallan

I wonder if any of the Scottish clubs who are reported to be interested in Mallan would be able to pay a fee. They would surely be liable for a development fee even if his contract has a clause (or if there is another "gentlemen's agreement" on the cards).

I suspect a Lucky Bag and a pack of Hubba Bubba would cover it.

Or they'll go bust for a THIRD time. Dundee are not to be trusted. The swap involving Lex Richardson and Eric Sinclair proves that. :whistle

Dont know the Lex story. What a great box to box midfielder. Loved watching him for Saints. I thought he wanted a move and went to Dundee for a bit more cash?

Dundee are building a cracking side. The two ICT guys look good and they have extended wee Gowser's contract. Mallan would be a good fit for them. Good luck to Dundee FC their ambition is impressive and deserves reward.

They are but hopefully Hartley gets a job in the English championship if he has a good start to the season, then as all Scottish managers do-cherry picks the best of the Dundee team.

I wonder if any of the Scottish clubs who are reported to be interested in Mallan would be able to pay a fee. They would surely be liable for a development fee even if his contract has a clause (or if there is another "gentlemen's agreement" on the cards).

I suspect a Lucky Bag and a pack of Hubba Bubba would cover it.

Surely with him being in contract they will have to so I suspect they wouldn't be sniffing if they were not willing to make an offer.

Mallan is worth at least 500k, I really hope the days of losing our academy graduates are over.

Makes my blood boil to see McGinn and McLean starting for Scotland already and thinking of how much we got for them!!

Edited by Kemp

Mallan is worth at least 500k, I really how the days of losing our academy graduates are over.

Makes my blood boil to see McGinn and McLean starting for Scotland already and thinking of how much we got for them!!

We got what our fans thought they were worth!

There needs to be a massive change of attitude towards our young players for the club to move forward and prosper.

We got what our fans thought they were worth!

There needs to be a massive change of attitude towards our young players for the club to move forward and prosper.

Yip if you think how much the dundee united fans talked up Gauld, Souter, Allan, etc, They went for 7 figure sums, McGinn and Maclean went for a fraction of that

More likely that there needs to be a massive improvement in the quality of young player for the club to move forward and prosper. :rolleyes:

You never did rate McLean or McGinn as highly as people with footballing insight and knowledge Stuart... Did you?

Not like you to get it wrong.

Mallan is worth at least 500k, I really hope the days of losing our academy graduates are over.

Scotland are f*cking shite.

It no achievement getting a f*cking game for them. lol.gif

Yip if you think how much the dundee united fans talked up Gauld, Souter, Allan, etc, They went for 7 figure sums, McGinn and Maclean went for a fraction of that

Good point. It's bloody frustrating as I reckon both McGinn & McLean are better players than Allan (and even Lewis MacLeod) yet they got £1M+....

We need to be more savvy...

Good point. It's bloody frustrating as I reckon both McGinn & McLean are better players than Allan (and even Lewis MacLeod) yet they got £1M+....

It is, There are other factors, the fact that Dundee United have a history of selling players that turn out fine helps, but the other factor is the old boy network. Old Rangers were one of the biggest beneficiaries of this, although illegal payments to Souness and Rednapp might also have helpedwhistling.gif

More likely that there needs to be a massive improvement in the quality of young player for the club to move forward and prosper. :rolleyes:

Man of the match on his international debut? Playing every week for Scotland's second best team? Yeah they're both pish eh?

Man of the match on his international debut? Playing every week for Scotland's second best team? Yeah they're both pish eh?

Both still playing in Scotland, one is playing for the third best team in the Championship at a lower level than he was playing at when he left St Mirren.

I don't think either of them have proved themselves to be superstars as yet. I'm on record on here as saying I think McGinn has potential. I don't rate McLean that highly - clearly nowhere near as highly as you do.

And as I said on other threads this week, and many, many times over in the past years - there isn't much in the way of quality coming out of ANY of our Elite Development Academies. The Academies are an expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money and the SFA have been sold a pup when they trusted Mark Wotte with the strategy for youth development in this country. This is easily backed up when you see the lack of interest EPL clubs have in anything in any of the Scottish leagues these days despite low wage demands and low transfer fees.

But you carry on getting yourself a wee stiffy when an ex player makes it into what was essentially a Scotland C Squad for a no mark friendly. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Be more savvy how exactly?

We can't force other teams to make big offers for our players... What do you suggest we do?