Stevie Mallan

Correct

We set our stall out years ago with Lappin and it's bargain hunt in Paisley ever since

We won't get good money for anyone i'm afraid

Well if any English club thought McLean or McGinn were good enough, they would have paid the money for them when they were under contract. They didn't though.

In terms of transfers between non old firm Scottish clubs, has there been many of higher value than McGinn and McLean? Can't think of any off the top my head recently.

We got what we did for those two simply because English clubs didn't rate them highly enough to get their money out. They scouted them plenty too.

Well if any English club thought McLean or McGinn were good enough, they would have paid the money for them when they were under contract. They didn't though.

In terms of transfers between non old firm Scottish clubs, has there been many of higher value than McGinn and McLean? Can't think of any off the top my head recently.

We got what we did for those two simply because English clubs didn't rate them highly enough to get their money out. They scouted them plenty too.

We sold 2 players to English clubs for sweeties in their terms

I'm glad we have add ons for McGinn i think Hibs will get decent money for him in the future

We sold 2 players to English clubs for sweeties in their terms

I'm glad we have add ons for McGinn i think Hibs will get decent money for him in the future

Didn't we get 500k for McNamee and O'Brien? That has to be the deal of the century :lol:

Both still playing in Scotland, one is playing for the third best team in the Championship at a lower level than he was playing at when he left St Mirren.

I don't think either of them have proved themselves to be superstars as yet. I'm on record on here as saying I think McGinn has potential. I don't rate McLean that highly - clearly nowhere near as highly as you do.

And as I said on other threads this week, and many, many times over in the past years - there isn't much in the way of quality coming out of ANY of our Elite Development Academies. The Academies are an expensive waste of taxpayers and sponsors money and the SFA have been sold a pup when they trusted Mark Wotte with the strategy for youth development in this country. This is easily backed up when you see the lack of interest EPL clubs have in anything in any of the Scottish leagues these days despite low wage demands and low transfer fees.

But you carry on getting yourself a wee stiffy when an ex player makes it into what was essentially a Scotland C Squad for a no mark friendly. rolleyes.gif

Negative condescending pish as usual!!

So John McGinn has went backwards since leaving St Mirren and hasn't improved as a player. Maybe he should have went to Sheffield Wednesday like Stevie May or West Brom like Scott Allan.

He's 21 and has made his debut for Scotland and outshone Scott Brown and Christian Eriksen in the middle of the park. I never said he was a superstar. I trust Gordon Strachan's opinion of a player over yours. He will get plenty more caps, maybe not in the next World Cup campaign. I'm also sure he will onwards and upwards steadily.

B comes after A by the way.

So John McGinn has went backwards since leaving St Mirren and hasn't improved as a player. Maybe he should have went to Sheffield Wednesday like Stevie May or West Brom like Scott Allan.

He's 21 and has made his debut for Scotland and outshone Scott Brown and Christian Eriksen in the middle of the park. I never said he was a superstar. I trust Gordon Strachan's opinion of a player over yours. He will get plenty more caps, maybe not in the next World Cup campaign. I'm also sure he will onwards and upwards steadily.

Given Fatty's abysmal record at identifying a decent player, the opinion of Spongebob squarepants would be more trustworthy.

Where did I say that McGinn hadn't improved as a player. I very simply pointed out that he's now a slightly above average player in the Scottish Championship having just stepped down from Scotlands top flight. You must be nuts if you think shining against Alloa and Dumbarton will be the making of him, but then you come across as pretty stupid anyway.

What was your opinion of McGinn today? Mines was that he was pedestrian at best, never controlled the midfield and made Stuart Carswells job nice and easy. Maybe you were too busy wanking into your hanky to notice. :rolleyes:

Where did I say that McGinn hadn't improved as a player. I very simply pointed out that he's now a slightly above average player in the Scottish Championship having just stepped down from Scotlands top flight. You must be nuts if you think shining against Alloa and Dumbarton will be the making of him, but then you come across as pretty stupid anyway.

What was your opinion of McGinn today? Mines was that he was pedestrian at best, never controlled the midfield and made Stuart Carswells job nice and easy. Maybe you were too busy wanking into your hanky to notice. rolleyes.gif

Nope wanked into your's. Hope you have a coldbye1.gif

What was your opinion of McGinn today? Mines was that he was pedestrian at best, never controlled the midfield and made Stuart Carswells job nice and easy. Maybe you were too busy wanking into your hanky to notice. rolleyes.gif

On what basis do i come across as "pretty stupid"? Do want a list of my Higher results, my University Qualifications or my Professional Qualifications? You come across as a c**t.

I didn't go to the game today but you spent your Saturday afternoon watching "the third best team in the Championship" playing St Mirren, a team you claim to not support, in a meaningless game and you think i come across as stupid??

From BBC. Glad we have been outspoken about this ....

St Mirren manager Alex Rae says Dundee made a "derogatory" bid for their 20-year-old midfielder Stevie Mallan.

"As far as I'm led to believe, it has been knocked back," Rae said of the interest in the product of the Paisley club's youth structure.

"We felt it was a bit derogatory from Dundee and it would take a lot more money than that.

"It's just been knocked out the park really. I'm led to believe it is done and dusted as far as we are concerned."

The Buddies boss, however, commended St Johnstone after their approach for right-back Keith Watson.

The player is out of contract in the summer and Rae said the Perth side had informed St Mirren of their interest.

"We have to commend St Johnstone," he told BBC Scotland before Saturday's 2-2 draw with Hibernian.

"They have done it in the right manner - they sent a letter in saying they wanted to discuss with Keith the possibility of joining them."

Watson, who began his career with Dundee United, joined the Buddies last summer and the 26-year-old has been a stalwart for the Scottish Championship side this season.

"I'm led to believe that Keith has spoken to them but nothing's been signed as of yet," added Rae.

"So we just have to wait and see on that one."

Bobo and MacNamee deal was £600k up front, and would have been well over £2million if they'd both triggered the add-ons.

That deal was scuppered by Souness.When he became Manager he said that SMFC wouldn't ever be collecting the add ons.

That deal was scuppered by Souness.When he became Manager he said that SMFC wouldn't ever be collecting the add ons.

To collect all the money for both players they had to play 20 first team games each. The way it panned out, there was as much chance of me playing 20 games for Blackburn.

There was guestbook poster at the time who watched O'Brien playing for Blackburn's second string, and said that he'd love to report that Bobo was outstanding,and on the verge of a first team call up, but in fact he was mince.

To collect all the money for both players they had to play 20 first team games each. The way it panned out, there was as much chance of me playing 20 games for Blackburn.

There was guestbook poster at the time who watched O'Brien playing for Blackburn's second string, and said that he'd love to report that Bobo was outstanding,and on the verge of a first team call up, but in fact he was mince.

Was it not 5 games they had to play?

Was it not 5 games they had to play?

I think it was in increments, i.e. a certain amount after a certain number of appearances, then more cash after the next trigger was reached, etc.

The 20 game figure is the one that would have maxed out the deal and given us £2.2 million, which would have been washers to Blackburn anyway.

I also just had a look in the '125 years' book, and they quote the 20 game figure, but don't mention the increments. I think the guys only ever played in the odd cup game, which didn't count.

My recollection too, the arrogance which served Souness so well as a player hindered him as a manager where he seemed unable to admit to making any mistakes - fuck-im!

Edited by Bud the Baker