Falkirk To Protest About Fixture Changes

We'll done Falkirk

You've got a "ne" too many in there.

This seems to have upset everyone in the League....apart from us!!!Everything from POTY night's arranged for Sat 30th to sevco fans who have booked ferries etc.

My sympathies to the POTY people.

Good luck with your protest Mr Falkirk. Pissing in the wind, snowball's chance in hell, locking the stable door after the horse has bolted - put it any way you want.

The clubs bent over and took it right up the arse for the TV companies. A bit rich complaining about something you signed up for.

Apparently clubs have known about it now for about a week, but our board didn't tell us..?

You have to admire the only thing they are consistent in... Pissing the support off.

Did any other clubs BODs tell their fans?

Did any other clubs BODs tell their fans?

Dont know, do you?

I do know that Falkirk and Livi boards are/have raised objections and called for the switch to be reversed as it affects their supporters unfairly.

Have our board done this yet?

I Expect they will be tasking that well known conduit between suporters and the board room The Fans Council, to seek our thoughts and tackle the bigwigs at the SPFL on our behalf.... lmfao

Edited by Lord Pityme

Dont know, do you?

I do know that Falkirk and Livi boards are/have raised objections and called for the switch to be reversed as it affects their supporters unfairly.

Have our board done this yet?

Would be a fcuking hoot if SG and Co DID contact the SPFL to say they don't want St Mirren fans inconvenienced in any way by the St Mirren v Sevco fixture.

I think I actually would soil my pampers with laughter if they had the gall to do it.

Edited by pozbaird

What happened last season? Did SPFL Not change 1 fixture for tv but not others & Falkirk & Hibs successfully complained and got all fixtures changed to same kick off time. (Exact opposite of what their doing this time). Apologies if my memory is a bit hazy.

Dont know, do you?

I think we'd have heard about it before yesterday if other BODs had went public with it.

I'm no fan of our BOD but they have done nothing wrong this time.

Football should be played on a Sat but if that's not possible then Sun is the next best thing.

Would be a fcuking hoot if SG and Co DID contact the SPFL to say they don't want St Mirren fans inconvenienced in any way by the St Mirren v Sevco fixture.

I think I actually would soil my pampers with laughter if they had the gall to do it.

But they've all but solved our "inconvenience" problem by actively discouraging us to go the feckin' game!

Edited by stlucifer

my understanding of it was that 4 weeks notice was required when changing ko times for tv, reason being to limit inconvenience to fans

this was announced in less than 4 weeks

ive checked the spfl website and no clarification of any rules, phoned them and was told someone would get back to me but it might not be for a while as no one was around ! they were all out and very busy !

I think we'd have heard about it before yesterday if other BODs had went public with it.

I'm no fan of our BOD but they have done nothing wrong this time.

Football should be played on a Sat but if that's not possible then Sun is the next best thing.

They have been steadfastly consistent in not sticking up for the supporters who finance the club. You may think there is nothing wrong in that, I think they don't give a toss, otherwise they would be on the side of the supporters. Each to their own.

Surprised they haven't rolled out "the lady in the ticket office's job is at risk if we don't lay down to Sevco, BT and the SPFL" line again..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Another reason for many fans not to attend this match. Sums up football administration in Scotland today. All about money and zero interest in the lifeblood of any sport, the fans. How long before games are screened without any supporters in the ground?

Never. (Excluding matches that have been a result of various aspects of bad behaviour)

Next daft question? bangin.gif

"All Ladbrokes Championship clubs were advised last Thursday that live broadcast selections for round 36 would be published on 4 April and that, if a game was to be selected for live broadcast, all Ladbrokes Championship fixtures would be rescheduled to the live broadcast kick-off date and time," said a statement.

So the club have known about this for a week?

Really?

Shit stirring as usual.

Never. (Excluding matches that have been a result of various aspects of bad behaviour)

Next daft question? bangin.gif

l was being a little over dramatic but given the cost of attending matches versus cost of watching on TVs l know plenty of people who no longer attend games and watch on the box. Particularly amongst younger people the tradition and habit of following football from the seated stands is dying. My main point is, as seen on many threads today that shifting matches at such a late stage affects the abilities of many to attend. Edited by the barrhead teacher

l was being a little over dramatic but given the cost of attending matches versus cost of watching on TVs l know plenty of people who no longer attend games and watch on the box. Particularly amongst younger people the tradition and habit of following football from the seated stands is dying. My main point is, as seen on many threads today that shifting matches at such a late stage affects the abilities of many to attend.

Drama teacher are you? wink.png

You're in the right place right enough. tongue.png

unfortunately,i go to every game I can get to ,so will now need to rearrange my sunday to listen to bile belted out as we are outnumbered at our own home stadium ,in my own seat as im in main stand ,,but I will will not get a reduction or a thanks for turning up to support OUR team ,I will just get drowned out while somebody upstairs sits with a cheesey grin counting money ,probably in corp hosp or directors suite behind double glazing ,hearing sod all just like the sfa