Sean Kelly?

Yes.

Well his last start was the home win against Dumbarton at the end of February. We kept a clean sheet and I thought he played well.

Since then he's had two brief sub appearances, the latest was at Alloa.

I hope he stays next season. His versatility makes him a good player to have in the squad and he's always good for a few goals and assists.

Well his last start was the home win against Dumbarton at the end of February. We kept a clean sheet and I thought he played well.

Since then he's had two brief sub appearances, the latest was at Alloa.

I hope he stays next season. His versatility makes him a good player to have in the squad and he's always good for a few goals and assists.

My point exactly. When he has been played in the centre he looks a good player. As much as I am happy with the bit of progress under Rae, his squad decisions still leave me a bit confused at times.

He always looked better going forward than defending.

His lack of fitness and failure to improve his positioning has meant he hasn't kicked on from when he broke through. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in summer.

I've often heard people moan about his fitness, have never seen that myself.

I'm brought back to the game in Dingwall last January. Arquin got sent off in the first half, and our ten men were getting battered for most of the remainder of the game. As always when your team is a man down, everyone left had done even extra running.

In the 87th minute, with the score at 1-1, our left back Kelly galloped forward down the flank and stuck in a tremendous cross for Mallan who scored and we won 2-1. Hardly the kind of assist of a player who lacks fitness.

He can play at left back, centre back and left mid. He's probably most proficient at centre back, but having a player who can cover multiple positions is always a bonus.

Even this season when he's hardly played, he's still came up with 2 goals, so he is a threat going forward too. That's more goals than Clarkson and Gow combined.

Good player, good athlete, good left foot, versatile player, and one who has impressed me on numerous occasions. I'd like to think it's injury that's keeping him out of the equation as I do think he is a guy who can do well for us and has done in the past.

I noted quite a few keen to punt him, in the punt or keep thread, and was slightly bemused. All about opinions I suppose.

On Saturday there were only 2 players in the starting XI who came through the youth system.

Considering we are in a lower league and not a lot of cash you would think this would be the time we are blooding young boys.

But we're not. Cos we don't have any.

Stevie Mallan is a good player, but even he has a thread dedicated to whether he is actually that good!

Our youth system over the past 15 years has been dreadful. St. Mirren used to be a conveyor belt of great talent. Great young players continually emerging.

Now they are few and far between and we've now sold a player for big money since Joe Hughes left the club.

Something needs to be done. The complete failure of the youth system over the past 15 years is a major reason why we're in the bottom half of the Championship.

On Saturday there were only 2 players in the starting XI who came through the youth system.

Considering we are in a lower league and not a lot of cash you would think this would be the time we are blooding young boys.

But we're not. Cos we don't have any.

Stevie Mallan is a good player, but even he has a thread dedicated to whether he is actually that good!

Our youth system over the past 15 years has been dreadful. St. Mirren used to be a conveyor belt of great talent. Great young players continually emerging.

Now they are few and far between and we've now sold a player for big money since Joe Hughes left the club.

Something needs to be done. The complete failure of the youth system over the past 15 years is a major reason why we're in the bottom half of the Championship.

Because we're always punting them.

If we take away the sentiment about him being a youth squad member he is not good enough at left back. Far too often he gets pushed around and isn't strong enough. At centre half I thought he was better and would probably have him in instead of baird who is also hit or miss

Edited by norrie82

will probably be released and will be replaced by some guy who had 2 sub appearances for rangers under 20s, mr rae your true colours are shining through very brightly

Sean's brother is at Rangers do you not think that will be enough of a link?

If Rae is only interested in exRangers players why would he sign Gary Irvine who is an ex-celtic under 20's captain?

As usual it's about who the replacement(s) would be. Will we get someone else left footed, with as many appearances at a higher level who can play in a number of positions? Kelly is one of quite a few young players who will have been hindered by the rubbish management in the past 2 seasons. Deserves another chance.