Sean Kelly?

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Those figures are crazy. There is something not right about a society which pays these sorts of salaries for this type of work.

This type of work?

Entertaining thousands of people live every week, millions on TV throughout the world?

A "nothing statement" as people are worth what other people/companies etc are willing to pay.

Could be aimed at many occupations, the list is endless. 

1 hour ago, southsidebud said:

Yep - Great move and opportunity for Sean. Hope he takes it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Black & White Army mobile app

Why didn't he take his great opportunity while at St Mirren Football Club ?

I'm assuming he picked up full wages before he left.

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This type of work?

Entertaining thousands of people live every week, millions on TV throughout the world?

A "nothing statement" as people are worth what other people/companies etc are willing to pay.

Could be aimed at many occupations, the list is endless. 

:lol:

59 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Wait until he has to find somewhere to live in London, all of a sudden £70k won't seem so much after paying the rent!

That's the basic, he's got bonuses on top of that and some of the southern / London clubs have properties available for rent to their players (some of them even subsidise them).  Probably talking £1K per month for a 1 bedroom flat, not that much dearer than Glasgow really so good luck to him.  Think he was under-rated by the fans and the mob mentality kicked in and they heaped blame on him before anyone else in a poor team. Also the crap on here does little for young players confidence as the keyboard warriors put the boot in week in - week out.  Give young players a chance - we're supposed to be supporters.

Kilmarnock have rejected Oldham's first offer for Josh Magennis. Didn't he get a bit of stick on here at one time.

Edited by rabuddies
Just heard about offer.

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

That's the basic, he's got bonuses on top of that and some of the southern / London clubs have properties available for rent to their players (some of them even subsidise them).  Probably talking £1K per month for a 1 bedroom flat, not that much dearer than Glasgow really so good luck to him.  Think he was under-rated by the fans and the mob mentality kicked in and they heaped blame on him before anyone else in a poor team. Also the crap on here does little for young players confidence as the keyboard warriors put the boot in week in - week out.  Give young players a chance - we're supposed to be supporters.

Kilmarnock have rejected Oldham's first offer for Josh Magennis. Didn't he get a bit of stick on here at one time.

and the rest. Could get a flat in Govan for a lot less.  

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Those figures are crazy. There is something not right about a society which pays these sorts of salaries for this type of work.

jealous?

maybe you should have got a better job than a lecturer then! :lol:

mind you, seeing as you are lonely and live by yourself, you've probably got loads of cash

that's as long as you haven't spent it all on beer and burgers, fatty! :lol:

Why didn't he take his great opportunity while at St Mirren Football Club ?

I'm assuming he picked up full wages before he left.

Things definitely went wrong under Craig, Teale et al, but I'd like to have seen Rae give him a chance. I was a bit surprised he got let go.

In any case - I'm happy he's got another opportunity - he didn't choose to leave us.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Black & White Army mobile app

12 hours ago, rabuddies said:

That's the basic, he's got bonuses on top of that and some of the southern / London clubs have properties available for rent to their players (some of them even subsidise them).  Probably talking £1K per month for a 1 bedroom flat, not that much dearer than Glasgow really so good luck to him. 

You obviously don't live in London! You'd be lucky to get a studio in zone 3 for that.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

You obviously don't live in London! You'd be lucky to get a studio in zone 3 for that.

I had a wee look recently and really you are looking at over £1000 A WEEK for a decent place to live in many parts of London.

Edited by oaksoft

On 1 August 2016 at 9:04 PM, rabuddies said:

That's the basic, he's got bonuses on top of that and some of the southern / London clubs have properties available for rent to their players (some of them even subsidise them).  Probably talking £1K per month for a 1 bedroom flat, not that much dearer than Glasgow really so good luck to him.  

On 2 August 2016 at 9:39 AM, Chris said:

Here's a really good link for checking current rental costs throughout the UK...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36794222

I checked Merton (Wimbledon)

"A one-bedroom property costs about £1,174 a month while a two-bedroom home is about £1,499.

a studio flat  averages £884 PCM"

SK will likely enjoy himself in London.

unless he frequents f3k...

Edited by antrin
Data addition

• 10 months later...