Sean Kelly?

As usual it's about who the replacement(s) would be. Will we get someone else left footed, with as many appearances at a higher level who can play in a number of positions? Kelly is one of quite a few young players who will have been hindered by the rubbish management in the past 2 seasons. Deserves another chance.

Indeed, he looked OK when managed by Danny Lennon!

If we take away the sentiment about him being a youth squad member he is not good enough at left back. Far too often he gets pushed around and isn't strong enough. At centre half I thought he was better and would probably have him in instead of baird who is also hit or miss

Valid opinion. Mine is that he is good enough for the first team, and I think he is a good player. No sentiment involved. Does better when we play good football, as he is a good footballer.

Baird is also a good young player, picking up experience and improving all the time. There's some sentiment in that opinion, although the boy has only been in the first team under a year, and turned 20 in February.

Sean's brother is at Rangers do you not think that will be enough of a link?

If Rae is only interested in exRangers players why would he sign Gary Irvine who is an ex-celtic under 20's captain?

Irvine was at dee when rae was manager ,doesn't make him any good ,Irvine is another waste of a wage brought in when Kelly would have done the same job,no better no worse ,what we needed was a ch ,and that's the alarming thing ,rae doesn't see the obvious ,god help us next season

are you sure?

I don't think they were there together though I may have facts wrong.

It doesn't get away from the fact the rumour about ex rangers players and ex celtic players being a lot of rubbish.

You're right - Rae left Dundee in 2008, Irvine joined in 2010. You won't be surprised to discover salcoatsbuddie was talking out of his hole...

are you sure?

I don't think they were there together though I may have facts wrong.

It doesn't get away from the fact the rumour about ex rangers players and ex celtic players being a lot of rubbish.

Correct.

Rae is a Rangers fan but he'd be cutting his nose off to spite his face if he planned not playing or signing Celtic minded folk. People seem to have clutched at him playing Goodwin and binning McMullan, which he later claimed was because he wasn't doing what he was told and there was no point keeping him.

Since coming in Rae has signed two former Celtic players and the nephew of a former Celtic player. He's also signed the son of an Aberdeen legend, which is surely another no-no if his transfer policy is tinged with blue.

Edited by Stu

I heard AR on Clyde 1 last night and I'm sure he said he got to 2 youth cup Scottish finals held at love st, when he was at Celtic, then lost to Celtic in the Scottish cup final whilst playing for Rangers. So I don't think he would be narrow minded enough to only sign ex rangers players.

You're right - Rae left Dundee in 2008, Irvine joined in 2010. You won't be surprised to discover salcoatsbuddie was talking out of his hole...

im pretty sure rae had scouted him and left specific word he was to be signed in future,,..sorry hands held up .I got it wrong ,at least I can come on and accept I was wrong ,

im pretty sure rae had scouted him and left specific word he was to be signed in future,,..sorry hands held up .I got it wrong ,at least I can come on and accept I was wrong ,

I think it was more regarding your comments on Rae, to say that he will only sign ex Rangers players and will get rid of people who used to have a tie with Celtic is a f**king nonsense.

Correct.

Rae is a Rangers fan but he'd be cutting his nose off to spite his face if he planned not playing or signing Celtic minded folk. People seem to have clutched at him playing Goodwin and binning McMullan, which he later claimed was because he wasn't doing what he was told and there was no point keeping him.

Since coming in Rae has signed two former Celtic players and the nephew of a former Celtic player. He's also signed the son of an Aberdeen legend, which is surely another no-no if his transfer policy is tinged with blue.

We seem to have fans who are just as bad as old firm fans ether that or they have tunnel vision not sure which is worse to be honest.

I think it was more regarding your comments on Rae, to say that he will only sign ex Rangers players and will get rid of people who used to have a tie with Celtic is a f**king nonsense.

hold on ,where in my post does it say rae will only sign ex rangers players and to my knowledge sean Kelly has never had any tie with celtic,,,if you are going to jump onto peoples posts with shit comments at least try and read the post right in 1st place before you make shit up

Listening to some Saints fans opinion on youth players is very dubious at the moment as these are the same fans who didn't rate current Scotland internationals John McGinn and Kenny McLean. We always seem to be harsher on our own players coming through.

Even you might get a game for San Marino!

McGinn and McLean would star in their team. Dafty.

They might star for Gibraltar or Scotland.

But they wouldn't get a sniff at most other Countries Squads, if eligible.