As Good As It Gets..?

Well we certainly have had some poor starts and there certainly have been some suicide decisions, of that there is no argument. As for happy clapping......... hmmm, or backing board to hilt........ hmmm. However as a supporter of 40 years, I back the team, the club, the past present and future of Saints. I have never ye thought the season was going to be shit before its started, otherwise how can you support.

We have shown glimpses of recovery under Rae, personally I like him, reminds me of Gus, plus the fact he like Gus would have a far better record if the game was 89 mins long.

Resigned to losing Goodie, Mallan and Watson. Lets be honest our two best defenders have been out most of the season, Craig never planned passed Thommo and he is out to stud next month, Thommo has not performed since 2013. Great servant, really nice guy best of luck to him and thanks for 2013.

Reality is we will be the 19th best club in Scotland this year, that's pretty shocking when Ross County are 6th and build on success. So our BOD do get on wick a lot and I wish they would take the club off the market until they know more.

But 2016 - 17 season for me in April is one of hope. Rae has a 55% win rate which is nearly 4 times higher than Craig and Murray. He has starting us winning at home and we have shown at least we can compete, when Murray had us out our depth. Bairns 3-0, Gers 4-0, Hibs 3-1. Rae 1-0 Gers. 2-2 Hibs, 0-0, 3-2 Bairns and we could have won both of them .

Finally I sit next to a certain A.Mcgraw and I can tell you Duffy already knows his budget is slashed. Ton spent to stay in this division, he will lose several key players.

Psst , you do realise they have a Gazillioanire backing them ?

However , i do agree with the sentiments of that statement, We have never been good at building on success . We always seem to go backwards pretty quickly after our moments in the limelight

Hang on, make your mind up. You said it was on these boards and now the Evening Times. So, if I do requests copy I will find reference to the Board stating they feared we would get relegated along with all your accusation that would likely get our manager sacked?

Are you serious Ned???

The evening times article was posted on 'these boards'.

The rest of you post doesn't make sense???

Maybe I can assist you and try and herd those cats in your head.

With the current BoD in place do you think this is as good as it gets? The manager is frustrated at losing targets he would have worked hard on, with contacts that helped get him the job. Is it acceptable Ned?

Oh, he loves the idea of fan ownership now that it's being headed up by a Nat?!

The "politics and football should never mix" brigade (of whom LP was one) have been strangely silent since SMiSA's appointment of GA. Funny that...

More to do with the idea of kin selection if you ask me.

First poster is wrong... Again!

I would want complete assurance that whoever was co-opted onto the Smisa board was in it for the best interests of the trust and the club. My personal opinion, borne out by the tone of the first poster is no matter what colour of politician they can be devisive as they will by definition not be everyone's natural leaning.

Second poster, please explain, enlighten us. i am sure there are as many as me puzzled by your cryptic post?

Rae has us 4th best team in the league since taking over, in terms of points. That would indicate a play off place is well within reach. Given much of the squad we have has performed so badly for much of the season, I see no reason why we can't get a better quality of player in during the summer to improve on our current performance.

Agree with the points regarding waiting to find out the budget, as stated on a different thread. It has been clear for weeks that we were out of trouble regarding relegation. Hopefully Rae can now get on with trying to tie up players for next season to make us competitive at the very top of the league, not just aiming for the play offs.

Agreed Soctty

Some on here like LPM seem to forget where we were 5 months ago, 12 pts from 16 games under Murray and no home wins, under Rae 17 games and 26 points with home wins galore, plus far better results. Ok we are not Barca yet, but AR has had no money to play with and still dealing with Donkeys that Murray signed.

Willing to bet my House and LPMs life that Saints will be in Play offs next year for promotion, that's if AR gets his way a bit, and I can see it happening. AR tells it as it is, not as we want to hear. Murray stated we would challenge for league, after his start he was right, League 1!!!