Thommo Farewell Interview

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Interesting interview with thommohawk in the sun, can't see a link to it elsewhere.

Not sure about Arran in the word association part though?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7062615/The-Big-Interview-Steven-Thompson.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160409-_-SunScotSport-_-426574002-_-Imageandlink

I know he's been rubbish for a while but he's still my favourite ever Saints player.

Ex-English Premiership striker who joins the team he supports at the end of his career and ends up being the club top scorer for a few seasons and wins a national trophy scoring in the semi final and final. Amazing.

Interesting interview with thommohawk in the sun, can't see a link to it elsewhere.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7062615/The-Big-Interview-Steven-Thompson.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160409-_-SunScotSport-_-426574002-_-Imageandlink

Thommo owns a lovely house in Arran,I guess the EBT paid for it.

arran...............sevco thought it was a loophole in the offshore fund market............whistling.gif

You hear a lot of players who want to play for a specific club before they hang up their boots but tend to ride the big contracts as long as they can and end up done by the time they finally get to their club.

Thommo didn't, he was offered a lot more money to sign for Hibs and Dundee Utd when he signed for us but didn't take it. Instead he signed for us when he was still only 32 and ironically went on to have the best form of his career, probably because he was playing for his team now.

The guy is a real Saints legend and should be very proud of what he achieved with us as we were lucky to have him.

In footballing terms, the word legend is banded about all too readily. The last two years have been hard for Thommo and hard to watch him struggle... But the three years that preceded grant him honorary legend status.

A club like St Mirren had no right to expect a player that good to pull on the striped shirt... but he is one of us... a Saints fan... It meant something to him and it showed... How it showed.

One of the finest players ever to play for Saints, Cup winner and legend... that's how he will be remembered.

I particularly enjoy the fact that playing and scoring for St Mirren means as much to him as the club does to us.

When you look at the now iconic pictures from the League cup win, that's not a players face you see celebrating, that's a fans face :)

Thanks to players like Teale & Thommo we enjoyed that cup win and I agree it has been good having players of that calibre at our club.

Thommo is one of those players for me like Fitzpatrick who will always have a place and be welcome at our club.