Thommo Farewell Interview

Guest TPAFKATS

Ex Saint Ryan Robinson mentioned last week on Twitter that Thommo was in fact a well known Rangers fan, news to me certainly.

Has anyone else ever heard tell of such nonsense?

Don't believe that for a second. I was chatting to Thommo last week and he came across (again) as a passionate Buddie.

I'm sure he has a wee soft spot for the ex-football plc, but in exactly the same way as he has a wee soft spot for Dundee United, Burnley (probably more so given the play-off win) and Cardiff....

Don't believe that for a second. I was chatting to Thommo last week and he came across (again) as a passionate Buddie.

I'm sure he has a wee soft spot for the ex-football plc, but in exactly the same way as he has a wee soft spot for Dundee United, Burnley (probably more so given the play-off win) and Cardiff....

Yeah I did think it was an odd claim.

Ex Saint Ryan Robinson mentioyned last week on Twitter that Thommo was in fact a well known Rangers fan, news to me certainly.

Has anyone else ever heard tell of such nonsense?

Ryan R is jealous he is not a legend. Edited by HSS

Known the big guy for years, and can indeed confirm that he's a St Mirren fan....

just to further back this, I first met him when we were both about 17 or 18 and he was at United. I remember asking him (tongue in cheek) would he not rather just play for saints and get us promotion, to my astonishment he said he would absolutely love to. He had no reason to "market" himself as a saints man back then. Edited by Hambud

Let's be honest, Thompson would have to have acting skills worthy of an annual Oscar to have reacted the way he did to scoring in the cup semi and finals had he not been a St Mirren fan.

Barry Lavety was his neighbour and a hero figure when he was younger, and I'm pretty sure that the big guy's old man has confirmed often enough that his lad is a Saints man.

We shouldn't really be debating this, as we all know that Roy of the Rovers was never a fraud or a liar, and Thommo is our Roy of the Rovers.

Edited by Drew

Let's be honest, Thompson would have to have acting skills worthy of an annual Oscar to have reacted to scoring in the cup semi and finals had he not been a St Mirren fan.

Barry Lavety was his neighbour and a hero figure when he was younger, and I'm pretty sure that the big guy's old man has confirmed often enough that his lad is a Saints man.

We shouldn't really be debating this, as we all know that Roy of the Rovers was never a fraud or a liar, and Thommo is our Roy of the Rovers.

The bit in bold hits the nail on the head. Pretty good to react like that - and with his post match comments - in the heat of the moment if you're not a fan.

He's up there with Basher in terms of my all time favourite Saints player, which is about the highest praise I can give him. What he did for us in his first three years with us was incredible. The fact it was a Saints fan doing it was just the icing on the cake rather than the main ingredient.

Edited by Stu

Hope Lavety and Thompson have someone in mind to continue the legacy.

I also hope the Academy is set up well enough to ensure no more Ryan Robinsons. Jealous wee git. Does he post on here by any chance?

He's only on twitter I think. Like I said, a wind up merchant on there, but a good guy.

Edited by Soctty

Thommo is a genuine Saints Legend. Up there with Tony Fitz. Don't think there any others who come close in my lifetime to be fair.

Was fantastic for three seasons, scoring goals and leading the line fantastically, also leading us to the historic cup win. Even an injury hit season and this season, which seems to have been a bridge too far, can do anything to blight his standing with the club's fans.

Thanks for everything Thommo.

Thommo is a genuine Saints Legend. Up there with Tony Fitz. Don't think there any others who come close in my lifetime to be fair.

Was fantastic for three seasons, scoring goals and leading the line fantastically, also leading us to the historic cup win. Even an injury hit season and this season, which seems to have been a bridge too far, can do anything to blight his standing with the club's fans.

Thanks for everything Thommo.

Dunno if I wud put him in the same bracket as Tony Fitz likesays..

He's only on twitter I think. Like I said, a wind up merchant on there, but a good guy.

He's a good laugh on Twitter actually, I was just curious as to whether there his any substance in his(tongue in cheek it appears)claim re Thommo.

Fortunately not.

Thommo owns a lovely house in Arran,I guess the EBT paid for it.

I don't think any of the players can be blamed for the EBTs.

It was Rangers who avoided paying the tax and NI.

It allowed them to sign players they otherwise wouldn't have been able to sign.

The biggest cheat in Scottish football ever.

And Pozbaird, Kendo and Faraway Saint wanted to turn a blind eye to it.

Edited by nosferatu

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

How do you know I have a glass eye? 1eye.gif

When it comes to fishing... I prefer to watchthe wee Geordie twat. That was poor! Extreme. Poor.

The players accepted the EBTs, and accepted the advice of the club that they were perfectly allowable in their circumstances. They would be liable to pay the tax due, if and when HMRC decides that they were used inappropriately, and also if they decide to pursue those who had EBTs.