Thommo Farewell Interview

Guest TPAFKATS

The Main Stand should be renamed the Anthony Fitzpatrick Stand.

The West Stand should be renamed the .......................................

And the away stand should be renamed the club who sold there soul to the old firm stand.

We should always be wary of naming anything after people still alive

A footballer, of sorts, ploughed through an average career, built mostly upon kicking people whenever they slowed down to his pace. He left his wife and children and took up with the daughter of the club chairman-a young lady many years his junior. She became pregnant to him and was due to move in with him, until one night he took home another young lady from the pub he ran.

They spent the night together, but neither awoke as the gas boiler in his house was leaking carbon monoxide into the house that he was responsible for maintaining and making safe for his unborn child.

somehow, this became a tragedy and prompted Dunfermline fans to lobby the father of the young lady who was carring his child to name a stand after the idiot who wrecked so many lives. We now have the Norrie McCathie stand. it is hard to think of someone less deserving of such an honour and many Dunfermline fans now cringe when they think of those times.

Let's wait until people are well dead before we name anything after them.

We should always be wary of naming anything after people still alive

A footballer, of sorts, ploughed through an average career, built mostly upon kicking people whenever they slowed down to his pace. He left his wife and children and took up with the daughter of the club chairman-a young lady many years his junior. She became pregnant to him and was due to move in with him, until one night he took home another young lady from the pub he ran.

They spent the night together, but neither awoke as the gas boiler in his house was leaking carbon monoxide into the house that he was responsible for maintaining and making safe for his unborn child.

somehow, this became a tragedy and prompted Dunfermline fans to lobby the father of the young lady who was carring his child to name a stand after the idiot who wrecked so many lives. We now have the Norrie McCathie stand. it is hard to think of someone less deserving of such an honour and many Dunfermline fans now cringe when they think of those times.

Let's wait until people are well dead before we name anything after them.

He was well dead when they found him.

The players accepted the EBTs, and accepted the advice of the club that they were perfectly allowable in their circumstances. They would be liable to pay the tax due, if and when HMRC decides that they were used inappropriately, and also if they decide to pursue those who had EBTs.

No. HMRC is pursuing the club for the tax.

The point is that the payments were contractual - hence the side letters. The contract was for a net amount to the player. It was the club that was avoiding tax.

The side letters weren't registered with the football authorities and this is where the cheating comes into play. Had they been registered then tax would have been due.

The likes of pozbaird, kendo and faraway saint all wanted to turn a blind eye to this.

Shame on them.

Edited by nosferatu

No. The club would be liable to pay the tax.

Did not know that. The bottom line is at that time it was within the law I understand you have to pay tax now back. However these guys at the time were working within the law. On that I can't see them losing a case that was within the law at the time of EBT. Plus as suggested in the press they all Scotland and England involved with EBT get together as one group in my opinion will win the case no problem.

The only disappointment I felt going away from yesterday's game was that Thommo never got on. Will he get the send off he deserves? I really hope so.

Wee Eck said on Radio yesterday that Thommo will get his deserved acclaim at the last match of the Season.

No. HMRC is pursuing the club for the tax.

The point is that the payments were contractual - hence the side letters. The contract was for a net amount to the player. It was the club that was avoiding tax.

The side letters weren't registered with the football authorities and this is where the cheating comes into play. Had they been registered then tax would have been due.

The likes of pozbaird, kendo and faraway saint all wanted to turn a blind eye to this.

Shame on them.

HMRC will decide upon their course of action on those in receipt of the EBTs once the case has been settled one and for all. There is a still every chance they will pursue those in receipt of EBTs, and may even be starting to do this already.

Stop stealing the drama, it gives people another excuse not to attend.

Why would people need an excuse not to attend?

I'm not attending because I have no wish to be in the middle of the bile as the scumbags celebrate with ancient, offensive songs.

I don't want to see these village-of-the-damned having taken over the stand that I and my family normally sit in.

I've already given the club the money for my ticket at the start of the season. They chose to let that mob take over the stadium - I'm now allowing them to resell the 5 seats I and my group would have taken up, meaning more money for the club, which is - after all - the most important thing...

I'm not attending because I have no wish to be in the middle of the bile as the scumbags celebrate with ancient, offensive songs.

I don't want to see these village-of-the-damned having taken over the stand that I and my family normally sit in.

I've already given the club the money for my ticket at the start of the season. They chose to let that mob take over the stadium - I'm now allowing them to resell the 5 seats I and my group would have taken up, meaning more money for the club, which is - after all - the most important thing...

Yawn, yeah, I love when people post a long overdrawn reason.

Just don't fecking go. bye1.gif

Yep. I won't be there.

THIS was sufficient, although just not going would have been better.

I didn't need the "same old" below, yawn. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif